SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
It was about $5.33 for 91 when I filled up a couple days ago.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Took a drive to the big city today for some other stuff and got 87 octane at Costco for $3.29. it's over $3.70 everywhere else.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This evening, saw Regular was the following:

Chevron: $3.99, Safeway: $4.01, Shell: $4.07, Arco: $3.97

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Currently $4.85 for regular just down the road but I drive across the island (9 miles) to pay $4.44 at Costco.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
5.29 for 93 in Boston proper today, just the beginning, at this rate 8.00 or more by July.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The sad thing, nothing in the ‘pipeline’ is destined to change this trend. It seems any Russian oil will soon be added to sanctions, rightfully so.

Besides filling up our vehicles this will obviously spread throughout the economy. That 5% raise you got will be eclipsed several times over.

Nothing but imbeciles in Wash, party loyalty is a prerequisite over abilities. What’s lefty Grandholm, Sec of Energy going to do? Does she have ANY experience with energy? NO!!!

AOC will want more Gov’t subsidies for windmills.

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Regular is still below or right around $4 here in my neck of the woods. Diesel on the other hand continues to climb out of control. I've seen spikes of 15-25 cents overnight here as of late. I've been topping off at a half tank every other day here as of late and just paid 4.89, which is $.50 more than I paid 2 days ago. The stations closest to my home are at 5.13 per.

My company reimburses mileage at the IRS rate, however that is no longer even close to sufficient.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
A couple days ago it was around 3.70ish, yesterday I noticed it was 3.99 (Wawa) in PA, this morning it's 3.99 (Wawa) in NJ which means it will probably be another 10-20 cents more in PA when I get home tonight.

The prices on Gasbuddy are wrong, they can't keep up.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides filling up our vehicles this will obviously spread throughout the economy. That 5% raise you got will be eclipsed several times over.

5%? Have not seen a 5% raise in decades.

Some local landscaping companies have already sent notices that they will be adding a fuel surcharge to their spring services. I expect this pass-thru trend to continue where it can be administered legally.

This is going to impact you and I a lot more than just at the pumps.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
3.85 for Premium at BJ’s in Franklin ma yesterday.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year the COLA at work was 2.5%. This year it will probably be about the same from what I have heard. With the type of inflation we are seeing across the board, most of us will see substantial reductions in real wages, when adjusted for Bidenflation. Even if you job hop for higher wages, there is no way to keep up.

Posts: 713 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes!!!

Reported yesterday that the cheapest local gas was $4.89; just got back from walking the dogs and the same station is now at $5.19 for regular and $5.69 for premium.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Went in town for dog food yesterday, and gas at the cheap no-name gas places was $3.99. I didn't pass any names brand places, like Sunoco or Shell, but theirs is probably a couple cents higher.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gas went up here. I hate to say this I hope everyone who voted for Biden feels this pain. It will hurt the poor and the blue collar guys the worst. I think we need them to feel the pain in order to realize what a feel good vote does.

I asked my mom how her voted is working out for her and other people on a fixed income.

Posts: 1745 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I think I just paid 4.89 for 91 in Boca.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
$4.09 for regular here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Now $4.19 up from $3.99 last night

FML, at this rate we won’t be able to afford the 7 hour drive to VA for vacation this year. If there’s a VA to even go to Frown

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
On those driving trips time for the cooler & lunch trying to save. That was the complaint years ago with high prices, fewer trips inside for food & snacks.

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this is going to finally make these stupid, scared and/or lazy sheeple get out of their goddamn cars in all of these drive-thru lines and just go in and get their coffee now instead of wasting $10 worth of gas sitting there idling.

I’m always amazed at the 30-car-deep lines at Starbucks. Just go inside and pick up your coffee you lazy SOB’s Roll Eyes

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I asked my mom how her voted is working out for her and other people on a fixed income.

I have no sympathy for anyone that voted this administration in that is now struggling financially. Eat it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post