SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My Motorhome takes 180 gal. of diesel, It won't be going anywhere. I have been pumping the $2.99 diesel that was left over from last year out of the tank and filling my Kubota tractor.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
President Biden seems to praise high gas prices as 'incredible transition' Americans must go through

President Biden said that the country is going through an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels via the high gas prices being experienced nationwide.

Biden made the statement on gas prices during a joint press conference with Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on Monday.

"Here’s the situation. And when it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," Biden said, seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump.

Biden's comments come amid a stretch of record-high gas prices which the American Automobile Association says is "unprecedented."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...tion-high-gas-prices

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Biden seems to praise high gas prices as 'incredible transition' Americans must go through
2024 can't come soon enough.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:

President Biden said that the country is going through an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels via the high gas prices being experienced nationwide.

Biden made the statement on gas prices during a joint press conference with Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on Monday.

"Here’s the situation. And when it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," Biden said, seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump.

Biden's comments come amid a stretch of record-high gas prices which the American Automobile Association says is "unprecedented."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...tion-high-gas-prices

Instead of trying to force the transition, end all subsidies on all products, eliminate all laws and regs with an unfavorable cost:benefit, and let the free market decide when it's time to start switching to new technologies.

Central planning will always result in misallocation of resources, and that's exactly what we have going on. They're trying to prematurely force a change from oil/ natural gas to technologies which are not yet mature enough to make sense.

Once the alternatives have matured and do make sense, people will freely switch rather than being coerced.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we say it all the time, so much so, that it tends to lose its meaning, but it true- Joe Biden is absolutely clueless. He doesn't give a damn about American citizens or about his oath of office.

In order to be a worse POTUS than Obama and Carter, you have to go the distance, and doing so has been and shall remain Biden's only actual accomplishment as president- the honest to God bottom of the heap, no contest.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Hit $5.09 in Sterling, VA.

FUCK YOU PEDO JOE!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Biden turned out to be a Trojan horse for the far left. None of the loons who ran for the Democratic nomination would have been any worse than Biden. He's an absolute blank slate and will mumble whatever he's told.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is about 4.39 around the Durham area.
I have been wanting to visit my mom and dad in Florida but I cannot afford it.

If it keeps this up, it will cost a fortune to cut my grass.

I heard the current Presidents statement on the way out the door to the gym. Then I read it again while I was riding the bike.
( After reading his ignorant comments, I had one heck of workout)

I did not like/care for Pres. Obama, but I absolutely hate the current office holder.

If people cannot afford 4.39 for a gallon of gas, how are these people going to be able to buy an electric vehicle?

This is like a bad B movie, novel, made for TV movie, etc..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Paid over $80 for 14 gallons a few days ago. Eek

Last time that happened, years ago I was at the race track buying 100 octane fuel/pump for the day.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Premium. after using my 10 cents off a gallon

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Paid $4.29 per gallon for 87 octane, in small town central Missouri today. Absolutely infuriating.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I paid $5.29 for 87 octane last week in PNW. Thanks to democrat policies for.... you know the poor people.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just a little pain, fellas, while we transition, you know. Just a bit of pain during this time of great opportunity. I mean, there's absolutely nothing at all to transition to yet, but that's ok, cause many of us will fall into poverty, starve, possibly freeze to death long before those better than us reach utopia. So buck up and be of good cheer. Six dollar gas is a good thing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
So yeah, that's great. It turns out that releasing all our emergency fuel from the Strategic Reserve didn't save Biden or your wallet. Instead, prices are expected to easily hit $5 by July 4 (but remember Joe saved you $0.16 that one time!).

I think we'll be well over $5 a gallon for regular by then, and maybe even $6, given how fast it jumped the first time and steadied, and how fast it's jumped again. $4.89 a gallon yesterday, we'll probably be over $5 by June 4th. Fuuuuuck.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, too funny!

Oh I’m feelin’it 2Scoops! My 2 gal gas can= $9.00. I love my country but hate the politics.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
So yeah, that's great. It turns out that releasing all our emergency fuel from the Strategic Reserve didn't save Biden or your wallet. Instead, prices are expected to easily hit $5 by July 4 (but remember Joe saved you $0.16 that one time!).

I think we'll be well over $5 a gallon for regular by then, and maybe even $6, given how fast it jumped the first time and steadied, and how fast it's jumped again. $4.89 a gallon yesterday, we'll probably be over $5 by June 4th. Fuuuuuck.
The futures market doesn’t match what you’re typing:
  • July futures are $0.1266 less than today's close of RBOB
  • August futures are $0.2818 less than today's close of RBOB

If you believe what you’re typing go long on RBOB futures.

DISCLOSURES:
  • My employer sells gasoline, and I'm still not in that portion of the business. However, I am still prohibited from buying or selling refined product, crude oil, or natural gas futures.
  • I'm still not an investment advisor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    crazy heart
    Picture of mod29
    posted Hide Post
    $5.51 / gal for 87 octane here in the PNW today.
    Thanks, Joe. Really enjoyed that.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    OKC Costco has held steady at $3.79 for the last 10-14 days or so. Today it went up to $3.82. This is for regular unleaded E10.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    $4.25 @ 9am (Spencer,WV. 5pm, $4.45. 87 octane.
    As always, F jb!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post