SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
$3.159 for 87 this morning in far N Houston

Have to fill up the Denali, not looking forward to that one.

Topped up the Denali yesterday, already missing my Explorer [in for svc/warranty/recall]
$3.849 for 89
Shell station had $3.189 for 87 on the sign, expected a smaller jump to 89

Worse part, 14.8mpg Red Face
That 6.2l V8 is thirsty

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Governor dropped the Georgia state gas tax last week (about 30 cents) to try to offset the effects of Uncle Joe's policies so I'm seeing about $3.39 in my area now.
I don't know how long they can do that without harming the highway budget.

Posts: 9536 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Friend said his sister in LA paid $6.50 yesterday...

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
$4.699/gal for 91 octane today Eek
The S2000 AP1 only drinks high octane fuel.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16251 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Worse part, 14.8mpg Red Face
That 6.2l V8 is thirsty

Well... I can say that an 8.3l is also thirsty (and likes Premium), but fuel economy wasn't what I had in mind at the time. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The Governor dropped the Georgia state gas tax last week (about 30 cents) to try to offset the effects of Uncle Joe's policies so I'm seeing about $3.39 in my area now.

Yup, it was 42¢ cheaper since my last fillup.

Posts: 9167 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I just paid at $4.19 for Premium at the local Mobil station, which is typically $.20/gal cheaper than the nearby Irving stations are priced. Shockingly, this is the same price I was paying 7 weeks ago!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8941 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Regular at $3.59 and diesel at $4.19 today.

God bless America.

Posts: 13517 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
Paid $6.05 for premium at a Speedway Express today. Across the street at a Chevron, premium was $6.78. FJB and Gavin......... Mad

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 145 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
$3.99 around here now at Wawa for regular

They seem reluctant to hit that $4.00 number but it's coming Frown

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just filled up regular at $6.09 over in West LA. Ridiculous.

Posts: 102 | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Around here, lately has been $2.45 to $2.50. Last night, I passed by a Valero as I was driving to my parents' house, and their gas was at $2. Wow! Said to myself, I'll fill up on the way back. Six hours later, it was up to $2.40. Damn! That's what I get for putting things off 'til later. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26455 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p220cop:
Paid $6.05 for premium at a Speedway Express today. Across the street at a Chevron, premium was $6.78. FJB and Gavin......... Mad

Jeez! That's some of the highest I've seen in a long time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Prices are weird here, $3.39 at Costco right off the I-5 corridor. Went to the coast last weekend and it was $3.15.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Passing through Richmond KY it was $2.69 for 87. Louisville is always 30 cents or more higher.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 335 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think people are cutting back on everything including driving and it’s driving prices down.

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I noticed it was in the $2.49 ~ $2.69 range as well.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3.21 here in the Yoop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16113 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
For 87 $4.69 - $5.19 in my town.

It doesn't affect me because I drive a Mustang Mach E.

It's charging off my solar panels as I type this!

Actually it does affect me with the cost of goods etc...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3491 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think people are cutting back on everything including driving and it’s driving prices down.
It's true that demand is down from summer, but it's within a percent or two of this time in 2022. Also, gasoline inventory is in the normal range.

Crude oil tends to have a bigger impact on gasoline prices. Crude oil prices have been falling since late September. Last week was the 2nd biggest week for crude oil imports into US for 2023, and biggest for first week of December since 2016. US Crude oil production is also up about 10% since last year. Crude oil inventories are growing but remain in normal range.

I like gas buddy's charts since you can easily compare US cities and compare gasoline to crude oil:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
$2.41 at Sams in El Paso. $3.29 at The Triangle in Alpine.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post