SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
2.81 for 87 reg today,

last time I filled the Van (diesel) was a 3 weeks ago and it was in teh 370 range,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10608 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Anyone offering decent odds that after New Year's Day gas prices suddenly go up?
Gasoline futures are traded on NYMEX and they're showing January gasoline down 1.75%. You could go long on gasoline futures and if you're right (i.e. gasoline goes up instead of down) put some coin in your pocket. Of course, if prices decrease you lose the money.

DISCLAIMER: This isn't investment advice as I'm not an investment advisor

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23718 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I paid $3.29 for 87 octane today at a Shell station in Mtn Home.

Posts: 7447 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I just paid $2.59 for 87 octane tonight.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
$2.39 at QT here in middle America. Cheaper than even the local Costco and Sam’s.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Gas prices seemed to have taken a jump around here like 20+ cents a gal in just the past day or two.

Are you guys seeing this too? Puts the Dems and Dementia Joe in a bind I think as he already pretty much drained the SPR so there will be no artificial lowering of prices in time for the election.

Posts: 34751 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gas prices seemed to have taken a jump around here like 20+ cents a gal in just the past day or two.

Are you guys seeing this too?

Yes. From around $2.69 to 2.99/gallon today.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24686 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We jumped .30 cents overnight here in NW Ohio

Posts: 509 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
$2.69 to $2.89 over last couple of days....

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
$2.70 to $3 in Kenton Oh.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
2.99/gallon everywhere in Alpine. Hasn’t changed in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 27204 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meijer Gas station connected to their grocery store showed $2.92 about ten days ago, now I think I saw $3.49.

Luckily, they have a discount plan for grocery purchases so we pay $1.00 less per gallon, and believe me, we use it these days!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9388 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Still over 50% MORE than in November 2020!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9450 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I remember this every time I fill up! Mad

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9388 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It just went up over 20 cents around here, I've seen $3.09.

It would not surprise me if Sleepy Joe releases millions of barrels of oil from the emergency reserves just before election day...

Posts: 16034 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
$3.19 is the local rate at the moment, except for one Weis market station which is $2.95 per gallon. It is sad to think that considering $2.95 a gallon as “cheap”…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15868 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
It is sad to think that considering $2.95 a gallon as “cheap”…

I'm paying $4.09 at Sam's club and happy! Well, not really, but happy it's not $6.

As for your increases, looks like most of you are east coast based. I'm wondering if there isn't a supply issue or refining issue.

Queue Tatortodd for insight.

P229

Posts: 3954 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep....30 cents in a couple days in Central Ohio and crude oil hasn't moved much.

Posts: 1001 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid 2.86 on Saturday. Same shop was 3.09 on yesterday almost a quarter in 2 days ?!

Posts: 4992 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
It just went up over 20 cents around here, I've seen $3.09.

It would not surprise me if Sleepy Joe releases millions of barrels of oil from the emergency reserves just before election day...

How? The thing is practically empty.

Posts: 34751 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post