SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Diesel jumped up to $5.08 here today. Fuckers.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I just sat through a few minutes of a FOX interview with Mark Warner (D-Virginia) about gas prices. What a retard! When we put people like this in control there is no wonder why things are totally screwed up. His big news about gas prices...the administration had approved two leases to ship LNG overseas to "help get our European friends off Russian gas". Forgive me, but maybe someone here can explain to me just how in the hell that's going to have any impact on American gas prices at the pump. His other brain trust idea was to charge oil companies for holding leases they are not utilizing currently. Yeah, that should do wonders to fix our problems.

Face it folks, we are being ruled by total and complete retards.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
$5.18 today.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Paid $3.89 for reg at Sam's Club this morning. There was a little bit of a line but saving 20 cents a gallon was worth it. And bigdeal, yes, Warner is a real tool.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
$4.13 and $4.89 for regular and diesel, respectively.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Down to $3.75 at QuikTrip. was over $4 3-4 weeks ago. Sams and some of the other discounters are up to $.10 less.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Biden raids our National Strategic Oil Reserve to help his failing poll numbers. The reserve is there for global supply emergency or war, yet he's draining the tanks for polling numbers when we are possibly at a point of global/regional war and a real supply shortage. What happens when the tank is half empty when we need it most?

The supply shortages are completely self inflicted. The administration has purposely limited supplies, but more importantly limited future supplies and added uncertainty into the market. This caused the markets to react as expected, anticipated lower future supplies makes traders drive up the price. Then there's the Russian oil bans. He could have slapped a tariff on Russian oil or do a graduated reduction which would have still raised prices, but would have tempered that increase instead of the knee jerk reaction we got from the markets.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Costco is $3.45 for regular, $3.75 for Premium.

Costco up the road in Tulsa is $3.65 Premium, and diesel is $4.25

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2...r-gas-prices-n459928

Americans buying gas in Mexico

The cost in Tijuana is less than half of what’s being charged in San Diego, so it was worth the trip for many motorists. But that’s all coming to an end now. The Mexican government announced this weekend that they are ending the government subsidies that have been in place for months, at least in the border region

Mexico, which has been subsidizing gasoline to soften price spikes, said on Saturday the policy would not apply in the U.S. border region this week, citing shortages as more Americans drive south to fill their tanks.

The suspension of the subsidy from April 2-8 covers cities in the border states of Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Chihuahua, Sonora and Baja California, including Tijuana, one of the world’s busiest border crossings.

Mexico’s finance ministry said in a statement there was a gasoline shortage in the area “from an imbalance between supply and demand.”

There were so many Americans crossing into Tijuana to fill up their tanks that the gas stations there were running out of fuel. Residents were complaining about the waiting lines at the gas stations so the administration of President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador decided that something had to be done.

The oil companies in Mexico are controlled by the state, and they had been seeing some hefty profits as the cost of oil surged to more than 100 dollars per barrel. Petróleos Mexicanos (Pemex) is one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, so its cash flow is considerable. When the sale price of oil jumped upward massively, AMLO declared that part of those increased profits would be pumped back into the system in the form of subsidies to keep the prices for consumers low.

What he apparently didn’t anticipate was a flood of Americans surging into his country and draining the gas stations dry. Fortunately for Mexican drivers, the lifting of the subsidies will only happen in a thin band along the border.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Imagine that, Mexican government doing what's best for Mexicans but if America did that, it would be considered racist. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently $4.18 here in the Yoop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Just paid $4.19 for regular at Costco, tonight.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I was brilliant a year ago when I bought a new ‘21 Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0L duramax diesel … not so much now Frown.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
WTF is going on? Mad

Gas prices had been steadily decreasing around here and were around the four dollar mark, today I go to stop to get some gas and it’s $4.29 a gallon again for regular?

WTF justifies raising the price $.29 in one night when they lower it a penny at a time over weeks and weeks, pisses me off to no end.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Oil prices are back above the $100 / barrel mark.

FJB

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
WTF is going on? Mad

Gas prices had been steadily decreasing around here and were around the four dollar mark, today I go to stop to get some gas and it’s $4.29 a gallon again for regular?

WTF justifies raising the price $.29 in one night when they lower it a penny at a time over weeks and weeks, pisses me off to no end.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
$4.39 for unleaded premium here yesterday. Thank heavens for Kroger fuel points. Got $1.00 per gallon off.

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The last of that Russian crude that was still coming in is about to dry up. So better drink up, boys and girls.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$3.79 a gallon in my hometown down NC way on Friday. Yesterday it was $3.89. Unchanged at my usual fuel stop near Richmond over the weekend, $3.99 a gallon.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
We're holding pretty steady at $3.79 at top tier stations, and $3.45 at Sams. Down from $4+ a month or so ago.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Jumped up from $3.84 to $3.95 yesterday. What's the excuse this time?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post