SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
$4.80 here in the Yoop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
$4.20 in Alpena, but $4.75 in Rogers City.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
$3.76 at Sam's club in Pensacola Friday

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
$3.63 at Murphy.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Saguaro Kid
posted Hide Post
4.09 At Murphy here.

Posts: 37 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Gas Buddy's 9 month US average retail vs Houston vs Atlanta vs crude oil

NYMEX futures is showing September RBOB $0.1428 cheaper than today.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We're in Pensacola this week.
Prices, on average, seem to be about 10-30 cents higher than Houston.

We filled up the suburban at Costco in N Houston on Saturday & got 93 for 4.259
On the road trip Houston>Pensacola we've averaged around 4.30-4.35 for 89

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Creeping downward, now as "low" as $3.91.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Saw $3.76 and $3.79 at different locations for 87 regular w/ethenol under the same brand name this afternoon near my area........... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
At some stations, gas dropped as much as $1.10 in the past two weeks. But California is also in a "gas tax holiday," which dropped the price by $.23.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
My Mobil down the road I paid $6.15 four days ago. Today it went back up to $6.29.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
3.29 where I get it at Sam's

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Costco was $3.65 this morning. Just let’s you know how screwed up things are when gas under $4.00 excites you.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
But California is also in a "gas tax holiday," which dropped the price by $.23.

How is this possible? The other $2 or $3 are not taxes? Maybe environmental fees, Sea Otter research fund etc.

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:

How is this possible? The other $2 or $3 are not taxes? Maybe environmental fees, Sea Otter research fund etc.

You know how you go on vacation, and when you get back, all of your work has just been piled up on your desk, waiting for your return? You then spend the next month doing your regular work, plus staying late or working weekends, trying to get caught up. After a month of this, you question the value of taking a vacation, for it has seemingly caused you more work and stress than it was worth.

That describes your gas tax “holiday.” Don’t think for a second that the state has curtailed spending to offset the lost revenue. They will return in force, calling for a tax increase to cover the depleted highway fund. That tax increase will persist, and collect more revenue, than what was lost due to the tax holiday. It’s like the state walks by, sees you on your knees, and helps you stand while reaching for your wallet. Magnanimity is not in a taxing authority’s character.

I’ll say it like R. Lee Ermy describes foot locker donuts. Enjoy your tax holiday. You earned it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:

California gasoline taxes and fees:

$.54 state excise tax
$.10 sales tax - varies by city
$.22 low carbon gas programs fee
$.15 greenhouse gas programs fee
$.02 underground storage tank fee

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
My Mobil down the road I paid $6.15 four days ago. Today it went back up to $6.29.

At Costco yesterday, Regular was $5.45 and Premium was $5.79

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
6:30 AM - Costco - N. Scottsdale - $4.499 (reg.)

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RUG down the street from me in Tucson has decreased by close to 30 cents just in time for the Primary elections in early August.

Now is $4.45 a gallon.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Falling gas prices have finally dropped below $3.00 per gallon.

$2.97 how about that?

$2.97 in Mustang OK Mustang is in the metro OKC area.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post