SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m sure due in large part part to the ever skyrocketing price of gas and diesel:

"Regret And Anxiety": Dems Quietly Panicking, Don't Want Biden To Face Trump In 2024

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
OKC Costco now is $4.39 & $4.75

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Filled up this morning at Costco. Reg $5.36.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Diesel was holding at $5.39 for several months. Jumped to $5.69 yesterday.

Posts: 20087 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in Asheville NC working on a job
Friday night gas was 4.69
When I headed to the site, Saturday morning some of the stations had changed it to 4.79.

Hmm...
What a crock of crap.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Holding at 4.499 for 87.
>$60 for a full tank in both cars Roll Eyes

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I don’t suspect this is price gouging on behalf of the oil companies. It looks like among other problems, our refining capacity is down. Scheduled refinery mothballing. Given the mindset of the Biden administration, I can understand oil companies being bearish on huge investments that won’t pay off for decades. Especially considering oil was basically negative not that long ago.

These prices seem reasonable, I think they’re the only thing keeping the public in check and preventing gas stations from going dry.

If things continue, I can see the idiots in charge turn to rationing because it’s not fair how expensive gas is.

Edit to add. Shutting down the country gave us two years of unprecedented demand. Maybe it will take $7.00 nationally to make people change habits. Diesel on the other hand? Who knows.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Do you think that dipstick in the white house shutting down that pipeline has anything to do with it?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I don’t suspect this is price gouging on behalf of the oil companies. It looks like among other problems, our refining capacity is down. Scheduled refinery mothballing. Given the mindset of the Biden administration, I can understand oil companies being bearish on huge investments that won’t pay off for decades. Especially considering oil was basically negative not that long ago.

These prices seem reasonable, I think they’re the only thing keeping the public in check and preventing gas stations from going dry.

If things continue, I can see the idiots in charge turn to rationing because it’s not fair how expensive gas is.

Edit to add. Shutting down the country gave us two years of unprecedented demand. Maybe it will take $7.00 nationally to make people change habits. Diesel on the other hand? Who knows.

That won't stop Biden from blaming everyone and everything but himself Roll Eyes

Can you believe this asshole is STILL trying to blame Putin for all this?

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
My two "go to" stations are Costco and Woodmans. But, the Costco is currently $5.76 and Woodman's is $5.69.

I'm about 30 mins from the Wisconsin border and right now it's worth it to me to drive up there for gas because gas taxes in Illinois are significantly higher and it really makes a difference with these prices.

I went up into Wisconsin yesterday and filled up for $4.68.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High gas prices are bad enough, but what would be worse is if we could NOT purchase gas at any price!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
gas taxes in Illinois are significantly higher and it really makes a difference with these prices.

I live not too far from the I-255 (Jefferson Barracks) bridge over the Mississippi.
The gas stations around here always have a lot of people from Illinois filling up.
Currently, it's $4.84 here but I saw it as low as $4.44 coming back from a float trip on Saturday.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
$4.99 seems to be the Rubicon all the Wawas around here seem unwilling to cross. I’ve seen $5.09 and $5.19 at other local stations though.

So far there doesn’t seem to be much demand destruction but I think it’s coming if prices keep going, I’m certain at $7-$8 a gallon people are going to be cutting WAY back.

I’m talking with a co-worker about carpooling if it gets that bad, he lives a few miles north of me.

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
$5.69 today in Park City, UT. Mad

LGB FJB

Posts: 9437 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
$5.19 today. $69 for half a tank. When I got my truck, I remember the first time I filled it and quailing a bit at the $80 or so it cost. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

LGB FJB

What the hell? Where did you gas up? The highest I've seen here is $5.09.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

LGB FJB

What the hell? Where did you gas up? The highest I've seen here is $5.09.

Premium in Old Town. I forgot to gas up in Kimball Junction which is typically about 5-10 cents cheaper. Regular was probably $5.19 or $5.29.

Posts: 9437 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
And yet 1/2 of the country would vote the same way if the election were tomorrow. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gas Prices Reach Record High for 18th Consecutive Day

https://www.breitbart.com/econ...8th-consecutive-day/

Gas prices on Wednesday reached a record high for the eighteenth consecutive day.

The national average price of gas reached $5.039, according to GasBuddy. On Tuesday, gas prices were around $5.02 per gallon.

Wednesday represents the sixth consecutive day gas prices have averaged above $5 per gallon. Gas prices hit the $5 mark on June 9.

A JPMorgan commodities analyst predicted gas prices may increase to more than $6.00 per gallon before Labor Day.

The price for gas has increased during Biden’s war on American energy. Biden has driven up private and public financing costs of oil drilling, halted drilling on public lands, and canceled the Keystone pipeline.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Kinda high...for 1972 Eek

CA diesel sold for .69/gal instead of 6.99
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a.../story%3fid=85392281

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post