SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Zealand’s new weapons ban/ Fox News
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Zealand’s new weapons ban/ Fox News Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
If the leftists try that tactic here they will find out the hard way just how unique and different the circumstances of the founding of our nation make us from these countries that still pay lip service to the concept of any power emanating from a King or Queen.

You're confusing an absolute monarchy (which is all but extinct) with what NZ operates as, which is a parliamentary democracy that is without a constitution.
The parliamentary system allows for the majority to rule, and without a constitution, the checks with which the govt powers can be reigned-in, is at the mercy of the people and its representatives in the opposition.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Sig2340:
1 always heed paras advice.
What does para mean by long magazine tube??
A kings loading gate?
Follow in the src and 7 shot revolver..
Follow on the bolt action 308 or 30-06,what caliber in that revolver??
thanks for advice para

In keeping with Para's "buy now" admonition, I submit that everyone consider some additions to the gun collection:

- A long magazine tube, King's loading gate, lever action rifle with a revolver in the same chambering.

- A telescopically sighted, bolt action rifle in a chambering greater than .24 caliber and a revolver.

Never hurts to add guns to the collection.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
If the leftists try that tactic here they will find out the hard way just how unique and different the circumstances of the founding of our nation make us from these countries that still pay lip service to the concept of any power emanating from a King or Queen.

You're confusing an absolute monarchy (which is all but extinct) with what NZ operates as, which is a parliamentary democracy that is without a constitution.
The parliamentary system allows for the majority to rule, and without a constitution, the checks with which the govt powers can be reigned-in, is at the mercy of the people and its representatives in the opposition.

I know how their gov't works, and that's not my point. The point is that these countries weren't founded by a revolution and they don't have constitutions with anything resembling a 2nd Amendment, which was included in ours for that very reason. Gun ownership in NZ is a "privilege," for crissake.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes, NZ has pretty much nothing in common with the USA.

5M people on an island, still beholden to a Queen in England.

10,000 people in the armed forces, total. No combat air force to speak of, 2 destroyer Navy, and 100 armored vehicles. Not tanks, just armored vehicles. A single US Carrier Battle Group and attached MEU has more combat power than the entire country and could subjugate it with little difficulty.

Beautiful country that has had the luxury of never really having to worry about invaders.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I mean check out this title from the NZ Herald

Destroy it now - accused gunman's manifesto banned by Chief Censor

"A manifesto believed to have been written by the alleged Christchurch gunman has been officially classified as objectional and banned, the Office of Film & Literature Classification has confirmed.

Chief censor David Shanks confirmed the move on Saturday, urging anyone who had copies of it to destroy them.

It is now an offence, with Shanks describing the document as "a crude booklet that promotes murder and terrorism"."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/...=1&objectid=12215523

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
1 always heed paras advice.
What does para mean by long magazine tube??
A kings loading gate?
Follow in the src and 7 shot revolver..
Follow on the bolt action 308 or 30-06,what caliber in that revolver??
thanks for advice para

In keeping with Para's "buy now" admonition, I submit that everyone consider some additions to the gun collection:

- A long magazine tube, King's loading gate, lever action rifle with a revolver in the same chambering.

- A telescopically sighted, bolt action rifle in a chambering greater than .24 caliber and a revolver.

Never hurts to add guns to the collection.

I took Para's advice too... Just ordered a dozen OKAY Surfeed magazines. I'm halfway tempted to order either a 6920 14.5" HBPW, or go hole hog and get the New Zealand issue LMT rifle:

https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/nz-mars-l

But it's crazy expensive @ $2699 and has a crazy sideways mounted bayonet lug.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gun ownership in NZ is a "privilege," for crissake.

As in Australia, gun ownership in NZ is a privilege, not a right. The laws and regulations that govern ownership make it so.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
quote:
Gun ownership in NZ is a "privilege," for crissake.

As in Australia, gun ownership in NZ is a privilege, not a right. The laws and regulations that govern ownership make it so.
Which reflects just how brilliant our founders approach was to the issue. Recognize rights in the constitution as being inalienable and god given and not subject to government infringement (supposedly). They knew when government grants rights, they can also take them away. Those old guys in white wigs were rather sharp to put it mildly.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yes, NZ has pretty much nothing in common with the USA.

5M people on an island, still beholden to a Queen in England.

10,000 people in the armed forces, total. No combat air force to speak of, 2 destroyer Navy, and 100 armored vehicles. Not tanks, just armored vehicles. A single US Carrier Battle Group and attached MEU has more combat power than the entire country and could subjugate it with little difficulty.

Beautiful country that has had the luxury of never really having to worry about invaders.

I think the membership of this forum could wield more combat power....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
RHINO, the idiots in the NZ government don’t want their citizens to read it because if they did they would realize their government is doing what he wanted them to do. Ironically, it was probably censorship that radicalized the gunman to a certain degree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Ha! New Zealanders are not turning in their guns after their government banned almost of them.

I have seen some articles that say the government thinks firearm owners are waiting to find out how much money the goverment will give them for them.

That's quite an excuse.

https://www.libertynation.com/...t-say-no-to-gun-ban/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Imagine that, refusing to be punished for the actions of another.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I mean check out this title from the NZ Herald

Destroy it now - accused gunman's manifesto banned by Chief Censor

"A manifesto believed to have been written by the alleged Christchurch gunman has been officially classified as objectional and banned, the Office of Film & Literature Classification has confirmed.

Chief censor David Shanks confirmed the move on Saturday, urging anyone who had copies of it to destroy them.

It is now an offence, with Shanks describing the document as "a crude booklet that promotes murder and terrorism"."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/...=1&objectid=12215523

this fills me with a powerful rage.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Ha! New Zealanders are not turning in their guns after their government banned almost of them.

I have seen some articles that say the government thinks firearm owners are waiting to find out how much money the goverment will give them for them.

That's quite an excuse.

https://www.libertynation.com/...t-say-no-to-gun-ban/

Now imagine the lefts apoplexy in the US where the right to bear arms is guaranteed by our constitution if a similar mandate was made.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15588 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
No logic, just PC.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It occured to me this is a little like the movie Seven. Evil guy does an evil act to elicit a desired reaction knowing the proclivities of his target......and the target reacts as predicted.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Pretty much, yeah. He knew what the reactions would be, it’s all there in his manifesto that they absolutely don’t want anyone reading.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post