SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Am I the jerk here? (gun sale related)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the jerk here? (gun sale related) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hildur, you truly are a buffoon. "Now I am calling you a liar". Oh brother, very dramatic. Except you already did, multiple times. I even quoted you so you could find them which I guess was lost on you.

I will leave the dramatic exhortations to you, although I am pretty convinced Richard and Q are enjoying the hell out of this. You are welcome guys.

I am done addressing you in this thread because anything else that I have to say will get me in para's doghouse and this is way too close to wrestling with a pig for my comfort.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Given that Para spoke to you in the past over your responses and you both acknowledge it and have (in my opinion) shown that you are aware when you respond, makes anyone trolling you or otherwise trying to get a rise out of you, churlish behavior, and unbecoming.

And I am pretty sarcastic by nature.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, for one, would like to bury any hatchets my behavior over the years has engendered. Anybody who wants to take me up on my offer is welcome to join me. Yea, even you Hildur (attempt at a humorous apology).

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All is harmonious

namaste

Posts: 107731 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I, for one, would like to bury any hatchets my behavior over the years has engendered. Anybody who wants to take me up on my offer is welcome to join me. Yea, even you Hildur (attempt at a humorous apology).

Shit, I'll step up to the plate on this one. I'm pretty sure I apologized to you in that thread where you spouted "fuck you" at me a bunch of times and never heard anything back. Are we good?

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ You apologized to him? Was that before or after he said "fuck you" at you? Razz

Q

Posts: 26489 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're worse than a woman. Lying, gaslighting, reading WAYYYY to much into things that hurt your little feelings to the point you make shit up to try and justify the boo boos to your ego. You lack responsibility and accountability and when the ratio of members turn against you, you offer this disingenuous, laughable "offer" that is on par with a two year old after throwing a temper tantrum.

If you were serious about burying the hatchet you would make the first move and actually apologize (while being specific) to those you intend to bury it with. The fact that a grown ass man pulled such a bitch move ("Ok let's apologize but you first!") says more about your character than I ever could.

Lastly, I should charge you for all the real estate I own in your head. For someone who desperately tries to tell me he doesn't care about what I say, you mention me specifically by name an awful lot. What's your address? I got the perfect Taylor Swift album for you to help you get over your self induced toxic behavior.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hildur, I don't really care what you do. You are an anonymous guy on a forum I enjoy. That is the beginning and that is the end of our connection. I think you post moronically for the most part but I can ignore you usually. Move on, don't move on, that is your choice, pretty sure I know what that will be. I doubt either of us will lose sleep over losing a potential bestie.

Guys, I just wanted to try to shake hands and move on. If any of you want a specific apology, well, that is nice but you aren't getting one. If I told you to fuck off or I wanted to tell you to fuck off you probably deserved it. I still want to tell some people to fuck off. I should have been self controlled enough to not say it but I can live with that flaw in my makeup.

So let me restate this. I was trying to be nice. I apologize when I fuck up. I misread Georgeair's comment wildly incorrectly a week ago, I removed my post and apologized and meant it. Smudge, you are absolutely as big of an ass on this forum as I am so no I don't really direct any apology to you. But yes, we can be good. You can be a dick, I can be a dick, match made in heaven(ish). Earlier in this thread smultz clearly didn't even read my post and commented nonsensically and incorrectly then claimed he edited his comments even though the incorrect posts are still there to this day. I blasted his nonsense until he went away. I ain't changing that much.

I probably shouldn't have said I "apologize". What I really meant, thinking it was unsaid but fairly clear, is I can shake hands and move on. That's it. No tearful, heartfelt moment, no Disney cartoon epiphany, nope, just shake hands and move on from here. If you come on a thread and are being a dick I will restrain myself, to a point, that is it.

So para, I guess your namaste was perhaps a bit premature. Which might be the only time "mature" was ever seen in this whole thread.

posted Hide Post

Who knew you and Tay Swiftie had so much in common.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we have moved to the public insults portion of the evening I will pass my time back to you. Enjoy.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^ You apologized to him? Was that before or after he said "fuck you" at you? Razz

It was after. I took a swipe at the guy and he reacted in a way that made me genuinely concerned about his blood pressure.

quote:
Guys, I just wanted to try to shake hands and move on. If any of you want a specific apology, well, that is nice but you aren't getting one. If I told you to fuck off or I wanted to tell you to fuck off you probably deserved it.

I don't know that I agree with that. Two words prompted that angry response from you: "Pedro thread." Look what you have four pages of here, man.

quote:
Smudge, you are absolutely as big of an ass on this forum as I am so no I don't really direct any apology to you. But yes, we can be good. You can be a dick, I can be a dick, match made in heaven(ish).

I know I don't have a good reputation on this forum, but at least I know the goodly bulk of that was formed while being blackout, fall-down drunk. That is in no way excusing it, it's simple ownership. That hasn't been me in over four years now, but if people still want to see me that way, I guess it just is what it is. It's really none of my business what other people think of me, I can only try to do the next right thing and when I know I've harmed someone, try to make it right with them. You're the only person I can recall my intentionally jabbing at in recent years and I felt bad about it. That's not Disney, that's just being an adult about it.

quote:
I probably shouldn't have said I "apologize". What I really meant, thinking it was unsaid but fairly clear, is I can shake hands and move on. That's it. No tearful, heartfelt moment, no Disney cartoon epiphany, nope, just shake hands and move on from here. If you come on a thread and are being a dick I will restrain myself, to a point, that is it.

If you have no regrets, then don't apologize. I can handle digs at me and I can handle people getting mad and effectively shouting "fuck you" at me. It's whatever. There's no hard feelings here, but I have to say, it does seem a bit ingenuous for you to offer what amounts to making amends with anyone you got sideways with and then say "yeah... not really, though."

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fuck dude. I said that. What part of “I probably shouldn’t have said I apologize” do you not understand? You say you were a dick because you were drunk. Ok. When I am a dick it’s just because I have a fucking low tolerance for dumb and I can be a dick. No excuses on my part.

Telling me I shouldn’t apologize if I don’t mean it after telling you I shouldn’t have said I apologize seems fucking redundant. That means superfluous, not needed. You can add that to the list of grievances.

Like I said, I’m not apologizing. I said that to be nice and move on. You guys are way too invested in this. Accept my handshake or don’t accept my handshake, I have invested all the give a shit I can muster into this thread.

I asked a question about a gun sale and it degenerated for 2 reasons. The first guy didn’t even read my post yet had a bunch to say about it and when called out his pride took over. The second reason is this other guy just dislikes me so he calls me a liar a couple times to get my goat. I ignored him and he kept poking till he got a response. Then he jumps up and down yelling, gaslighting, drama queen, I didn’t say that, Taylor Swift (?), etc when he got a reaction out of me after being a douche a bunch of times without effect.

Once again, bury the hatchet or not. You want an apology, I’m not your huckleberry. Either way, unless the post is about the sale of this gun, shipmygun, a funny meme, or Richard egging us on, I'm done responding.

posted Hide Post

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a fucking low tolerance for dumb and I can be a dick.

Ok.

quote:
Like I said, I’m not apologizing. I said that to be nice and move on. You guys are way too invested in this. Accept my handshake or don’t accept my handshake,

Twice now, I've offered my hand. The first time, you had apparently already ragequit the forum for a couple months over me pointing out this behavior of yours, and this time, you spit in my hand. Won't be a third time. I'll just make the wide berth I've been allowing you my standard. Since you think everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot, this can be where you tell me how much you don't care and that I'm an idiot for trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

quote:
I have invested all the give a shit I can muster into this thread.

[...]

The first guy didn’t even read my post yet had a bunch to say about it and when called out his pride took over.

I've never once seen your ego allow you to walk away from an argument, real or perceived. I would be shocked if this is where you choose to button your lips. You said everyone on this forum was a pussy for not wanting to debate you on braces and now when the issue is your attitude, suddenly you're going to walk away. If you do, it's only because your ego can't handle the criticism. Is the issue really that everyone else can't read? Or is it that we've interacted with you enough to have formed an opinion and some conditions in your post that were easy to skim over don't absolutely absolve and erase years of... debating with you?

quote:
Once again, bury the hatchet or not. You want an apology, I’m not your huckleberry.

I think it was worth pursuing for a bit to see where we actually stand with each other. If you had any intention of burying said hatchet, then you didn't put a thought into how people actually go about doing that. Anyway, thanks for setting things so even an idiot like me could understand it.

posted Hide Post
Very entertaining thread!

Phu Bai, Vietnam, 68-69
Baghdad, Iraq, 04-05

Posts: 16 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle0199:
Very entertaining thread!

Yup Smile

Three Ring Circus

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ And here I thought the Three Ring Circus was just a myth all these years.

Q

Posts: 26489 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For my part, I'm not trying to make a spectacle of Pedro. I would've walked on by without commenting, but he offered the olive branch and then smacked me in the face with it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
For my part, I'm not trying to make a spectacle of Pedro. I would've walked on by without commenting, but he offered the olive branch and then smacked me in the face with it.

No one was trying to make a spectacle of OP. He did that all on his own. He started this thread ***because he knew deep down inside he was wrong*** and came here for validation. Then when he got it, he's butthurt. Boo. Fucking. Hoo. Try keeping your word OP instead of acting like a pompous piece of shit.

I've lost count on how many times he called me a liar before I actually did (and appropriately so). It's unbelievable that a grown ass man doesn't understand the difference between BREAKING HIS WORD and LYING. When he told the prospective buyer he was going to send the pictures and didn't HE BROKE HIS WORD. By accusing me of calling him a liar WHEN I DIDN'T that literally made him a LIAR because the textbook definition of a LIAR is someone WHO INTENTIONALLY MAKES A FALSE STATEMENT. My posts aren't edited. Anyone who can go back pre-OP accusations and quote me calling him a liar, please do. I won't hold my breath.

What we're experiencing here is a truly beautiful phenomenon. It's a case of last place, first place where the OP is so far behind everyone else he thinks he's in first place leading the way. Just keeping it at 1000% delusional. It's quite impressive actually. Zero awareness of what an ass he's making of himself and everyone here can see it but him which is what makes it HILARIOUS.

Now he's stormed off thinking he's taking the high road. I've always said: "show me three of your closest friends and I'll tell you exactly who you are." I bet OP doesn't have three friends so I'll explain why in reverse: no one wants to be friends with a fucking narcissist who is incapable of accepting responsibility and exhibiting sympathy/empathy. Not ironically that is exactly what started the OP: his inability to put himself in the prospective buyer's position and instead of trying to see things from his perspective, he made excuses as to why he could act like a total asshole towards a complete stranger who was simply trying to do a deal with him. The crazy thing is that we only heard OP's side of the story. If the prospective buyer was aware of this thread and shared his perspective.... ooooo I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
.. but he offered the olive branch and then smacked me in the face with it.

So, you're saying he flipped you the bird of peace?

I love this thread.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post