SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Euron's not on her list.

Cersei is.

With the face of Euron she gains access to Cersei. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Euron's not on her list.

Cersei is.

With the face of Euron she gains access to Cersei. Wink

True, but also true of many servants, or Qyburn. I've wondered if she'll kill at least one innocent to gain a trusted face in order to get into the same room a Cersei or someone in her inner circle.

Even though I'm skeptical Arya will get the kill of Cersei, since she already got the NK, it would certainly make for good entertainment; she'd relish it, and make it as unpleasant as possible for Cersei, unlike Jon or Jamie, who'd be more merciful at it.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Screw all this Cersei dies talk.
I'd be happy to see everyone else of consequence die, and see Cersei on the throne at the end. If anyone deserves it, it's her.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Maybe Arya is going to kill Daenerys? Couldn't do it in the north. Would raise too many questions, but doing it in the south with even an anonymous face would make Cersei look like the likely culprit.

Posts: 11165 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Screw all this Cersei dies talk.
I'd be happy to see everyone else of consequence die, and see Cersei on the throne at the end. If anyone deserves it, it's her.

In regards to ‘playing the Game of Thrones’, I agree.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
If its bittersweet as GRRM says my random ass guess is jamine kills cersei, jon kills dani. Thatd be "bittersweet".

That official preview looked interesting. Euron had a bit of fear on his face.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I think Bronn will be sitting on the iron throne at the end.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think Jamie intends to kill Cersei, but I don't know that he will succeed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I think Jamie intends to kill Cersei, but I don't know that he will succeed.

That seems to be the pattern of character arcs. Jamie loves his sister so much, he was willing to leave another love in order to kill her however, he's flawed both physically and in character, thus he'll fail.

Jon seems to be of the same fate and will likely have to kill Dany. Not sure what would push him, perhaps his moral compass will overwhelm his need to be compliant with his heart as Dany kills innocents.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:

They do owe him a castle...

I think we will see an armored dragon this week. Rumors that she has more dragons, that would be stupid at this point.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Regarding Bronn taking the throne, I don't see how that's possible. I mean, he could kill Cersei, Dany, Jon, etc., but he has absolutely no following nor claim to the throne, that I know of. Who would support him?
------

It remains to be seen if the god or gods are still pulling strings, or if as Davos indicated in episode 4, now that the Night King is dead, they'll leave men to handle their matters on their own.

It's clear that at least Dany, Jon, Arya and maybe The Hound, are where they are because of "divine" intervention, and have mostly lately been on the side of the "good guys." So, even though Martin likes to make things seem to go as unplanned by the people, I tend to think they'll go however the god(s) planned. Granted, there could be more than one deity, competitors of sorts who set aside their differences to unite forces to fight the army of the dead, but are now back in competition for influence over the matters of mankind.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Me personally would just want to see Ghost get a pat on the head and a cookie for getting his face tore up and ear removed.

Ghost was probably mostly useless in the fight against the dead army. Unless they retipped his teeth with obsidian or Valyrian steel, he wasn't killing any of the dead. They'd have been better off putting him in the crypts to keep him safe.

You make a good point. It seems likely that Jon is the Michael Vick of the 7 kingdoms.

Here dog, go out and fight a bunch of dead folks you have no hope of stopping or killing. Good luck.

Then Ghost somehow makes it back minus an ear and half his fur. Oh, you made it. Well, I'm headed south so piss off.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:

They do owe him a castle...

I think we will see an armored dragon this week. Rumors that she has more dragons, that would be stupid at this point.

I had seen a comment on additional/baby dragons. Not enough time left in the series for them to grow enough to make a difference, if they do/did exist.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Regarding Bronn taking the throne, I don't see how that's possible. I mean, he could kill Cersei, Dany, Jon, etc., but he has absolutely no following nor claim to the throne, that I know of. Who would support him?
------

It remains to be seen if the god or gods are still pulling strings, or if as Davos indicated in episode 4, now that the Night King is dead, they'll leave men to handle their matters on their own.

It's clear that at least Dany, Jon, Arya and maybe The Hound, are where they are because of "divine" intervention, and have mostly lately been on the side of the "good guys." So, even though Martin likes to make things seem to go as unplanned by the people, I tend to think they'll go however the god(s) planned. Granted, there could be more than one deity, competitors of sorts who set aside their differences to unite forces to fight the army of the dead, but are now back in competition for influence over the matters of mankind.

I think the Hound had at least some divine intervention.

While back, when he was traveling with the Brotherhood they had him look into the fire and the lord of light evidently showed him a vision of where they were headed out past the wall.

If I remember correctly.

Plus Al Swearengen finding and fixing him after his fight and fall off the cliff. No one should have survived that.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I have often thought the overall arc of the show would leave nobody on any throne... kind of figured they would figure out a way for it to be the end of the oligarchy. They've done a good job of being very apolitical because of the source material, but now that it's all HBO writers, I don't know if it will last all the way to the end. Then again, a Dany's rhetoric and slave-freeing, master-killing is kinda political...

As far as what would make Jon kill Dany, I thought it might come by way of her torching Samwell if there comes a time where he must "bend the knee." He was obviously pretty shaken up at her torching his Dad and brother, despite his poor relationship with them. I think he and Sansa are the most skeptical of Dany, in general, and Sam will end up opposing her in some big way.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I have often thought the overall arc of the show would leave nobody on any throne... kind of figured they would figure out a way for it to be the end of the oligarchy.

I don't see an end to the oligarchy as a whole being anything close to a realistic possibility, but as I outlined a few pages ago, I could see it being the end to the unified Seven Kingdoms, with them splintering back to their separate kingdoms with separate kings/queens, like it was before the Targaryen Conquest unified Westeros under the Iron Throne.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Before Bran was saying "jon needs to know who he is" and telling Sam. "Go now, you have to tell him right now" then with the sisters he says "your choice" like it doesn't matter anymore.

And he can see everything past and now... How about a heads up on Euron planning an ambush?

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Before Bran was saying "jon needs to know who he is" and telling Sam. "Go now, you have to tell him right now" then with the sisters he says "your choice" like it doesn't matter anymore.

You're missing the point. The importance of the knowledge hasn't changed at all.

Sam needed to tell Jon, so Jon would know the truth, but it was Jon's Truth as to who to share it with

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Information and knowledge are useless without some action or use of them. If it doesn't matter what Jon does with that info, then it doesn't matter if he knows.

Bran was insistent that he had to made aware immediately, I get part of that was because they could all be dead in a few hours, but even at that point they didn't know all they had was a few hours. They thought they still had days. Again if it doesn't matter what he does with it, he could have just told Sam, hey when you get a chance let him know who he is. Why fill his head with that crap on the eve of a huge world changing battle if it doesn't matter? If he dies, it didn't matter, if he lives, tell him then.

Bran is a library, which is a pretty useless building if you don't actually use it. To allow your team to get ambushed when you know everything that has ever happened and is happening now is pretty weak. He doesn't really know what "needs" to happen, because he cant see the future, at least not that we know of. He just knows what is and has happened.

Just seems like a big let down of a character, all this build up of him being a super worg, etc, and he really doesn't do anything. He has knowledge, yes, but doesn't use it.

Its just weak storytelling at this point.