SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Edd wasn't alone when he bumped into Tormund at Last Hearth, there were at least 3 others. Plus he said "they have horses" and could "double up".

I took "we are the last 3" of Edd, Sam, Jon as the last of the group that they name while talking, not the last 3 (current / former) members of the watch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Why didnt Danny circle behind the ships and burn them all after they killed the Dragon.

I know it is fiction, but nearly every moment of this show is so calculated, I am having a difficult time getting past this.

Or come in from the top.

This ruined Epi 4 for me. I can accept Rhaegal getting hit by one lucky shot, but three? Do these bolts suddenly have heat-seeking technology/magic in them?

Dany was flying hundreds of feet above her ships, which means she should have seen Euron's fleet hours before they'd be able to sail within engagement distance. Isn't that the point of aerial reconnaissance?

Look at the design of the Scorpion giant crossbow.

It obviously has very limited up-down angle adjustment. If Dany and her dragon(s) chose to attack Euron's ships from the rear, maybe they could rotate their crossbows 180 deg, but then their sails and other parts of their ships would block their view. If they happened to have stern-mounted Scorpions as well, then Dany could attack from above. Those things can't point up.

You would think that after Bronn shot and disabled Dany's dragon w/ a scorpion after charging him head-on, she would know better, but no, that is exactly what she does again vs Euron's fleet mounted w/ bigger Scorpion bows.

When Dany confronts Cercei at the gate to Kings Landing, their defense looks very intimidating w/ over a dozen Scorpions mounted along the parapets. When I was watching, I noticed their Scorpions all hung over the front, which Hello?!, again means they can't rotate behind nor point up.

Couldn't Dany also do a strafing run at night? I bet she and the dragon could take out an entire wall of scorpions before anyone knew what happened. Same with Euron's fleet of ships that have to be docked somewhere. Not like they have spotlights or radar...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I inadvertently read some of the spoilers for the next episodes...and if they prove true I'm going to need some things to break. I hope they are wrong

Need the Adam Sandler "You blew it" GIF

Edit:

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I inadvertently read some of the spoilers for the next episodes...and if they prove true I'm going to need some things to break. I hope they are wrong

Need the Adam Sandler "You blew it" GIF

Edit:

Same here Frown I only hope they are not legit

I cannot remember but a handful of series over the years that I have so much time invested in that I was truly happy with how it ended - and I think for most all that is the likely case. No series ends exactly the way you want it. Some, like the Lost series left nearly everyone universally unhappy with how it ended if my perception of it was anywhere close to the truth.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not going to go searching for it, but hope the above two are wrong...

Dexter was another good example of a series that was running well & turned into a trainwreck at the end.

Breaking Bad ended well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not going to look for spoilers and I'll watch it to the end.

Breaking Bad is definitely the "Gold Standard" for how a show can stay and end consistently great.

SOA / Lost / Dexter are examples of early glimpses of greatness, then varying degrees of derailment from about halfway on. I laughed my way through the last 2-3 season of Dexter about how shitty it had become but still put watched it to the bitter end.

GOT has been a solid show, with some slow seasons but still it has been very very good overall. I hope they can tie it all together decently at the end and personally when I watch the episodes a second time, some of the 'bad' episodes don't seem bad.

The biggest thing is they didn't leave themselves that extra episode or three to allow the final season(s) to flesh out a bit more with the slow development of threads that it has been known for.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Breaking Bad got better as it went, and ended strong.

This season of GOT just seems rushed. They should have made it a normal 10 episode season. Where before the drama and intrigue and soap opera-ness was done well and interesting, it all just seems forced and weak this season. I think they messed up bad doing the NK battle first. You spent 10 years building him up as the ultimate problem, then take him out in one episode, and just Oh well, on to Cersie now.

The battle with the undead should have been two episodes, and it should be the end. The battle for kings landing has nowhere to go but be anti-climactic after 10 years of NK build up.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went diving for spoilers. There are a lot of interesting ones out there, none of which I'd dare bring into this fun conversation.

One thing is for sure though. The people that make this show have a large disinformation campaign going on and it's driving folks into a fit. From what I've heard, multiple scenes and endings were shot to throw off the leakers. And probably no one will be completely happy no matter how this thing ends.

Me personally would just want to see Ghost get a pat on the head and a cookie for getting his face tore up and ear removed.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fuck that. I wanna see Tyrion ride Ghost into the final battle. He's already got the plans for the saddle. They just need to be scaled down slightly.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
And probably no one will be completely happy no matter how this thing ends.

That's 100% guaranteed.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, not going to look for spoilers and I'll watch it to the end.

Breaking Bad is definitely the "Gold Standard" for how a show can stay and end consistently great.

SOA / Lost / Dexter are examples of early glimpses of greatness, then varying degrees of derailment from about halfway on. I laughed my way through the last 2-3 season of Dexter about how shitty it had become but still put watched it to the bitter end.

GOT has been a solid show, with some slow seasons but still it has been very very good overall. I hope they can tie it all together decently at the end and personally when I watch the episodes a second time, some of the 'bad' episodes don't seem bad.

The biggest thing is they didn't leave themselves that extra episode or three to allow the final season(s) to flesh out a bit more with the slow development of threads that it has been known for.

I agree. Needed at least 10 episodes to wrap this all up in any convincing way. Probably two 8 episode seasons really.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Fuck that. I wanna see Tyrion ride Ghost into the final battle. He's already got the plans for the saddle. They just need to be scaled down slightly.

Big Grin With Ghost being able to come out of the attack that decimated an entire horde and their horses, Tyrion may be the only one left alive at the end of the show. Well him and Hotpie.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I agree. Needed at least 10 episodes to wrap this all up in any convincing way. Probably two 8 episode seasons really.
I think that they believed the longer final 4 episodes would alleviate it, but honestly sometimes you need the week to let things simmer a bit.

The whole Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon would be a lot more convincing leading off a week later, instead of 2 mins (on screen) after she was told, for example (of which there are many).
quote:
Hotpie.
A man's gotta know his limitations and thus far, he's been the most well off character. Just baking bread, getting fat, baking more bread... Wink

posted Hide Post
You know what would be cool to see? The Nights Watch rebuilt, but re purposed as a neutral entity.

We know that what was left of the Free Folk went back north of the wall.

And let's just say for sake of argument that the 7 Kingdoms manage to survive the current cluster.

There will probably always be tension between those that want to rule (the south) and those that refuse to be ruled (the true north). And there will always be a need for a place to send criminals and bastards (Knights Watch).

Plug the hole in the wall, man the castles, and keep the peace on both sides.

Plus you never know if there is another big bad lurking out there waiting to strike.

Bran could probably use the work. Plant him in a little shack on top of the wall and let him fly recon missions with his ravens all day.

posted Hide Post
Everyone assumes Arya is enroute to kill Cersei.

Way too obvious.

I think she kills Greyjoy and disband his fleet.

Perhaps sabotage all the Scorpions at Kings Landing? Big Grin

Hopefully HBO surprises us !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Euron's not on her list.

Cersei is.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Me personally would just want to see Ghost get a pat on the head and a cookie for getting his face tore up and ear removed.

Ghost was probably mostly useless in the fight against the dead army. Unless they retipped his teeth with obsidian or Valyrian steel, he wasn't killing any of the dead. They'd have been better off putting him in the crypts to keep him safe.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So why aren't they pumping Bran for information?

"Bran, check out Kings Landing an hour ago and tell me what the fuck they are doing!!!"

"They have dragon killing crossbows all around Kings Landing and the Iron Fleet has 20 ships outfitted with them, lying in wait at Dragonstone, which you left unoccupied"

posted Hide Post
quote:
So why aren't they pumping Bran for information?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He seems pretty useless. I was hoping he would be eliminated. Maybe next episode. Hoping for a non Hollywood ending. I think that is a possibility as HBO apparently has spinoffs in the works.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post