SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Bran isnt there to answer questions. He is there to steer events in a particular direction.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Bran isnt there to answer questions. He is there to steer events in a particular direction.

Looks like he's currently steering it into the ditch Smile

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
It appears to me that what has been happening with all the various “holes in the story” can be explained by “writers’ fatigue”.

Yes, I know the show is based on GRRM’s books, but they’ve modified the storylines in order to have continuity spread out over the length of the show.

For six and one-half seasons, they have had the largest viewed show on TV, and the writers have run out of things to put together. They know that someone who has gone this far into watching it will stick around to the very end—it’s called “sunk costs”.

So now the writers are just throwing out the spaghetti to see what sticks to the walls. They’ve made their names and millions, so it’s turning out to be a “big F-U” to the audience.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Huh.

I’ve been along for the ride from the beginning and am enjoying the story for what it is, a story.

Sorry, but just because you don’t like the direction the story is going, doe not mean that the writers are being lazy or saying “F-You” to the audience.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am still very much enjoying the show, but there are some weak story telling points happening now that weren't before.

and they spent a long time building up this whole 3 eyed Raven thing, made a point to talk about his super warg abilities in controlling Hodor, etc. And he didn't really do anything.

Did he make Theon come back? Did he make Jamie come back? Did he have anything to do with Aryas path in life? Did he make Jon work with the wildlings or have the red woman in place to resurrect him?

He hasn't really done shit. And as I said, why did Jon have to know right then for the story they were in? If he was killed who cares, and if he lived you could tell him then. There are just lots of loose and weak story lines when previously the show was very tight, everything meant something, etc.

I still love the show, I'll definitely be watching the next two. Just my personal opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more, Bran and the whole Three Eyed Raven thing have been the low point of the show for me. I remember watching the episodes way back when and found myself bored with his story line. I haven't read the books, maybe he's more powerful or useful within them, but for the show, it could have done without him, at least the way his character has been developed.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Yea, hopefully there is a big payoff on his character in the last 2 episodes.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Couldn't agree more, Bran and the whole Three Eyed Raven thing have been the low point of the show for me. I remember watching the episodes way back when and found myself bored with his story line. I haven't read the books, maybe he's more powerful or useful within them, but for the show, it could have done without him, at least the way his character has been developed.

In my opinion, Bran and the whole Three Eyed Raven thread is pretty much the worst part of the books.

If he was so all knowing and he knew who was going to survive the Battle of Winterfell, why be in such a hurry to have Sam tell Jon about his parents? All of the main characters survived the battle. Why cause the unneeded tension be Dany and Jon right before the big battle?

I still plan to watch the final two episodes, but it does feel like the writers have moved on and they're just trying to finish things quickly.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my opinion, Bran and the whole Three Eyed Raven thread is pretty much the worst part of the books.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree. We need Tommy Udo to handle Bran:

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Huh.

I’ve been along for the ride from the beginning and am enjoying the story for what it is, a story.

Sorry, but just because you don’t like the direction the story is going, doe not mean that the writers are being lazy or saying “F-You” to the audience.

I concur.

There were probably tons of “weak point” during the whole show that no one gave a shit about.

Now that it’s the last season, everyone feels the need to go over everything with a fine tooth comb, looking for errors, or stupid shit like coffee cups.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Bran’s whole destiny has been to reveal who Jon truly is. He’s fulfilled that task. Of course, he can’t participate in the war against Cersei. The Three-Eyed Raven doesn’t delve into the affairs of Westeros.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Bran can't see the future....

He can see the whole present and past, but not the future. Thus, he can alter the past the change his present (e.g. warging Hodor), but he doesn't know the future.

And, so far as we know, he's not omniscient. He can see anything, but needs to know where to look. If he's not looking, it remains unknown (e.g. he didn't know about Jon's parentage until Sam turned his gaze to those two particular moments in the past, the marriage of R&L and the Tower of Joy).

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Bran’s whole destiny has been to reveal who Jon truly is. He’s fulfilled that task. Of course, he can’t participate in the war against Cersei. The Three-Eyed Raven doesn’t delve into the affairs of Westeros.

Isnt telling Jon delving into the affairs of Westeros?

Like I said, I still love the show. I just think the Bran storyline hasn't paid off at all. You could cut the whole thing and really I doubt anyone would notice. a couple of very minor tweaks and you would never miss it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Didn’t Sam fill that hole just be reading some old journals/scripts?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Sam only knew that Rhaegar and Lyssa were legally married. He knew nothing of their child. When Bran told him Jon was their son, Sam put two and two together and actually told Bran something he hadn’t known, yet.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I hope we see an armored dragon tonight!

Dracarys!

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Arya is gonna kill Daenerys, for sure.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A girl is invincible.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arya is gonna kill Daenerys, for sure.

Certainly seems that is the direction so it’s going to be someone else that kills her Big Grin

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Great episode. I didn't see Daeny coming off the rails like that.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post