SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys!
Donna here and it is frustrating to play the waiting game -- but I am hoping that moving some of the machinery to the USA will give us a better timeframe for getting the pistols that all are asking for.

I have an Incoming DUTY -- Krypton Duty Threaded Barrel arriving here on Friday.
Customer has been patient and I can't wait to see it and hold it.
He is a local and usually breaks his guns down while here and shoots it also.
I will snap a couple of pics and post when he picks it up.

I am gonna ask to shoot his Duty while he is here.
I have had many - incoming and outgoing .. but never shot one.

My Sphinx guy had no news on ETA for the subcompacts --- but advised that the Compact Alpha are about become available for ordering and shipping shortly.
The Duotones are still coming from Switzerland and they don't give/have a real ETA.
At least my customers are Already In Line -- so hopefully they will be seeing them sooner than later.
Getting in line -- right now ------ would make them seeing them farther down the line.

The Standard Alpha -- still have No ETA ---- again .... so that is a real pain in the neck -- but I appreciate my sales guy telling me that out right and NOT giving me a bogus date for me to pass to my customers.
Aggravating for sure --- but better than passing on a lie.

I was glad to have gotten in at the middle of last year when some actual guns were available to ship out right away.

Thanks to all who are so patient.
I wish I had better input at Sphinx as I too have voiced dismay with wait times and the night sight issue also.

Most Sincerely,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MississippiGal:
Hey Guys!
...but I am hoping that moving some of the machinery to the USA will give us a better timeframe

Donna,
You'll have to allow them time to order electric service and then time to plug in the equipment and the like. Hope to dickens that a circuit breaker doesn't pop, as that might be good for 3 weeks (months?) of additional time. Ya know local regulation can be as bad as the NRC, or as good of an excuse.

Sorry for my nasty sarcasm, but your are too nice and were such an early Sphinx fan to have to put up with this nonsense.

It really is comical now. Smile

I sold my DuoTone to a forum member in a very clean/easy transaction, and I hope he enjoys it as it should be enjoyed. It is a fine pistol.

Best to you,
MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
No Prob MP Smile

Hope you are doing well. We think of you guys often.

Sphinx Pistols really are a great guns and if they should have any issues --- I know there have been some changes (personnel) throughout out the business and I have really high hopes that all phases will be on their toes going forward.

I so have a soft spot for the Grey Wolf Compact --- saving pennies to get me one some day.

Never wanted a "colored" gun before that one showed up here on day. Really changed my mind.

Best wishes to you and please keep me posted.

Most Sincerely,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Automatic Accuracy(a premier CZ shop) is now doing trigger jobs on Sphinx pistols.

Most interesting is that they are probably going to have night sights and fiber optic front sights made.

Posts: 37 | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tjeffhughes:
Automatic Accuracy(a premier CZ shop) is now doing trigger jobs on Sphinx pistols.

Most interesting is that they are probably going to have night sights and fiber optic front sights made.

The key word here is "probably".

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matt Mink is responsive to the market. If they know they can sell them, AA will make it happen. I bet AA has fronts sights to us long before Kriss does....

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That's great news. You can get them put on your OEM sights already if you are willing to ship the slide to Tooltech. $185

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
That's great news. You can get them put on your OEM sights already if you are willing to ship the slide to Tooltech. $185

What?

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What?

http://tooltechgunsight.com

They'll insert Trijicon lamps into your OEM Sphinx sights for $185. Mail the slide or the sights.

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I bet AA has fronts sights to us long before Kriss does....

You're more on an optimist than I am of Kriss ever supplying night sights.

Separately, I just checked the tooltech site, and they are running 10-12 weeks for custome sights. Maybe I'll call them Monday to see if just drilling the current sights and inserting a tube falls into the 10-12 week time frame.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What?

http://tooltechgunsight.com

They'll insert Trijicon lamps into your OEM Sphinx sights for $185. Mail the slide or the sights.

Good to know, seems expensive, but very good to know...

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No doubt, it's high as hell. But what you get for niche I guess Frown

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
It's been quite a while but I finally took my subcompact to the range following the Novak sight install. I'm glad to announce the pistol now shoots dead on. Sad that Sphinx didn't get it resolved and I had to spend yet more money for sights that DO work. Glad it's working correctly now. Anyone having issues with factory sights hitting way low, the Novak adjustable sights previously discussed in one of these Sphinx threads are a viable solution.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Picture with the Novaks installed.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
That looks very good. I have a Subcompact and it is a very reliable tack-driver, but I really like the look of your sights. I may have to send mine in.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks! These were pretty much a necessity since the factory fixed sights hit super low. These Novaks are adjustable so they solved the problem. They have to be shimmed.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I missed it, but I hadn't realized that Sphinx Systems AG went bankrupt, which is appears to be the reason why we haven't been seeing many if any SDPs for a good portion of the last year. And I guess now Kriss Group International/Kriss Systems AG was about to do the same, according to TFB. Kriss USA apparently is going to take over everything that's left...and that would seem to explain all of the talk about the pistols being manufactured here in the U.S.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...riss-going-bankrupt/

I don't know what kind of finances Kriss USA has, but I wish them well even if their CS couldn't get out of their own way to save themselves.

(Edited to fix the link.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Wow, I hadn't heard any of that. Thanks for the update soggy.....

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which means my swiss built guns, could be worth a little in the future. Smile I think I'll hang on to them.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
Really well engineered and manufactured pistol.

Really crappy and deceitful company.

MP