SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
It appears that the front end of the recoil spring guide rod has a screw slot. Would someone please explain its purpose?

KRISS USA Inc.
Tel (855) KRISS-US
(855) 574-7787

Thanks. I was kinda hoping that someone on this thread might know.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
It appears that the front end of the recoil spring guide rod has a screw slot. Would someone please explain its purpose?

KRISS USA Inc.
Tel (855) KRISS-US
(855) 574-7787

I believe it is split to allow you to compress the end of the guide rod, allowing you to remove the recoil spring retention washer, allowing recoil spring change. Not at home now to look for sure. HK has a similar set up. Will verify later.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
quote:
quote:
quote:

KRISS USA Inc.
Tel (855) KRISS-US
(855) 574-7787

I believe it is split to allow you to compress the end of the guide rod, allowing you to remove the recoil spring retention washer, allowing recoil spring change. Not at home now to look for sure. HK has a similar set up. Will verify later.

Yes,...that is what it's for.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Ah so. Thanks much!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah so. Thanks much!

No problem! If you go to this link, which is a PDF parts breakdown on the Sphinx site, items 8, 9, and 10 will show you what I'm talking about.

http://www.sphinxarms.com/file...CT_PARTS_English.pdf

posted Hide Post
I live in a state restricted to 10 round mags. Would like to buy the compact ideally in black (aluminum lower). Any ideas?

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen 10 round mags on the Kriss website. It seems that someone should be selling Sphinx pistols with this option.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Received my Stealth Gear Onyx today in the mail. Wore it for a few hours this evening running errands. Very comfortable. The material that rests against your body is very breathable and extremely comfortable. The design spreads out the weight very much like the VMII from MS. Also has a nice cant. Wears very close to the body, snug. Very happy with it and just under 4 weeks to delivery. Gonna be using this thing the rest of the year. Try one, the reviews weren't bullshitting.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
Pre, thanks for the Onyx review.

I'm ordering one based on it.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with your assessment. It is the best IWB holster I have.

Posts: 640 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleGun:
I agree with your assessment. It is the best IWB holster I have.

Woo Hoo! I ordered mine yesterday.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rhart:
I've seen 10 round mags on the Kriss website. It seems that someone should be selling Sphinx pistols with this option.

This is a weak answer, but doable. Buy the 10 rounders directly from Kriss at http://store.kriss-usa.com/ind...act-10rd-9mm-52.html

or (SHUDDER) from Cheaper than Dirt.

Buy the pistol from a cooperative seller such as MississippiGal, and ask the seller not to send the factory higher round magazines with the pistol.

Not terribly good, but a possible solution for you.

MP

posted Hide Post
Took my Sphinx Sub Compact to the range for the second time. Another 200 perfect rounds but what suprises me, is that I don't flinch with this pistol. Usually I pull one or two with most handguns. A father, son and daughter came out to shoot. So I offered the pistol to them. Obviously they are real shooters by their shot placements. They kept offering it back to me and I said "Just shoot it" After 100 rounds they just could not belive how accurate a 3" barrel could be. Maybe I should get a Compact since the Standard seems quite aways off. Right now, The Sphinx is much more accurate than my 4" barreld guns. So I may sell off my G19, VP9, P30 and 5" PPQ. Yeah, the Sphinx isn't cheap but for $850 and significant accuracy,the others just need to go away.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That's what I did. Sold them off although I do want my HK for a beater/car gun.

The compact is outstanding, very concealable. Slide width is the same as the sub just a thicker grip. About the same size as a G19 and I like it for winter carry. Think of the subcompact, just bigger, badder, and better. You will probably end up wanting the set anyway, I sure do. Standard should be here in September.

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Finally received my Subcompact and broke away for some range time yesterday. I'm really glad I bought it but I had to sell my P938 to do so. The Sub is really well made, super tight, very accurate for the length of barrel, and I'm impressed. I ran WWB and Hornady 135 gr +P Critical Duty and they all ran flawlessly. It did however shoot low and right consistently using POA/POI. I'll have to adjust the sight and my aim. As others mention, the slide release is impossibly tight at first. In fact, the entire pistol is tight. I'd expect nothing less from the Swiss. Thanks for the recommendations guys! I've always wanted a Sphinx and this one hasn't disappointed.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Finally received my Subcompact and broke away for some range time yesterday. I'm really glad I bought it but I had to sell my P938 to do so. The Sub is really well made, super tight, very accurate for the length of barrel, and I'm impressed. I ran WWB and Hornady 135 gr +P Critical Duty and they all ran flawlessly. It did however shoot low and right consistently using POA/POI. I'll have to adjust the sight and my aim. As others mention, the slide release is impossibly tight at first. In fact, the entire pistol is tight. I'd expect nothing less from the Swiss. Thanks for the recommendations guys! I've always wanted a Sphinx and this one hasn't disappointed.

Congrats 10X! The subcompact is the little jewel in the line up as far as I'm concerned. I was carrying it exclusively while my HK P2000 was away. Put some more rounds though it and it will start feeling unbelievable. If you still have POA/POI issues, give KRISS a call. I'm certain they will help. As we've seen here, they are top notch and really want you satisfied. Extremely fast too.

If you get the chance, call KRISS and request one of their 2015 catalogs. I just got one sent to me. It's updated with all the new Sphinx handguns that are coming and will be available. I about crapped my drawers when I saw all the different configurations. All in 9mm at this time, (that will be changing) but 20 different variations are now being advertised. There is something for everyone from what I can see. Even full sized 17 round guns with compact slides.

From my understanding, the full sized Black Standard will be the first full size one in and "should" be here between July and August. That and a Standard duotone to match my Compact are on my list.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The catalog is sweet. Definitely want a Standard Black Night when they release and a SDP Production later.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tundra! All the posts helped pushe over the edge. The sub was more compact than I thought from all the helpful posts (thanks goodness). I'm really pleased with it. It's much easier to shoot decent groups with than the P938 but then I expected that. I'll put more rounds down range before I bother Kriss. Iva m can move the sights left and right easily enough. I'm definitely going to call about the catalog, thanks for that tip. The Safariland Kydex holsters are below $10 at JG but costs as much to ship. I picked one of those up. I reached out to Bladetech hoping they had some sage advice about something new for us or se holster that fits but made for a different model. They said the holsters for the compact "should" work yet the widths and lengths are different and the rail has to gum up the works. I am doubting the response from them. I'm hoping they make a few models for us. I'm a big fan of their holsters.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
10x, I have a Bladetech Nano for my compact. The subcompact does not fit in it. That's why I got the Stealthgear pictured above.

I wish I would have known you needed the Safariland as I have a spare you could have for the cost of shipping. I don't want any $ for it.

Human, All
Too Human
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine, as I've been following your lead, and this thread, I've been slowly accumulating stuff for my SDP Compact and Subcompact. Ordered an Onyx just now.

One question, maybe you or Tundra may know?! Is there anyplace I can buy an extra Medium grip module, or two, for my SDP Compact?

I've had no luck using the CS contact through Kriss or Sphinx USA.

I'm going to stipple my stock one, as I've buggered it up anyway, but would like at least one extra before I do.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for all the Sphinx info I've already got from you guys!

TB

Posts: 978 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post