SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, paper plates are the old go-to for me also. I decided to shake things up and bought an Evil Roy stand with an 8" gong from LE Targets. I think there was an earlier thread about using steel that turned me on to it.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I have an interesting tidbit concerning my 2 Sphinx SDP Compacts.
Several weeks ago, I bought a Compact Alpha and it came with 2 magazines. The pistol was made in 2013. I also recently bought a Compact Duotone (manufactured in 2014) and 5 additional magazines from Donna.
The org. magazines that came with the Alpha do not drop free from the Duotone and once inserted, you need to use substantial force to pull them out. Any of the magazines that came with the Duotone work fine in both pistols. I have not put the calipers to them but there is no doubt a difference between them.
I marked the ones that came with the Alpha so I can keep them with their respective pistols.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Jupiter call Kriss and see if you can have them swapped out.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Jupiter call Kriss and see if you can have them swapped out.

I going to give them a call. I'm sure they will swap them out.
Both pistols have been flawless and shoot great. I do lube my pistols however! Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Subcompact update

7 yards- POA is the X in the center. Sighting method had to be covering the target with the front sight. Hits all low.

15 yards - same sighting method aiming at the TOP "9". Hits all low except one flier.

25 yards- same aiming method as the previous two targets. POA is the center of the upper forehead. All hits low.

I'm going to have to buy $80 sights to hopefully correct the problem. I wish I had done that rather than wasting all this time sending it back for warranty work. I'll give Kriss an "E" for effort and thanks to a certain employee for getting the process moving. I wish I'd had something better to report. I'm not giving up on the pistol and obviously my pistol is not the rule but rather the exception.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after 1100 excellent rounds, I took my Sub Compact out today and it just went "Click". Different mags, ammo and slide off inspection - nothing seems wrong. Ran a few snap caps with the primer area marked up and none showed that the firing pin ever hit the caps. I won't tear the slide apart since I'm sure it is still under warranty. Any suggestions as to what else to check? I'll call Kriss (Sphinx) in the morning and see what they say.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Can you get the firing pin to move forward manually?

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
You should be able to use a dowel or pencil in the barrel, hold it upward, pull the trigger and see if it moves from the firing pin strike.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
Can you get the firing pin to move forward manually?
. Pressed the firing pin block and depressed the firing pin, nothing showed in the firing pin hole.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
You should be able to use a dowel or pencil in the barrel, hold it upward, pull the trigger and see if it moves from the firing pin strike.
Yes, I tried a dowel and a plastic rod, nothing felt. Kriss (Sphinx) issued an RMA it will be sent out tomorrow.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Best of luck seaswol.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I've been eyeing this thread for a while and finally bit. Ordered a Duotone from Donna... Can't wait to see it!

Sigh. The wait continues (7 weeks now) and this thread stays near the top of the forum, taunting me.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Recently acquired a 2nd subcompact to go with my pair of compacts. Decided to to try one box of ammo of every kind I had on hand. 10 types, so 500 round range trip.

From top to bottom:

Federal HST JHP 124gr +p
Speer GD JHP 115gr +p+
Hornady Criticsl Duty JHP 135gr +p
Fiocchi FMJ 115gr
Fiocchi FMJ 124gr
Blazer Brass FMJ 124gr
Speer Lawman FMJ 124gr
Federal RTP FMJ 115gr
PMC Bronze FMJ 115gr
American Eagle FMJ 147gr

Preloaded at the house.

On range:

7 yards, rapid fire, about as fast as I can pull the trigger:

15 yards, about as fast as I can pull the trigger:

Back at 7 yards, slowing down to one second between shots:

Dirty lil' sucker after I was done:

Very little wear in:

All cleaned up:

Range time was 57 minutes from the time I turned the lights on my lane until I walked out the door. I need to get faster with the uplula. Gun got warm from the rapid fire, about all I noticed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool!
I ordered a duotone from Donna about a week ago - she said maybe by Christmas as 6 others were ahead of me.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Recently acquired a 2nd subcompact to go with my pair of compacts. Decided to to try one box of ammo of every kind I had on hand. 10 types, so 500 round range trip.

From top to bottom:

Federal HST JHP 124gr +p
Speer GD JHP 115gr +p+
Hornady Criticsl Duty JHP 135gr +p
Fiocchi FMJ 115gr
Fiocchi FMJ 124gr
Blazer Brass FMJ 124gr
Speer Lawman FMJ 124gr
Federal RTP FMJ 115gr
PMC Bronze FMJ 115gr
American Eagle FMJ 147gr

Preloaded at the house.

On range:

7 yards, rapid fire, about as fast as I can pull the trigger:

15 yards, about as fast as I can pull the trigger:

Back at 7 yards, slowing down to one second between shots:

Dirty lil' sucker after I was done:

Very little wear in:

All cleaned up:

Range time was 57 minutes from the time I turned the lights on my lane until I walked out the door. I need to get faster with the uplula. Gun got warm from the rapid fire, about all I noticed.

You're killing me Prefontaine! One day, mine too will hit where I aim.

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me!
There's a "Burnt Bronze" compact on Gunbroker for $824, free shipping.

Is that a current model in that color? Haven't seen that one before.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
You guys are killing me!

I believe it is. Sounds like a good deal. By the way, your screen name reminds of Saturday morning cartoons as a kid. Hoooooold on there!

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
You guys are killing me!

From what I understand -- That was a limited run model.
I have not seen one in person but looks interesting.

I have sold the Grey Wolf Model
(Thought I would HATE Grey -- but actually LOVED THAT ONE!)
If I was gonna buy one -- it would be the Grey Wolfe Model!
I generally don't like "Colored" or Two-Tone guns ... BUT.....The Grey Wolfe I just love!
They did not make very many of that model either.

It sounds like a good price for just the Pistol and the 2 mags it comes with.

The place I get mine has the Burnt Bronze AND the Grey Wolfe Compacts.

We were able to make a deal where customers get a FREE Safariland Holster with these .... and IF a customer buys the gun from us ... we sell Extra Mags also.

Sphinx has really put out a great pistols and I can't wait to see my first Standard!

Good Luck and hope you get to hold one and see one in person.

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have contact info for a higher up at Kriss/Sphinx?

I'm getting some static that I need to cut through.

Posts: 37 | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
You will need to put an E-Mail address in your Profile so someone can try to help you.

Smile
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post