SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Those of us who have followed the thread since Page 1 are now cross-eyed, groggy, dyslexic, ten pounds lighter, and prematurely balding. Razz

I was that way before the thread started.

The big difference between then and now is that I bought a bunch of P320's.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwm1150
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cwm1150:
I have not followed this entire thread but has the law suit by an officer who was injured after dropping his 320 been discussed/mentioned?

You are a very fortunate individual. Those of us who have followed the thread since Page 1 are now cross-eyed, groggy, dyslexic, ten pounds lighter, and prematurely balding. Razz

I bet, I followed it on another forum, it sure did get rather heated there. I am sure it seems to have been much the same here to a certain extent.

Posts: 176 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Bruce Gray is a class act...just had to say it. I don't own any of his products but feel like I'll be compelled to look for gear through his shop after watching how he's handled this.

As for Sig, I thought long and hard about selling my P320C after this - as much as I love this gun. (It didn't hurt that I really wanted a CZ P-01 or 75D PCR...but I digress...). However after dealing with my local LE Sig Rep, and seeing how Sig is addressing this, I'll be holding onto it. I'll have to save for a CZ, as well as another 320 (FS in 45 ACP...).

No gun manufacturer is perfect. Beretta had issues right after it went into the US Military, Glock had issues with rails breaking, etc., etc., etc... Maybe the lesson we need to bring out of this is how a company deals with an issue.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cwm1150:
I bet, I followed it on another forum, it sure did get rather heated there. I am sure it seems to have been much the same here to a certain extent.

There are other forums?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
In case anyone missed it, it is worth noting what hasn't happened.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Gun companies get real wrapped around the axel about how a recall was worded.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8560020524

I posted this thread the end of May in the rifles section about a recall the DD was having. The original title was "Daniel Defense Safety Recall". About 12 hours after the thread was up, I got a strongly worded email from an employee at Daniel advising me to change the title of my thread, due to the fact it had inflammatory information such as the word "recall", when it was in fact a safety notification. He even went on to say that his bosses were not pleased by it.

Which tells me that they were scouring the internet putting out PR fires and trying to manage their mess.

I forwarded the email to LDD, and deleted the "recall" from the thread title. Was it a recall? Yep. Is this a recall. Yep. But it is the games they play.

While much criticism has been meted out over how SIG has handled this, they haven't leaned on individuals, over speech. If they have contacted any members here in this manor, let us know. It would not be OK.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the W-320-Com p 9mm L/E gun and a pretty new full size in 9 I have no problems with either one . I almost got a very late 2017 build date Carry in 40 cal and it had the newer frame with safe cut out plugs and all updates I could see . If anything is going on with this stuff would this brand new gun have the update in the system ???? I may pick it up this week

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I have the W-320-Com p 9mm L/E gun and a pretty new full size in 9 I have no problems with either one . I almost got a very late 2017 build date Carry in 40 cal and it had the newer frame with safe cut out plugs and all updates I could see . If anything is going on with this stuff would this brand new gun have the update in the system ???? I may pick it up this week

As of now, no models are excluded. More info to come tomorrow.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I was that way before the thread started.

The big difference between then and now is that I bought a bunch of P320's.

NICE! I am rather impatiently waiting for several P320's as well.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
In case anyone missed it, it is worth noting what hasn't happened......

While much criticism has been meted out over how SIG has handled this, they haven't leaned on individuals, over speech. If they have contacted any members here in this manor, let us know. It would not be OK.

Crickets...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
In case anyone missed it, it is worth noting what hasn't happened......

Crickets...
Yeah, that would be like throwing a can of gasoline onto a steady low fire.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, that would be like throwing a can of gasoline onto a steady low fire.

I think CNN taught a lot of corporate America how NOT to handle a social media campaign. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Indeed, lots of lessons to be learned from the CNN Fiasco.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
SIG will be measured on where they go from here. Either they will come out as having weathered the storm pretty well, or they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

That will be the true tale. I said it 30 or 40 pages ago. In a few weeks, or a couple of months, most consumers will be "SIG had a recall?" once the next biggest and greatest internet bombshell hits. What will be remembered is how they handled it by the rest of us.

Yeah, this was a big deal. But, we've been here before and we will be here again.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I can't claim to be any kind of authority on the topic I can't recall experiencing a time when any other head of a company in any similar situation stepped up to the plate and responding personally to a community like Bruce Gray has to this one. I thank him for that and want to express my appreciation for doing so in a really tough situation not of his making. I have his PELT triggers on all three of my P320s and have complete faith that GGI will make it all good.

Hang in there Bruce. Taking time to communicate with us really demonstrates great character and it is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoil Magazine sits down and interviews two guys from Sig-Sauer about the 320.

http://www.recoilweb.com/sig-s...y-update-129040.html

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Bruce - per my earlier post this issue is not much of impact to me and I will probably wait a while for the backlog to ease up before I get my P320 upgraded.

Will GGI offer the upgrade to pistols sent in for other improvement or will Sig be the only authorized source for the upgrade?

My high opinion of GGI remains the same and I would be just as happy to send my gun to you rather than sig.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:

What I heard them say is that the frame, and slide have to have modifications. It's not just a part swap.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:

What I heard them say is that the frame, and slide have to have modifications. It's not just a part swap.

That's consistent with what they have been saying.

The bearded guy in the video makes it sound like drop safety, in general, had been on their radar with the M17 update.

Posts: 1847 | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
RX-79G, time to go, man. See ya.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would the extra weight of a weapons light mounted on the P-320 pistols affect anything after the upgrades, or would the new parts negate it ?

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post