SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
Depending on how Sig acts with this whole situation. I've lost some faith in in the Sig. I still love my X5s but I'm so so on my P320 as of now. Defiantely looking at other platforms at the moment. I wish Sig would spend more time and effort on engineering.

Are you serious? Sig develops and engineers more new and innovative products than than any 3 other manufacturers combined. I have not lost any faith in Sig - the 320 is a solid product and I am not in the habit of fumbling loaded weapons at some peculiar 30 degree angle so my 320 will stay right where but belongs - in my holster, no upgrade required.

Yup, I've spent money on trigger jobs for all 3 and PELT triggers, two have RMRs. After the upgrade those will probably all be gone. So if I'm going to start over, might as well look for another platform.

You won't be left stranded. Please go to grayguns.com and read our initial statement? We are developing new options to preserve or increase the value proposition you paid for.

I keep reading lots of speculation, much of it based on a set of very incorrect, even uncharitable assumptions sbout what SIG SAUER and Grayguns Inc. are doing, and how quickly everyone is moving on this.

No denials. Just reasonable perspective and an abundance of caution in favour of our mutual customer's best interests, as any responsible company would do.

You'll like what we're doing. We just need some timevto implement now.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang Bruce. You are going to force me to buy a PELT if you keep acting so responsibly and above board! Lol

Seriously, thanks for putting up with more than you should have and still engaging this mob.

Posts: 7478 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A question Bruce. Will you be able to perform the SIG upgrades under warranty as an option to sending a pistol into SIG? I have two P320c/sc pistols that I really like but I will probably wait to send either in to avoid the crush and (possibly?) months of waiting for their return.

I cannot image what you've been going through these past several days.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Bruce Gray anyone in the know had the opportunity to at least dry fire the P320 with the new fire control parts, if not shoot it?

I am curious as to what effect this modification will have on the trigger action, if any.

Two things sort of bother me about the appearance of that new trigger.

It is hollowed out all the way to the tip on its backside, like the original P320 trigger. That trigger caused a significant number of shooters to experience trigger sting, which seems to have been largely ameliorated with the "adverse" trigger that is filled in at the tip on the backside.

The trigger also seems to have a rather exaggerated concavity on the face of the shoe, akin to the SIG "short" or "reduced reach" trigger for the classic P-series SIGs. A lot of folks find those triggers uncomfortable to shoot.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
A collection of his posts on this thread, which would normally be considered a waste of space, would make a great Sticky entitled "How To Get Banned From SigForum."

He would have given Zeleny a headache, which is a shame because he did have some insight/ideas.

While my dislike for SIG-USA is easily seen, I have respect for Mr. Gray. He has always gone above and beyond in both his instructional and gunsmith work for this community. He even helped my brother with a Norinco 1911 at little or no cost (and somehow I doubt he is on the chicom payroll). He isn't the type of man to cheat or trick someone.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Bruce. Seeing your post over the past few days reminded me that I needed to pick up a few things from your website.

Thanks for your personal updates.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I wonder if they have dropped any with a weapons light attached ?

Good question. The extra weight of the light may make a difference.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Dang Bruce. You are going to force me to buy a PELT if you keep acting so responsibly and above board! Lol

Seriously, thanks for putting up with more than you should have and still engaging this mob.

Thank you. This mob are my friends. I live here too. And look, I'd be just as interested in this situation if it were me who bought a good pistol and purchased upgrades only to have doubts cast upon it, as I am as one of the guys on our side of the transaction. I just want folks to be reasonable and speak from the realm of the known and the factual as we get our arms around this and create solutions to restore their confidence.

The speculation, sanctimony and outright nastiness that we've been subjected to by a small minority of people in social media impedes our righteous efforts.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Oh, and we no longer will offer the original PELT in it's previous form. What we're replacing it with (and there are likely to be a range of options to fit your soecific preferences) will prevent this new possible drop vulnerability and be really nifty.

This will be a better value proposition that what you originally paid for. We're working on this nonstop, since last Monday.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
Bruce, there are some people in the world that just love to jump to conclusions. Makes them feel smarter.

Not being terribly smart, I'll just follow this and see what shakes out. Hopefully, the departure of one of the main agitators will calm things down a little. If not, fortunately, Para will.

Regardless, I will continue to shoot my P320FS .40 and P320C 9mm with the PELT trigger. It's satisfying to see little holes clustered over the top of the front sight after every draw and fire sequence.

Keep up the good work.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
A question Bruce. Will you be able to perform the SIG upgrades under warranty as an option to sending a pistol into SIG? I have two P320c/sc pistols that I really like but I will probably wait to send either in to avoid the crush and (possibly?) months of waiting for their return.

I cannot image what you've been going through these past several days.

Thank you for your compassionate comment. Everyone has had one hell of a week. But, we've learned a lot about ourselves, our capabilities. If there was ever a stress test for a business and it's employees, the Great Omaha Drop is it. My people are crushing it. I can't find words of praise powerful enough to express my pride in the Grayguns Crew.

And it's been hard for SIG SAUER, incredibly so. And they, too, have stepped up and handled this extremely well and honourably. Where many companies would have sent out an army of flacks to deflect or deny, SIG has simply gone to work and set the example. I am incredibly proud of our association with them, from Ron Cohen down.

As for your specific question, we're getting things worked out with them to best take care of our mutual customers. It's been five days. We do need a little time to get this all sorted out and implement our plans, and it would be irresponsible (and completely nuts) of me to spitball anything of the specifics here.

I will only say what we know, as it's appropriate to announce.

What I do know right now? Everyone of our mutual customers will be given excellent options, and nobody is going to be left stranded with a pistol they aren't confident in and pleased with.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Bruce, there are some people in the world that just love to jump to conclusions. Makes them feel smarter.

Not being terribly smart, I'll just follow this and see what shakes out. Hopefully, the departure of one of the main agitators will calm things down a little. If not, fortunately, Para will.

Regardless, I will continue to shoot my P320FS .40 and P320C 9mm with the PELT trigger. It's satisfying to see little holes clustered over the top of the front sight after every draw and fire sequence.

Keep up the good work.

❤️

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

Oh, and we no longer will offer the original PELT in it's previous form. What we're replacing it with (and there are likely to be a range of options to fit your soecific preferences) will prevent this new possible drop vulnerability and be really nifty

-Bruce

Looks like Top Gun still has the curved and flat still listed. I know through all the crap storm in the last week this might be the furthest item on your list to address. Thanks for keeping us up to date. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

gordynismo

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwm1150
posted Hide Post
I have not followed this entire thread but has the law suit by an officer who was injured after dropping his 320 been discussed/mentioned?

Posts: 176 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cwm1150:
I have not followed this entire thread but has the law suit by an officer who was injured after dropping his 320 been discussed/mentioned?
in depth.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwm1150
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks, I am sure Sig will eventually get it resolved.

Posts: 176 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bruce for your update. Someone earlier in the thread posted a video of John Dean during the Watergate Hearings, which I thought was funny considering the social media frenzy about this issue.

I am confident it will be resolved.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Childish behavior

A collection of his posts on this thread, which would normally be considered a waste of space, would make a great Sticky entitled "How To Get Banned From SigForum."

Was he banned or did Para remove his ability to delete/alter his posts? Either way he (very effectively) got cut off at the knees for now. The few posts that he apparently didn't delete still reflect he's a member.

Para was more than fair with the guy. Apparently smart but his sarcasm caused me to "ignore" him early in this thread. No amount of smart makes up for his attitude.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cwm1150:

You are a very fortunate individual. Those of us who have followed the thread since Page 1 are now cross-eyed, groggy, dyslexic, ten pounds lighter, and prematurely balding. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Was he banned or did Para remove his ability to delete/alter his posts?
He's not banned.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post