SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Glock Junkie
posted Hide Post
Glock 19C Gen4's just came out. Grab em while you can!

Posts: 338 | Location: USA | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pix of said Glock 19. MGT had all the colors, I liked the blue one.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Nice, does it come with night sights also,

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has the HDs like my Legions.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Awesome...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Well the day I thought would never come did indeed happen today. After 6.5 years of avoiding this thread (1.5 of that time while living on Glock Ave in Gillette, WY) I purchased my first Glock today. Gen 4 G19 should be here in a few days. I didn't really need it but with the impending election and the fact that I've owned several G18 mags since the 2012 election I thought it was high time.

It may end up sitting in the safe most of the time as I'm still not a fan of the grip angle, but I did indeed buy one.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Prophecy fulfilled

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
...but I did indeed buy one.

Give in and go for it. I have a hunch you'll want a 10mm or a 357 Sig next.

I guess I got carried away a bit much once I converted my G41 MOS to .38 Super. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I did it again.. I bought my first glock last December (Glock 43) and that planted a seed. I shoot it so well that it finally made me give in again. I bought a Gen 4 Glock 17. I was torn between the 17 and the 19 so I went with the 17 since I had a concealed carry glock already. I am excited to get to the range this week to see how it shoots.

I don't think this will be my last glock purchase, I feel the need to go and pick up the glock 19 that I left at the store... haha

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
G19 inbound tomorrow between 5 and 8pm!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Are any of you guys running a modded Glock with one of the milled slides like I see all over the Instagram firearm pages?

I don't see any benefit to these mods, but they look cool. I have to wonder, though, if all these slide cuts affect dwell time or necessitate a lighter recoil spring, and all these fancy gold colored barrels probably look like crap after a thousand rounds or so.

I found this place called Jager Works or something like that, pops up often on pictures I see. I emailed them regarding these possible issues, but I haven't heard back (granted, I emailed right before the weekend)

Are people running these custom Glocks hard, or are they for Instagram posing and not much else?

I remember once reading a thread on another forum where several people ran these expensive trigger kits, aftermarket plungers, strikers, etc. and custom barrels, only to fiddle around to get reliability close to stock, and accuracy roughly the same as stock. I've always felt that the stock Glock trigger's only drawback is the lack of operator training, and that it's absolutely excellent for both training/defensive use and casual precision shooting (for fun, not competition).

No desire to swap OEM internals, but those milled slides do look cool.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
Are any of you guys running a modded Glock with one of the milled slides like I see all over the Instagram firearm pages?

I don't see any benefit to these mods, but they look cool. I have to wonder, though, if all these slide cuts affect dwell time or necessitate a lighter recoil spring, and all these fancy gold colored barrels probably look like crap after a thousand rounds or so.

I found this place called Jager Works or something like that, pops up often on pictures I see. I emailed them regarding these possible issues, but I haven't heard back (granted, I emailed right before the weekend)

Are people running these custom Glocks hard, or are they for Instagram posing and not much else?

I remember once reading a thread on another forum where several people ran these expensive trigger kits, aftermarket plungers, strikers, etc. and custom barrels, only to fiddle around to get reliability close to stock, and accuracy roughly the same as stock. I've always felt that the stock Glock trigger's only drawback is the lack of operator training, and that it's absolutely excellent for both training/defensive use and casual precision shooting (for fun, not competition).

No desire to swap OEM internals, but those milled slides do look cool.

In my research i do think you can do too much, and when it comes to slide modification, you can lighten the slide to the point you need to play around with springs etc...

Jagerwerks does awesome and very clean work and i am very happy with the end result, i did not go too extreme and just did what i felt made the gun more functional. Weight wise i would guess it's not far off from stock with what was removed and what the RMR adds.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hi. I'm Lee and I was weak. A new Gen 3 G19 followed me home a few minutes ago. I'm selling the G26 though so I'm cool right? Smile

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Hi. I'm Lee and I was weak. A new Gen 3 G19 followed me home a few minutes ago. I'm selling the G26 though so I'm cool right? Smile

NO one is none and two is one and all that jazz

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So what your saying is you like buying G26s soooo much that you are getting rid of one to have the joy all over in the future? Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Nope! This is it! One last fix is all I needed! Razz

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Nope! This is it! One last fix is all I needed! Razz

I'll buy that for a dollar. Big Grin

Glock Junkie
posted Hide Post
Gen4 17C's are out now also along with the 19C's.

Posts: 338 | Location: USA | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmdude:
Gen4 17C's are out now also along with the 19C's.

Hmm...a MOS variant shouldn't be too far behind, I would guess.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
It's a .40, but best $250 I ever spent for a brand new/used Glock. Traded a well used M&P Bodyguard for it. Vintage 2009.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post