SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Decisions, add a third FDE 19 or keep saving for a Legion SAO?

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just helped my father in law pick out a gun today, home defense/bedside gun. I had ruled out shotguns and revolvers as I wanted him to have something very simple and easy to use.

Looked at:
Glock 17 9mm
Springfield XD 9mm, full size
Sig Pro SP2022 9mm

He bought the Glock 17

He loved the G17 and how it felt in his hands, plus he had fired one before and did well with it for the first time ever firing a gun.

He and the wife are now going to take an 8 hour firearms training class given by a local NRA verified instructor.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just helped my father in law pick out a gun today, home defense/bedside gun. I had ruled out shotguns and revolvers as I wanted him to have something very simple and easy to use.

Looked at:
Glock 17 9mm
Springfield XD 9mm, full size
Sig Pro SP2022 9mm

He bought the Glock 17

He loved the G17 and how it felt in his hands, plus he had fired one before and did well with it for the first time ever firing a gun.

He and the wife are now going to take an 8 hour firearms training class given by a local NRA verified instructor.

This post has a happy ending all the way around...
Selected a great choice of firearm, he must have dry fired that spongy XD trigger.
Both are taking a basic firearms class.

I applaud all involved with this transaction.

There are too many people that buy the gun, stow it away, and never get ANY training whatsoever.. Eek

I've been to Texas LTC classes in which students have NEVER even fired their handguns.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and they multiply.

I'm going to try it with the tape before I put the beavertail on it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
They do multiply. My 2nd Gen 4 G19 just came home yesterday.....my daughter turns 21 soon and has made multiple comments about how well she likes my G19, so thinking this may be her b-day present (or I'll give her the one she likes & keep this one, haha).

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the Glocks to the range.

OMG!!! Did I write GLOCKS!!!! Big Grin Cool

A good time ensued, MC Operator and P220 KF came along too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
How did this get so far down? Big Grin

I have had a G33 for years.

A G32 and G30 followed me home yesterday. Big Grin

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
My newest Glock has a real sweet trigger. Big Grin

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
My newest Glock has a real sweet trigger. Big Grin
And some say Glocks are ugly.
That Glock wannabe is hideous... Roll Eyes

All 11 of my Glocks have very nice (stock) triggers, thanks..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a gen4 g20. I have a gen3 but I'd like the grip options on the 4.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
You'll like the Glock 20 Gen 4 10 mm, it is a great gun, I put True Glow TFX Fiber Obtic's on mine, and now I have a great gun with day and night sights, you get some nice grip options that I like, the full beaver tail really helps keep my hand high and avoids slide bite like a champ, I think the Gen is worth looking at, I also like my Sig P220 SAO Hunter 10mm, it has less recoil than my Glock and is a little more accurate...you might want to look at the Sig to before buying...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
You'll like the Glock 20 Gen 4 10 mm, it is a great gun, I put True Glow TFX Fiber Obtic's on mine, and now I have a great gun with day and night sights, you get some nice grip options that I like, the full beaver tail really helps keep my hand high and avoids slide bite like a champ, I think the Gen is worth looking at, I also like my Sig P220 SAO Hunter 10mm, it has less recoil than my Glock and is a little more accurate...you might want to look at the Sig to before buying...

Yeah I plan on checking out the sig hunter model as well. Ive been shooting my g20 and g29 for almost 10 years now, I love those guns.

Whenever I go out to look at new handguns, I end up leaving without buying anything because i just dont find anything Ilike as much as Glocks.

-g20
-g29
-g17 rtf2
-g19 rtf2
-g19x3-4
-g26
-g17 gen4

I should probably get more.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Glocks could just your thing, and it's a good choice, for me I'm a total gun nut, and have and like a lot of different makes and models, as for leaving your LGS,without buying, that's a good thing to do, I do it to, it gives you time to really think it through before you lay the money down, I always want to feel good about a gun purchase...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
Glocks could just your thing, and it's a good choice, for me I'm a total gun nut, and have and like a lot of different makes and models, as for leaving your LGS,without buying, that's a good thing to do, I do it to, it gives you time to really think it through before you lay the money down, I always want to feel good about a gun purchase...

I also like all sorts of guns, I have some sigs and 1911s and some really nice revolvers but anytime I go looking for something to possibly fill the role of glocks, I just dont find anything that I like as much.

I know theres lots of good stuff out there but for me, glocks are the best game in town for CC and HD/SD type stuff. I tried to like HKs nut went back to glocks.

Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
newmexican

Have you tried the HK P30 SK LE V-1 with the LEM trigger, the gun is totally ambi and cuts through recoil like a champ, I like all my Glocks, but for me being a lefty I really appreciate a gun that does it all and feels great in the hand. but that's me, Glock is a great gun, and one that others are measured by....

posted Hide Post
I looked at them again Monday but still haven't bought myself one yet. The wife has the little 43 we bought earlier in the year. I keep looking at the 27 and 23. Smile Maybe eventually.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
snagged another Glock 30S last week. Hope to get to shoot it this week.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an H&K P30SK LEM and it is my goto EDC. No thanks Glock.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think you should choose a G34 for your first Glock. Oh, sure, we always say "get a G19", but I think you should break the mold. Hell, maybe even a G17L.

Maybe get one of those new MOS Glocks and have all sorts of extra serrations machined into the slide. Have it Cerakoted in purple. Be original!

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think you should choose a G34 for your first Glock. Oh, sure, we always say "get a G19", but I think you should break the mold. Hell, maybe even a G17L.

Maybe get one of those new MOS Glocks and have all sorts of extra serrations machined into the slide. Have it Cerakoted in purple. Be original!

Eek

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post