SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Girlfriend likes the Glock 19, I'll be getting another one.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Will Fly
For Beer
Picture of Tomster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Um.....no. Hope all is well Mike.

Posts: 6021 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eek

Yeah. 'Egad' sorta sez it fer me...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are any of you guys running a modded Glock with one of the milled slides like I see all over the Instagram firearm pages?

No.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
Are any of you guys running a modded Glock with one of the milled slides like I see all over the Instagram firearm pages?

I don't see any benefit to these mods, but they look cool. I have to wonder, though, if all these slide cuts affect dwell time or necessitate a lighter recoil spring, and all these fancy gold colored barrels probably look like crap after a thousand rounds or so.

I found this place called Jager Works or something like that, pops up often on pictures I see. I emailed them regarding these possible issues, but I haven't heard back (granted, I emailed right before the weekend)

Are people running these custom Glocks hard, or are they for Instagram posing and not much else?

I remember once reading a thread on another forum where several people ran these expensive trigger kits, aftermarket plungers, strikers, etc. and custom barrels, only to fiddle around to get reliability close to stock, and accuracy roughly the same as stock. I've always felt that the stock Glock trigger's only drawback is the lack of operator training, and that it's absolutely excellent for both training/defensive use and casual precision shooting (for fun, not competition).

No desire to swap OEM internals, but those milled slides do look cool.

Slides with openings that let large debris reach the recoil spring, especially the flat-wire Gen4 recoil springs, have been said to lead to malfunctions. I would rather that not happen with a duty/street/field pistol.

Some of the differently-shaped triggers might help me shoot more accurately, but modified triggers are forbidden by my employer, a big-city PD, for carry, on or off the clock. This same PD does, however, allow 1911 duty pistols, so I bring a Les Baer 1911 to work, to supplement my G17 and G26, a kind of "Designated Marksman Pistol." Wink

The only non-OEM parts of my Glocks are the sights.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well -- I did buy a Glock so I could see for myslef just how good they really are -- Gen 4 glock23.
I must say I was surprised, it is better than I was expecting. Functioned flawlessly and I did get used to the grip angle after only a few range sessions. I can see how people could like them but for me they just arent on the same level as my other guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 80 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Check out www.glockstore.com, they have just about anything Glock..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Just for shits and giggles as I know some heads here will explode. My advice is don't knock one without trying one.

I absolutely love JagerWerks. They do awesome work, reasonably priced, with a great turnaround time.

As far as the "holes" allowing debris in, I guess anything is possible. There are many videos of dirt being dropped in and not affecting function. I guess it would depend on ones daily activities, but for myself, I rarely encounter dirt.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Needs more stuff

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:

Just for shits and giggles as I know some heads here will explode. My advice is don't knock one without trying one.

I absolutely love JagerWerks. They do awesome work, reasonably priced, with a great turnaround time.

As far as the "holes" allowing debris in, I guess anything is possible. There are many videos of dirt being dropped in and not affecting function. I guess it would depend on ones daily activities, but for myself, I rarely encounter dirt.

nice to see it all come together, and Jagerwerks does a great job.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Needs more stuff

Lol. I knew you would like it. Wink

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Needs more stuff

What is left that is actually "Glock"?

The frame?

Very nice. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:
Needs more stuff

The frame?

Very nice. Big Grin

Lol. Thanks. The slide is factory too. Just slightly altered.

posted Hide Post
: "needs more stuff" Big Grin
cracked me up

diversity is key in a fine forum such as this.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Needs more stuff

The frame?

Very nice. Big Grin

I think it is missing the bayonet. Big Grin

What holster does it get?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Needs more stuff

The frame?

Very nice. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I bought a G43 and love it. It's my first Glock. It's a great IWB carry piece.

Posts: 483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Needs more stuff

The frame?

Very nice. Big Grin

That's pretty slick.

posted Hide Post
Stupid Glocks are fun.