SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
Wives are funny...when I picked up a trio of a 17, 19 and 26, the Mrs. fondled all three, sat the 17 down, handed the 19 to me for CCW and said, "I like this one...I'll consider it mine," as she walked away with the 26. Confused

Perfect... You get to keep 2 of the 3.. Sounds like a perfect situation. Of course you can replace the 26 now Wink

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
LOL, Your wife has it together, the G26 G4 is a great gun and very accurate for its size, but so is the 19 and 17...Congrats to the wife on her choice...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have around 700rds through four ETS 22rds magazines, no issues (4 full mags through each, then multiple 3-5 round loads for training).

I have some 15rd as well, but have only put maybe 50-70rds through two of those - again with no issues.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
Hello. My name is Shaun. I'm 44 years old and my favorite handgun is any pre lock Smith & Wesson revolver. I have only two center fire pistols and they are both Smiths. A 39-2 and a 3953.

Today, I lost my willpower and placed a G19 on layaway at my LGS.

I'm secretly giddy.

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NHForester:
Hello. My name is Shaun. I'm 44 years old and my favorite handgun is any pre lock Smith & Wesson revolver. I have only two center fire pistols and they are both Smiths. A 39-2 and a 3953.

I'm secretly giddy.

we are kinda giddy for you

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's been so long that I forgot how the coupons worked. Embarrassing. But got it figured out with the LGS. 19 on the way.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm secretly giddy.

Welcome to the dark side Shaun, help yourself to the cookies.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm secretly giddy.

Shaun congrats!
I used to have a safe full of Smiths... Nframes They are mostly gone but the Glocks that are in there now seem to multiply and I actually shoot the Glocks.

Chris

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm secretly giddy.
It's your secret no longer.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
Thanks , Chris!

quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
quote:

I'm secretly giddy.

Shaun congrats!
I used to have a safe full of Smiths... Nframes They are mostly gone but the Glocks that are in there now seem to multiply and I actually shoot the Glocks.

Chris

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I'm secretly giddy.
It's your secret no longer.

Big Grin Big Grin

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking my g23 needs a sibling. Going with 9mm this time and trying to decide between a 19 or 43.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I'm thinking my g23 needs a sibling. Going with 9mm this time and trying to decide between a 19 or 43.

The answer is always "bof uv em".

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My apologies, sorry for the mess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You posted a Botach link in my Glock thread?

Is you simple?

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm new to the forum, as of about a week ago, so I'm late to this party.
I have to say that I love this place, it's the best Sig forum for sure.

As to the thread topic...I don't own a Glock, and see no reason why I ever would. My Sig 226 has been flawless, along with my Sig 1911, so I don't see that I'm missing out on anything, by not owning a Glock.

There are several guns out there that I'd rather own, like a DW or Guncrafter 1911, Beretta 92, Sig P210, Browning HP, maybe a CZ not to mention a nice DA revolver.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a Glock 19 in your future. Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nah, I've shot one, a 40, but it didn't 'wow' me. The first gun to do that was a Kimber 1911/45; a rental at the local range. The smoothness of that gun, and how accurate I was with it, not being a great shot, is what lured me to steel/alloy guns, hence us owning a Sig 1911, 226 & M11 A-1, which is my wife's carry gun, once her permit arrives.

She has shot a SA XDS 9mm, G43, SA XD compact, etc. and didn't like them; her most favorite gun to shoot is the big ole 1911!

No Tupperware for us, thanks! Cool

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:

Just get the 43 ... and a 9mm barrel for your 23 ... Problem solved!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
As to the thread topic...I don't own a Glock, and see no reason why I ever would. My Sig 226 has been flawless, along with my Sig 1911, so I don't see that I'm missing out on anything, by not owning a Glock.

Variety is the spice of life ... they don't get jealous like a woman ... They're inexpensive and they are dead nuts reliable. If you ever have to use it to defend your life and it goes into "evidence" you just get another one! I've never heard of anyone developing a bond with a Glock like with a Kimber, SiG or HK ... They are kind of like the chubby girl that every one likes, but no one wants to admit they were "with" Wink

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post