SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
The full dress is beautiful!!!

Thanks!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
winter EDC Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vemon,

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
They are here!

They are even better than imagined and hoped.

Ever read the story behind that skull?

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I have read it! A bit strange that the "Usual Suspects" didn't come through. Seems quite out of character for them. I had always figured that he could've braided a slip rope braid that would separate. His feet would hit the ground, and off he'd be in a flash, to the horizon, freedom and legend. Guess he figured that his world was no longer the world he found himself living in and that it was time to move on.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the skull... I don't do knife lanyards, but I got one of the skulls from a trade with a forum member in which I got a Micro Commander.

Found a home for it a few weeks ago so I can tell the zipper pulls apart by feel to open the access zip on my bag.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
They are excellent as zipper pulls. Strong move!

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Speaking of the skull... I don't do knife lanyards, but I got one of the skulls from a trade with a forum member in which I got a Micro Commander.

Found a home for it a few weeks ago so I can tell the zipper pulls apart by feel to open the access zip on my bag.

Hazard 4?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Hazard 4?

Yeah, the Defense Courier. I have a few issues with it, but nothing too major. Mostly I wish it had more loop fields on the main compartment, or internal MOLLE so I could add a little organization.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Searson:

Nice... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Hazard 4?

Yeah, the Defense Courier. I have a few issues with it, but nothing too major. Mostly I wish it had more loop fields on the main compartment, or internal MOLLE so I could add a little organization.

Twins, I have the MOD, same as you, got a few gripes but overall I like it. I also have a Kato and Photo Recon bag, on the hunt for a Takedown. Replaced all my maxpedition stuff with Hazard 4.

Anyways back to the topic at hand

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Searson:

Nice... Smile

Agreed, makes me want one even more. Born and raised in Yuma, not sure how many time ive been to that prison.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
There is a significant announcement Ernie has made over at USN. He is a member here, and can speak for himself. It isn't my place to reproduce his words here without his permission. I encourage you to check the message there.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a significant announcement Ernie has made over at USN. He is a member here, and can speak for himself. It isn't my place to reproduce his words here without his permission. I encourage you to check the message there.

I think I read it in another forum. I suspect he's only one of many that this has been done to and he's speaking out. More power to him.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Got a link?

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got a link?

Yeah yeah! very interesting

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
quote:
Got a link?

USN requires a log-in to access. From the other comment he may have posted on blade forums.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
quote:
Got a link?

USN requires a log-in to access. From the other comment he may have posted on blade forums.

I've sent a PM asking for permission to copy here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
What was his big announcement? Are you referring to the increase of counterfeit items lately? I can't seem to find anything else since you have to be a member of that forum to view.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
New "Irish" have all seen?

posted Hide Post
My A-100 and Protech CQC7.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post