SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a bit more complicated than that and I think you know this.

Leftists in this nation are seizing upon the opportunity provided by this panic, to damage the President and the nation, and any of you guys who can't see it should apply for full disability, because you're totally blind.

Exactly the point I've been making locally, while the virus is real, the hype and fear around it is being stimulated by the left, media and bloggers to advance a political agenda and increase traffic for advertising revenue, anyone that thinks differently is seriously missing whats going on.

C'mon, man, two perfectly healthy people died in Illinois, all the panic and fear mongering is justified......rolls eyes

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Kentucky’s governor Lil Andy now has formed a tip line for you to snitch out businesses that you think shouldn’t be open. Or aren’t “social distancing” enough to suit you. Man, all his actions seem so familiar to me.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ne/%3foutputType=amp

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Kentucky’s governor Lil Andy now has formed a tip line for you to snitch out businesses that you think shouldn’t be open.

I swear to God sometimes I feel like we are 5 minutes from "show me your papers".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Based on Wages, Salaries, & Tips or Taxable Income??

Read here: https://www.foxnews.com/politi...avirus-response-bill

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Based on Wages, Salaries, & Tips or Taxable Income??

Read here: https://www.foxnews.com/politi...avirus-response-bill

quote:
Payments, according to the bill, will be made “as rapidly as possible” and no later than Dec. 31, 2020.

Well that will be super helpful...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It's my understanding that only people with an income under $74,999 will receive a check. Sucks if you got that merit raise in February sending you from $74,500 to $75,300.

I believe it's based on what you made in 2018.

I read on a local news site that if you have already filed this year, they will use the 2019 returns but if not, they will go back to the 2018 tax returns.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Payments, according to the bill, will be made “as rapidly as possible” and no later than Dec. 31, 2020.

Just in time for Christmas....almost!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Kentucky’s governor Lil Andy now has formed a tip line for you to snitch out businesses that you think shouldn’t be open. Or aren’t “social distancing” enough to suit you. Man, all his actions seem so familiar to me.....

Interesting. I was told 3 complaint calls were made about Richwood Flea Market being open. The new owners have now closed their Market.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Despicable Washington press corps. It sickens me.

Year V

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Trump is pissed.

Year V

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I wish there was a way to turn down the stupid payment in the first place; maybe immediately pay it back the day it arrives? Roll Eyes

It's a check. Don't cash it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Is it true that if you make more than 75k you have to pay back the money the government is sending out?

It's my understanding that only people with an income under $74,999 will receive a check. Sucks if you got that merit raise in February sending you from $74,500 to $75,300.

I'm under the same belief.

This is not accurate. It lowers by $50 for every $1000 you make over the $75K. So you don't tap out at nothing until ~$99,000.

I'm curious about the kids. It says you get $500 per kid for married or single head of household. I"m single non-custodial but I claim one kid. I'm not concerned as I'm working and don't want the money. But my kid is out of work and can't make his car payment. He asked me for the money. He's 17.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is not accurate. It lowers by $50 for every $1000 you make over the $75K. So you don't tap out at nothing until ~$99,000.

Do you have a linked source for this? I'd like to read it as my local paper published their understanding of this and made it seem as if you were over the $75k threshold, you would not receive anything at all.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding the kids; so interested about that as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you have a linked source for this? I'd like to read it as my local paper published their understanding of this and made it seem as if you were over the $75k threshold, you would not receive anything at all.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding the kids; so interested about that as well.

Scroll up 7-8 posts Keystoner posted a Fox link with info in it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
quote:

Just in time for Christmas....almost!

I will either be homeless (not likely) or back on track by then.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
But my kid is out of work and can't make his car payment. He asked me for the money. He's 17.
Ouch, I assume whoever cosigned the loan is on the hook then.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Your newspaper is wrong. I don't have a link in front of me but I've seen info from .gov sights and the above is correct.

There is a little more depending on filing status and the number of kids otherwise is correct.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Is it true that if you make more than 75k you have to pay back the money the government is sending out?

I'm under the same belief.

I'm curious about the kids. It says you get $500 per kid for married or single head of household. I"m single non-custodial but I claim one kid. I'm not concerned as I'm working and don't want the money. But my kid is out of work and can't make his car payment. He asked me for the money. He's 17.

Not sure about your situation but I think if you claim the kid you may get the extra money.

Sucks your son lost his job. If he was working and making his payment and this is the thing that stopped him I would want to help him out. This is something a young person really can't plan for.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
If your bank account is on file with the IRS from your tax filings, you won't have to wait long to get the money. When they have to mail paper checks is when it will take a long time.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I wish there was a way to turn down the stupid payment in the first place; maybe immediately pay it back the day it arrives? Roll Eyes

It's a check. Don't cash it.

I’m on direct deposit. It’ll be automatic.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post