SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your screen name, how/why did you choose it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your screen name, how/why did you choose it? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
selogic --- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories logic program . From one of my previous lives . ( Before I retired )

Posts: 4057 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
ftttu = Far Too Technical To Understand

At star parties, my buddies and I would be asked so way out questions from UFOs to who knows what else, so our response would be "now that is just far too technical to understand." It became a running inside joke, which my buddies and I would shorten to ftttu when dealing with kook questions.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1174 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a fan of formula 1 for years. In the early 60’s Stirling Moss was a top driver. He drove for a team that won constructor championship......Vanwall.

Vanwall was a motor racing team and racing car constructor that was active in Formula One during the 1950s. Founded by Tony Vandervell, the Vanwall name was derived by combining the name of the team owner with that of his Thinwall bearings produced at the Vandervell Products factory at Acton, London.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Wasn't paying attention when I signed up and thought I was inputting a password. Used my granddaughter's nickname and birthday. Oh well, I think of her each time I sign in Smile

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

crazy jarhead next door . . . He move to Louisiana after he got out of prison for shooting a cop.
Eek

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
I have been a fan of formula 1 for years. In the early 60’s Stirling Moss was a top driver. He drove for a team that won constructor championship......Vanwall.

Vanwall was a motor racing team and racing car constructor that was active in Formula One during the 1950s. Founded by Tony Vandervell, the Vanwall name was derived by combining the name of the team owner with that of his Thinwall bearings produced at the Vandervell Products factory at Acton, London.

BTW, Stirling Moss's 90th birthday today.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My FD #. Since retired,

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I chose H&K-Guy because Parabellum was already taken...

Seriously, I had already spent some time over on another unnamed forum that deals strictly with the professional user who likes all things HK, and that was my handle. 20 years ago, I started migrating to other boards, and I carried the username from there.

Funny, since now there are far more Sigs in my collection than HKs.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Seacliff aka DSV4. Worked on her and later had employees work on her. Sister was DSV Turtle.
At time deepest diving Manned vehicle around.
20k certified.

And while in the Navy once did work for Trieste II.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Got my big girl
breeches on!
Picture of coffeeaddict
posted Hide Post
I am addicted to coffee.

http://dressageonthequarter.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1926 | Location: TN | Registered: December 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My first Sig.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoatlift= lifting of clear coat when flash off or hand slick time (usually 15 min to a 1/2 hour)between clear coats is exceeded. Recoatlift times vary with temp, air movement & solvent penetration into the base coat. Remedy, strip, bake, or sand. Re-do. Not fun & costly to shop.

When you start to color and clear. Work until the job is done. No breaks, no lunch, just work til yor’re done.

If you watch any of the restoration shows, that painter will work into the night rather than have a recoatlift, don’t ask me how I know. My explanation will soak up bandwidth.Smile

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I was in Mortuary School in Cincinnati when one of the guys named me Big City since I was from the "big city" of Baltimore...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Back when I had just one Sig P220 in .45 and only two in .38 Super.

I got a few more since then. Wink

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
My engineering degree.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Owned a military blazer, the M1009. Fun to drive, kind of miss it. Can’t get one in decent shape anymore without paying through the nose now.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I am a Calvin and Hobbs fan. When I first started venturing onto the web, I went by Spiff, Spaceman Spiff, or SMSpiff depending on where and if others had already taken Spiff. At the time of signing up, life had pretty well spun 180, so I chose ffips.

As Spiff people constantly asked about spliff and as ffips, a few have asked if there is a Linux connection (fips).

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got tired of coming up with a different screen name for every website I wanted to join. I came up with this one because I used to get called Buck every once in a while. Couple that with my last name being Rogers and I like to play with words a little. Most people don't get it's supposed to be Buck Rogers in the 21st Century Wink

It's also my YouTube channels label.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Short version of my last name, and the Nickname everyone called me since HS.. so here it is again.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
SSgt, USMC 1977-1985 and a veteran

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post