SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your screen name, how/why did you choose it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your screen name, how/why did you choose it? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I lived in Salt Lake from 78 through 86. That's where I took up deer hunting and I was very gung ho about it. The locals that I worked with had hunted forever and I guess they thought I was a bit weird? I worked for Phillips Petroleum Company and we would take off the Friday before the start of hunting on a Saturday and not even put it down as vacation. In Utah you are expected to go hunting! We even used company vehicles and never thought about asking permission...just did it.

Around the office we would start "talking it up" at least a month before season and were locked and loaded when opening day came about. The old veterans that I hunted with soon started calling me Gutpile Charlie and the name has stuck ever since.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gutpile Charlie,

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I retired from the Marine Corps as a Master Sergeant. The nick name for Master Sergeant is Top (RETTOP).

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My name is Mike and I lived in NC when I joined, never thought Id move to anywhere else....silly me.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Easy, my name is Theodore.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It was my SASS alias. Inspired by the fact I owned a hay farm.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
hjs are the initials of an alias I used many years ago to mess with telemarketers and others who had no business knowing my real name. 157 is simply a former street address. Together they became my internet identity.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I was brand new to forums and hadn't paid any attention to user names. When I signed up I just put my initials (SR).

One might say I was not imaginative... perhaps one of the reasons I've never come up with a CUT that I really liked.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Well, NC are my initials. And I am not as big as a couple folks here (only 6'6") and I am trying to carry less fat. But I am not LilNC. That is my wife's handle at 5'0" and 100 lbs. Smile

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot 9mm 1911s in IDPA back when .45acp still ruled. Before I discovered Sig P226s, I showed up at matches frequently with a new 1911, each one chambered in 9mm, trying to find one I really liked. Match Director started calling me "Mr. 9mm" as a dig at my choice of an obviously inferior caliber in an otherwise perfect platform. I thought it was funny that anyone would be so offended by my personal choice of platform and caliber. Still do Big Grin

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
When my two sons were little guys, they called me Daddy which then became Dad as they got a bit older. This somehow morphed (for reasons none of us remember) into Dan. Dan is not my name so I asked them what that had to do with being their father - their response was that I became "Father Dan," (not a Priest! Smile ), shortened to Fdan as a screen name.

Posts: 1987 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
It’s what I’ve been for the last 66 years.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I moved int my home in July 1965 and there was this crazy jarhead next door that like gunsmoke.Next thing you know we were going to the river every Sunday practicing with our six guns.
He move to Louisiana after he got out of prison for shooting a cop.
I lost interest in western rigs and sold it.
Got hooked on colt commander and when Vero 8 got me interested here I picked my favorite caliber for a handle.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
My first Sig was a black P229R. Phantom for the dark and mysterious.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of wreckdiving in Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Tobermory, Canada and Florida earned it for me.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My original and only Sig back when I signed up here.
There was lots of discussion of them at the time because the importers were selling them reasonably cheap. They were usually referred to as Canadian Sig's due to a bunch going into Canada although I don't think mine came through there (PW Arms).

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Got the nickname Tiny back in 1986 when stationed at Pease AFB NH. Used it for other forums (like patch collecting and such). When I registered here, used it and got the message "already in use" so added man.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It was the name I was given by my Club Brothers.
In a traditional motorcycle club names are given not chosen... supposed to be based on an action , or character quirk , etc;

I have no idea why mine was chosen ! Wink

So I just added the biker to my club name and , volia !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A long time ago I did some writing for a Role Playing Game. I wrote a book and some other stuff for them.

One of my creations was a CyberSlinger basically a Cybernetic Gunslinger if you will or a wait for it .......... Cslinger.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Mine came from my last name and a nickname I was given when I was a wrestler.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I choose mine because could not think of a good name when I was registering for this site. Just so happens i was eating a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich. Big Grin

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post