SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your screen name, how/why did you choose it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your screen name, how/why did you choose it? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Because I am utterly unoriginal, was ignorant in the ways of the internet, tend towards reticence and puritanism in my public presentation, and it's the name my parents gave me.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My field training officers were debating what to call me. My last name is Chow. I had the option of being called Chow Main or Chowser so I chose Chowser.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Simple, Inused to review computer games for a magazine, my first review came 2 weeks after the airing of Treasure Island, starring Charleston Heston.

Well, I figured Blind Pew wasn’t the best handle for a flight sim (Sierra Desert war beta) so, I settled on Billy Bones.

That is my gaming handle back in the day.

I became real good, a clan slayer... then came Meadl of Honor... I was banned from a bunch of gaming servers due to my awesomeness... nope never cheated, I have very fast eye-hand coordination, most of which was developed during quick-draw.

Gamers would recognize the name, indicate to the admin I was a cheater and goes down-hill after that.

Anyhow, I digress.

That is how I have my handle.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I joined the forum right out of the Marines. Instead of being addressed by my actual Hispanic last name, they shortened it to Benny and that was my name on the job, even though in civilian life I went by Tony.

At the time, I was married with 4 kids, so 6 members in my family. benny6.

A year later, I was divorced and registered new forum usernames to TonyBen.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My field training officers were debating what to call me. My last name is Chow. I had the option of being called Chow Main or Chowser so I chose Chowser.
I was thinking it was because you were a sergeant. As in Chow Ser.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I was in trade school for auto body when I joined. I can still bend a fender.

And I always thought you were a guitar slinger. Big Grin

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I moved to Idaho in 1997 and I like guns.

Posts: 104 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
I moved to Idaho in 1997 and I like guns.

We used to make spud guns back when I was a kid, more like spud cannons.
4” PVC end cap and 18”. Add a 4” to 2” reducer. 5’ of 2” PVC barrel. Put a Coleman lantern striker in the middle of the 18” section.
Open the 4” screw cap and spray the square in the cap full of starting fluid (ether). Screw on and swirl around. Push a spud down the barrel with a broomstick. Aim and spin the striker.

It’s a miracle we didn’t blow ourselves up, but my oh my, it would launch a tator well over 100 yards.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too built DIY artillery. Mine shot tennis balls. Which, if soaked with lighter fluid, would ignite upon firing.
Incendiary projectiles!
I was beloved by all in my neighborhood!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
just my middle name

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I used to coon hunt, which is where the Hound comes from. Dawg is a nickname for my alma mater's team. Mix the two together and it makes Houndawg.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I was in trade school for auto body when I joined. I can still bend a fender.

And I always thought you were a guitar slinger. Big Grin

That was my assumption, as well. When I was a teenager, my older brother used Fender Dual-Showman cabinets, and he earned the nick name of "Fender Bender." Of course, as time wore on, he graduated to Marshall cabinets with the 25 watt greenbacks installed.

He and I had a lot of discussions about sound reinforcement. He would try to encourage me to use speakers that would distort to compliment my sound, and I would try to tell him that speaker distortion is only something to appreciate as a guitarist - not as a keyboard player! I will always miss him.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not really sure how I got it. When I joined this forum, I was already a member on a guitar pedal builders forum and this was the screen name I had there. I figured it was easy just to use that one instead of coming up with a new one.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Courtesy of Olin Corporation®

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My Army radio call sign

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I have handguns that I call hand cannons (think T/C Contender or Encore). These both have large percussions. I.E. Thunder/Odin

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
That was my call sign back when I registered.
The CUT refers not only to facial hair, but to my location as well...

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Courtesy of Olin Corporation®

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by remsig:
I hate my username.

I dig your username!

Thank you sir. I like your user name much better than mine Cool

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
A reference to one of my favorite bands. Type O Negative.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post