SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your screen name, how/why did you choose it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your screen name, how/why did you choose it? Login/Join 
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Aviation-speak for "229R".

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
My first Sig was an M11 (P228) loaned to me by an FBI agent during my first deployment, even though I trained with the M9. Never looked back.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Back when I was an active volunteer fire fighter in New Jersey I was an operator/engineer on our ladder truck.
At the time the designation for the ladder was "Ladder 71" or "71 Truck"
I liked the way 71 Truck sounded so that was what I chose. I also use 71 Truck on several other forums.
My avatar is a picture of the leather helmet I wore with the 71 in white numbers on a red panel on a black shield. That set up designates truck company.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2572 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Lost my hair. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Actually one of my sons suggested the handle for a personalized license plate on my S2000 years ago. It stuck and has rolled into a screen name as well. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Pretty obvious in my case – my avatar is a good hint. Currently puffing a mixture of Capstan Medium and Solani Aged Burley Flake in my old Kirsten Mariner.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Mine was the name of our fishing boat that I worked on as a much younger man, it was actually FV Yellow Bird, but I was in a hurry and wasn’t sure if you could do caps and spaces. Always wish I had done it correctly. Btw, fv = Fishing Vessel. The (now) Yellowbird still is fishing up on Cape Cod but for a new owner.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
lbj = little brown jug.

He was my one eyed pirate Lhasa Apso 1987-1995.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
When my son was young he was absolutely fascinated by the term and used it continuously. For a couple years there it seemed as if the thing I heard most from him was, "That's a big deal daddy". Given he's almost 22 now, I miss those days. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Back when I registered over 16 years ago, my daughter was a big fan of the animated TV show The Powerpuff Girls. I used to watch it with her. On the show, Mojo Jojo is an evil anthropomorphic ape, a supervillain and is the number 1 archenemy of The Powerpuff Girls! He is very redundant, and often states the obvious.

Due to my "protective" nature with my daughter she probably often thought of me as an archenemy at times. That, and given that I know that I was redundant and stated the obvious to her, it seemed fitting. (not as cool as sigmonkey, but still...)

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6731 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My screen name is the abbreviation for the Army Aviation platoon/shops I worked in during my Army career: Armament. I'm a guy.

Pretty simple.

Also, on the ground side, I often worked with the small arms repair shop folks when it was time for annual gaging and/or in-depth small arms maintenance, training, etc. Their shops are usually called 'Armament shops'.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Harley Alphabet for Roadking, I still own a 95 Roadking.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Redskins fan. #28 Darrell Green #81 Art Monk.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
My name is Allen, and I live in West Virginia. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
A Sigalert is a traffic condition on a California Freeways designated by the CHP. Seeing as I'm stuck in Los Angeles, it seemed fitting.

(LBJ, that pic is awesome!)

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Jaycat= category J (the old official classification) = CA prison slang for a crazy person.....ie... "that dude be cattin' out!"

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Residents of that region are called Yoopers and I have Sigs and this is a Sig forum.
Disclaimer:
Native Yoopers may object to my use of the term Yooper to describe myself as I am in fact a Troll.
But I self identify as a Yooper. Which you can do now, I understand.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
First car I ever bought in 1988 or 1989. My father and I did a full frame off restoration to it. I still have it and it sits in my garage. I also have a 69 GTO and 1967 4-4-2 convertible that are waiting for a big pile of money to fall on me.

My 67...

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was my impression the first time I flew the CF-104D on my 56th birthday!

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
When I registered for eBay, I thought it was funny, as Honest John in Pinocchio was anything but honest. My boys must have been little then for me to be familiar with Pinocchio. Been using it ever since.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I hate mine.

I chose it based on a Piers Anthony book about a regular guy killing death and having to assume his duties. But I realized most people probably assume I’m trying to sound like a badass or something.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post