SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is truly insidious behavior on the part of the democrats.

As angry as I am and I'm sure all you are, I can only imagine what is going through Kavanaugh’s mind. His poor daughters are getting a nice lesson on just how vile the left is.

Hopefully, my own daughters, and the daughters of millions of others across the country are also getting a nice lesson on just how vile the left is.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I like the letter. Never Surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!

Just like William B. Travis, whose memory is still revered in these parts.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the things I've been wondering is what in the world was Ford thinking? Did she think this was going to be easy, and that Kavanaugh would just roll over and cave? She's bringing an action that threatens everything he has, everything he is, and probably most of what he wants in life. She's bringing it to a man of obvious character and very considerable achievement in the very arena in which this will play out; he's been a lawyer and a federal judge, for crying out loud, and knows the game inside and out. He's demonstrably brilliant and clear-thinking, and decisively articulate. And she's bringing something that wouldn't make it past a lowly prosecutor's office for a criminal charge due to lack of substance, evidence, witness verification and on and on, not to mention being way past the statute of limitations. What was she thinking? What did they tell her to convince her it was a good idea?

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate Judge Kavanaugh standing up to do what is right and not back down despite the hideous insults to which he and his family are being subjected. He had to know and expect that the Democrats would pull out all of the stops, but I really feel for his wife and daughters, who didn't ask for this. I'm praying for them all.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
One of the things I've been wondering is what in the world was Ford thinking? Did she think this was going to be easy, and that Kavanaugh would just roll over and cave? She's bringing an action that threatens everything he has, everything he is, and probably most of what he wants in life.

Nice example of "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Especially applicable when you underestimate your opponent, like in this case.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
What was she thinking? What did they tell her to convince her it was a good idea?

She was told she had to do it for the "sisterhood"... and she's obviously having second thoughts. I still don't think she will actually testify.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the things I've been wondering is what in the world was Ford thinking? Did she think this was going to be easy, and that Kavanaugh would just roll over and cave? She's bringing an action that threatens everything he has, everything he is, and probably most of what he wants in life. She's bringing it to a man of obvious character and very considerable achievement in the very arena in which this will play out; he's been a lawyer and a federal judge, for crying out loud, and knows the game inside and out. He's demonstrably brilliant and clear-thinking, and decisively articulate. And she's bringing something that wouldn't make it past a lowly prosecutor's office for a criminal charge due to lack of substance, evidence, witness verification and on and on, not to mention being way past the statute of limitations. What was she thinking? What did they tell her to convince her it was a good idea?

The simple answer could very well be: she is just not very bright.

Dull minded people get talked into stupid shit every day.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
One of the things I've been wondering is what in the world was Ford thinking? Did she think this was going to be easy, and that Kavanaugh would just roll over and cave? She's bringing an action that threatens everything he has, everything he is, and probably most of what he wants in life.

Nice example of "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Especially applicable when you underestimate your opponent, like in this case.

It worked in Alabama against Moore.....where did his accusers disappear to after the election??? at this point I am totally surprised that only one other accuser has come forth.

The left wants campaign videos of white male Repub Senators going after a poor woman who was the victim of a sexual assault. They don't get that if women are asking the tough questions.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GOP needs to handle this correctly if not they risk losing a lot of the female vote. They need to treat her with respect and hear her story. Once they prove she is fabricating the story, then they need to hammer her and make her an example.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
McConnell just said on the Senate floor that there will be a vote of the full Senate, up or down.

This after detailing the outrages and indignities and perfidy of the Democrats. He sounded serious!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
The simple answer could very well be: she is just not very bright.

Dull minded people get talked into stupid shit every day.

Yup. It's not the smart ones that strap on the suicide vests.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
If and when Kavanaugh is on the supreme court, he will be there with bitter memories of how the Dems treated him. When certain issues come before him, he may have little trust in what Dem litigants say, and rule accordingly.

I also see these shenanigans going against the the Dems in the midterm elections.

If he ruled in that manner, it's a million times worse than drunkenly whipping his Dick out at a party and doesn't deserve a seat on the court. I am quite sure he doesn't let petty partisan crap sway his voting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Christine Blasey Ford ltr to Grassley 22 Sep 2018

has Brett Kavanaugh received "fair and respectful treatment" ? By any DEM senator ? By any of the 200 plus screaming protesters ?

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I ask for fair and respectful treatment"?

What is the point of this letter?
She says nothing new. And does anyone think it wasn't written by her lawyers?

-rduckwor

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
"I ask for fair and respectful treatment"?

What is the point of this letter?
She says nothing new. And does anyone think it wasn't written by her lawyers?

She had nothing whatsoever to do with the writing of that letter, apart from signing it.

No good bitch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Did she write that letter while on her cross-country road trip?
Or has she suddenly overcome her fear of flying? Roll Eyes

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
So what is alleged that Mark Judge did to her? What is she accusing him of?

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
McConnell just said on the Senate floor that there will be a vote of the full Senate, up or down.

This after detailing the outrages and indignities and perfidy of the Democrats. He sounded serious!

NOW, I like the sounds of this!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Brett Kavanaugh and his wife will be on with Martha McCallum tonight for an interview at 7pm.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post