SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Do you guys think kav will be confirmed Now?

Yes or no

Posts: 3485 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I like the cut of his jib-
...and Trump has shown extreme confidence in the last couple of days.

One thing about Trump, is that he is usually 2-3 steps ahead of the Dems. He is not intimidated, and is going after these crooks.

-c1steve

Posts: 4086 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:

Yes or no

Have you been reading this thread? Yes or no? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26779 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes or no

Absolutely. (Yes, if absolutely isn't good enough.)

I just hope that all the Dims vote "NO" so that the maximum number of them get crucified in the midterm elections.

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I vote no
to Blasey Ford being confirmed to the Supreme Court.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
Kavanaugh will be confirmed. Then the fireworks startBig Grin

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes - I’m not sure what else Trump can do to prove to the non—believers here that he’s not just some chump who was lucky to win in 2016.

He didn’t get where he is in life by just letting things happen. I imagine he’s managing 3-12 months in advance, it not further out. He has information on people that is likely unrivaled from his years of watching the political process.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 226Reasons:
Kavanaugh will be confirmed. Then the fireworks startBig Grin
Ginsburg will be ‘interesting’ to say the least.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If after that "clarification" of Dems' whatever-it-takes-to-win tactics the Dems still take the House then we are truly a pussified nation.

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
These excerpts are promising...

Authorities in Maryland on Friday said they were prepared to conduct a state-level criminal investigation into sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh -- provided that a victim comes forward.

The disclosure by Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger and Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy came Friday, the same day that President Trump ordered the FBI to conduct a limited "supplemental" investigation.

But Manger and McCarthy noted that prosecution was unlikely in Maryland because authorities would have to apply the law that existed at the time of the offense, not the law that exists now, Baltimore's FOX 45 News reported.

“For example, in 1982, assault and attempted rape were both misdemeanors and subject to a one-year statute of limitations,” they wrote.

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politic...files-complaint.html

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Maryland legislators, all Democrats, wanted to have authorities investigate the claims against Judge Kavanaugh and felt that they had standing as a third party to initiate an investigation. WRONG!

Posts: 6669 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post

Saw this on twitter, if true...

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Maryland legislators, all Democrats, wanted to have authorities investigate the claims against Judge Kavanaugh and felt that they had standing as a third party to initiate an investigation. WRONG!
These are some seriously stupid people if they actually believed that.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

they're elected by the people of MD - they're not that bright to begin with

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
My wife, who is very good at forming her own opinions and drawing her own conclusions, said she felt Ford was a total fake with her wounded bird, little valley girl routine. After listening to Judge Kavanaugh’s statement to the Judiciary Committee, she shook her head and said the Democrat members should crawl back under the rocks from whence they came.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"I feel portraying her as much of a victim as Kavanaugh due to the Democrats power lust is a damn smart move"

and there's the rub

The REPs have a tough election in about 5 weeks time.

More women vote than men. Many women have been intuitively sympathetic w Ford.

The REPs may have to win the immediate battle, and then settle w the guilty after the election.
Make no mistake. Those in tight races are looking at polling numbers, and trying to figure out what course will save their own hides. That's what politicians, on both sides do, and always have done.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes or no

Yes, I think he will... but I'm only at a 60/40 confidence level.
Flake is such a flake... and I think his opportunity to capitalize on his Senate seat would require a no vote.
I actually think Collins/ Murkowski will vote yes.

quote:
Those in tight races are looking at polling numbers, and trying to figure out what course will save their own hides. That's what politicians, on both sides do, and always have done.

Judge Kavanaugh has lost ground in the polls, which will give cover to wavering Democrats in tight races. He only needs Republicans... but can only afford to lose ONE.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24272 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The cockroach has returned Roll Eyes

Fired FBI director James Comey has once again returned to the spotlight, this time in the form of an op-ed published the New York Times where Comey argues that the FBI will have no problem investigating decades-old allegations against Brett Kavanaugh in the next week.

In the opinion piece, titled, “James Comey: The F.B.I. Can Do This,” Comey urges Americans to put their trust in the FBI as they seek to investigate uncorroborated sexual misconduct claims against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“President Trump’s decision to order a one-week investigation into sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh, his Supreme Court nominee, comes in a time of almost indescribable pain and anger, lies and attacks,” Comey writes.

He continues by listing his grievances against President Trump and Brett Kavanaugh, then blaming Republican voters for not sharing his opinions on the two men.

We live in a world where the president routinely attacks the F.B.I. because he fears its work. He calls for his enemies to be prosecuted and his friends freed. We also live in a world where a sitting federal judge channels the president by shouting attacks at the Senate committee considering his nomination and demanding to know if a respected senator has ever passed out from drinking. We live in a world where the president is an accused serial abuser of women, who was caught on tape bragging about his ability to assault women and now likens the accusations against his nominee to the many “false” accusations against him.

Most disturbingly, we live in a world where millions of Republicans and their representatives think nearly everything in the previous paragraph is O.K.

Comey, who has attempted to make himself into a nonpartisan hero, is now attacking Republican voters for not being sufficiently bothered by Kavanaugh “shouting attacks at the Senate committee,” never mind the fact that he just had to endure a week of utter hell as his name and reputation was destroyed, he was relentlessly smeared in the media, and his family received violent messages and threats.

No, the real victim here is the poor members of the Senate, because Kavanaugh occasionally raised his voice to protest the vile attacks against him.

The fired FBI director’s real point in penning this article, however, is to assure the liberal readership of the Times that if nothing else has stopped Kavanaugh’s confirmation, the FBI can.

Comey is literally bragging about how the FBI has the power to do the Democrats’ dirty work for them and stop Kavanaugh’s confirmation. “Although the process is deeply flawed, and apparently designed to thwart the fact-gathering process, the F.B.I. is up for this. It’s not as hard as Republicans hope it will be.”

Comey then brags about the FBI’s power, writing that it can “speak to scores of people in a few days,” “confront people with testimony and other accounts,” and “[test] them and [push] them in a professional way.”

“Yes, the alleged incident occurred 36 years ago. But F.B.I. agents know time has very little to do with memory,” Comey writes, citing the fact that people always remember how the weather is on their wedding day, seemingly comparing getting married to attending a drunken teenage party.

Comey then writes that FBI agents know that “little lies point to bigger lies” and then accuses Kavanaugh of “obvious lies…about the meaning of words in a yearbook.”

In the final paragraph, Comey concludes the op-ed with a barely veiled warning.

Once they start interviewing, every witness knows the consequences. It is one thing to have your lawyer submit a statement on your behalf. It is a very different thing to sit across from two F.B.I. special agents and answer their relentless questions. Of course, the bureau won’t have subpoena power, only the ability to knock on doors and ask questions. But most people will speak to them. Refusal to do so is its own kind of statement.

There are a number of reasons why someone approached by the FBI wouldn’t want to submit to, as Comey himself says, “relentless” questioning. Chief among them would be the fact that many people honestly do not remember what occurred 36 years ago and don’t want to talk to FBI agents about their hazy memories of high school parties that occurred over three decades ago.

But it’s impossible to read what Comey wrote and not think that there’s a more sinister implication–if you don’t want to talk to the FBI, maybe you have something to hide.

We are now in full-on totalitarian “nothing to hide, nothing to fear” territory. The left will clearly stop at nothing to destroy Kavanaugh–let’s hope their dirty tactics don’t work.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...rica-from-kavanaugh/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once they start interviewing, every witness knows the consequences. It is one thing to have your lawyer submit a statement on your behalf. It is a very different thing to sit across from two F.B.I. special agents and answer their relentless questions. Of course, the bureau won’t have subpoena power, only the ability to knock on doors and ask questions. But most people will speak to them. Refusal to do so is its own kind of statement.
Given this type of probe and the FBI's 'questionable' ethics in the past few years, I wouldn't talk to these clowns about anything.

Comey's quite the attention whore and narcissist isn't he? Just go away Jim. your 15 minutes were over a long time ago.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We live in a world where the president routinely attacks the F.B.I. because he fears its work. He calls for his enemies to be prosecuted and his friends freed. We also live in a world where a sitting federal judge channels the president by shouting attacks at the Senate committee considering his nomination and demanding to know if a respected senator has ever passed out from drinking. We live in a world where the president is an accused serial abuser of women, who was caught on tape bragging about his ability to assault women and now likens the accusations against his nominee to the many “false” accusations against him.

Most disturbingly, we live in a world where millions of Republicans and their representatives think nearly everything in the previous paragraph is O.K.

Sorry, Mr. Comey... but we must live in different worlds.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24272 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post