SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Is it me or has this story fallen off the news cycle with rapidity?

After Connecticut it seemed like months of media coverage.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

It is not just you. I noticed as well.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

Couple of points on this I have been considering:

-Connecticut was children so that was particularly heinous
-Vegas was a whole bunch of out-of-towners, lots of them went home so the story was diffused vs. centralized to a community
-Connecticut is a hot-bed on anti-gun sentiment so the shooting there was a flag they could wave in the center of the NE media circus
-Nevada is sensibly pro-gun so the anti's don't / can't get the same kind of traction
-we had BHO as the President the media thought they could cajole into tigher restrictions; not so with DJT
-there really isn't much else to say about Vegas: lunatic loner gets a bunch of guns, holes up, shoots down at a concert, then kills himself

Regarding Campos - has his legal status re. immigration been confirmed?

------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ya, definitely noticed this. Even on Facebook, when in the past, events like this would clog up my news feed, arguments, etc...not much at all.

Maybe everyone is just exhausted from the whole bout of election negativity?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they ran out of "sensible" ideas.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
He may be a lefty. Trust me if he had been a right winger, it would be perpetual headlines. I remember when they thought the theatre shooter was a tea party member, all the networks reported with glee.
When they found out opposite, it started to pull back rather quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
quote:

-Vegas was a whole bunch of out-of-towners, lots of them went home so the story was diffused vs. centralized to a community
-Connecticut is a hot-bed on anti-gun sentiment so the shooting there was a flag they could wave in the center of the NE media circus
-Nevada is sensibly pro-gun so the anti's don't / can't get the same kind of traction
-we had BHO as the President the media thought they could cajole into tigher restrictions; not so with DJT
-there really isn't much else to say about Vegas: lunatic loner gets a bunch of guns, holes up, shoots down at a concert, then kills himself

Our attention span as Americans is shortening.

Excuse me, DWTS or the kardashian whores are on - must watch.
OOOHHH, LOOK Shiny! Eek

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Report This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Campos has just disappeared. Due to go on talking news shows like Hannity in 2 hours but poof...gone and hasn't been heard from in 4 days now. Arkancide in the desert?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree it has fallen off of the media radar, but I think that is because there was no progress being made on the Leftist agenda the way there was with Sandy Hook. I can guarantee you that if the election had gone the other way, we'd be pounded with propaganda and opinion to move the agenda. With a Rep controlled congress and Trump in the White House, there is no fuel for the tinder. I predict we'll see bumpstock prices cave as well as other devices.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
It's weird, all the sudden them Dems have quieted down about gun control, I figured they would be pushing that as their # 1 priority for a lot longer than this.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
It's weird, all the sudden them Dems have quieted down about gun control, I figured they would be pushing that as their # 1 priority for a lot longer than this.

Not sure about that... several bills were introduced since early October- one looking to prohibit online ammo sales, another looking to prohibit magazines greater than 10 rounds, a third bill requiring reporting of more than 2 long guns purchased. There are some links in the Gun Control sub forum.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not to mention a lot of the nit-werk reporters and producers probably live in CT. So they could take the train, then drive a little bit, do their "stand in front of the scene and pout" bit for the cameras, and still be home in time for dinner.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Next Sheriff Lombardo disappears.
And the MSM shrugs and walks away.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the difference has to do with two things primarily. The first you mentioned and that is decentralized victim pool, they all got shot in Vegas but the affected loved ones are scattered all over the country. The second is that Vegas has a very vested interest in moving on as quickly as possible. No municipal benefit or responsibility to hold vigils, come together, place wreaths, etc.... Most victims were not local and they want this to be forgotten asap so the next plane loads of tourist are not reminded of what happened or worse, don't come at all.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
He may be a lefty. Trust me if he had been a right winger, it would be perpetual headlines.
So, it can't be that the guy really wasn't interested in politics. No, because no evidence of his political leanings have been discovered, the guy must have been a "lefty" because the news media is saying nothing about his political affiliations.

Will you kindly stop for a minute and think of the whacky thing you're suggesting? Any evidence about the guy is news. You think these brilliant "journalists" could suppress evidence like that so completely that it could not leak?

Here- try considering this radical idea- no evidence of the guy's political leanings has emerged because the guy didn't care about politics and wasn't politically active. No evidence has emerged- not because of some grand conspiracy- but because there is no such evidence.

Hello??

McFly???

There's no conspiracy, before or after the fact, and the guy just wanted to kill people and be remembered for it.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

My god, please keep up. Harvey Weinstein couldn't keep it in his pants. That story is far more important than trying to get to the bottom of why 50+ people were senselessly gunned down in Vegas. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.reviewjournal.com/...ion-of-jesus-campos/

MGM told the Review-Journal in a Tuesday email:

“Jesus Campos wants to tell his story at a time and place of his choosing. He’s asked that everyone respect his request for privacy. We could not be more proud of Jesus.”

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
They're starting to worry about the 2018 elections and don't want to push too hard on gun control--too many Dems are running in states that went for Trump.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.reviewjournal.com/...ion-of-jesus-campos/

MGM told the Review-Journal in a Tuesday email:

“Jesus Campos wants to tell his story at a time and place of his choosing. He’s asked that everyone respect his request for privacy. We could not be more proud of Jesus.”

So he's planning a come to Jesus meeting?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post