SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Did you listen to it? The video is constant

Yes, I did. Twice.

You don't know when he started the video. I'm saying he didn't start the video before the first shots were fired. How could he unless he knew when it was going to happen? He wasn't just driving around taking video and happened to capture the whole thing. If you accept that, then you can't say the first shots you hear on the video are not echoes and thus muted. In subsequent bursts of fire, you can hear the shots and their muted echoes fairly clearly.

The difference in volume of the report is not just at the beginning it’s through out the video, and the taxis cab driver identified herself as a female. You can see that the he video is continuously running, you will hear shots from a distance then you will hear shots fired close by.

Could very well have to do with the proximity of the muzzle to the open window. Also, the shape of that building would effect the sound as well.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Some of the media and politicians are getting more quiet about the massacre.

Something is coming out about the shooter in the coming days.
My thinking is evidence will emerge that he is an avid and known anti Trumper.

Wait and watch.

Please, please, please.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sorry, which theory are we working on now?

I believe we have moved into rifle report ventriloquism theory, you know those evil assault rifles can now throw their report to confuse everyone. It's the next best thing to a super hushifying silencer.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
i think we’re keeping an open mind?

Looks like a solo psychopath. But my only knowledge comes from the news, and their reportage has been suspect recently. Ergo, anything is possible.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm not liking one of the results of this. NBC news just showed hotel security searching through guest bags as they entered the hotel. I travel a lot and I'm not sure I like the idea of someone pawing through my backpack and roller board to keep their hotel safe from a psycho.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37964 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm not liking one of the results of this. NBC news just showed hotel security searching through guest bags as they entered the hotel. I travel a lot and I'm not sure I like the idea of someone pawing through my backpack and roller board to keep their hotel safe from a psycho.

Maybe you could wear a sign, “I am not a psycho.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Well I asked a friend a Vet experiencing Vietnam he said a sweep and different angles would affect the sound that much. Move on there is nothing else to see here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Great. About what?

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I asked a friend a Vet experiencing Vietnam he said a sweep and different angles would affect the sound that much. Move on there is nothing else to see here.

Makes sense.

And yeah, the day that hotels turn into the TSA is the day I stop staying in hotels.

Seriously, this is nuts. And I think I heard that the Wynn hotel may be putting in metal detectors now because of this or something? I won't stay in any hotel that subjects me to that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm still working on this:

http://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Grand_Conspiracy

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Great. About what?

Motivation behind this shooting? Maybe I’m misunderstanding the discussion, wouldn’t be the first time.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the discussion, wouldn’t be the first time.
Me too

Who is it that's keeping an open mind? I see plenty of members posting in this thread who have formed opinions about what really happened.
I've stated that I believe that the guy was simply insane and that no identifiable motive will ever be discovered. When you think about it, my theory is the one closest to the facts as we know them.

I have to excuse myself from the 'open mind' crowd. If others are being honest, I believe that they, too, could not claim open-mindedness, so I'm not quite sure what we're talking about right now. Certainly, there are people out there who see something like this and their mind is a clean slate, though I'd estimate that they are few and far between. With what we've seen over the past couple of days, I'm not so sure anyone should have an open mind about it.

BTW, I had asked which conspiracy theory we're now discussing, but we kinda got off on a tangent.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Valium is not an antidepressant.

To be specific, Paddock was on Diazepam, first marketed as Valium.
From Wikipedia --
Common side effects include sleepiness and trouble with coordination. Serious side effects are rare. They include suicide, decreased breathing, and an increased risk of seizures if used too frequently in those with epilepsy. Occasionally excitement or agitation may occur. Long term use can result in tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal symptoms on dose reduction. Abrupt stopping after long-term use can be potentially dangerous. After stopping, cognitive problems may persist for six months or longer.
However classified, it can be a problem.

{{coughcoughBULLSHITcough cough}}
Medical facts in Wikipedia = Firearm facts in the NY Times.
You may find one but you'll be neck deep in BS before you do. Valium is a benzo. Guess what you use to stop a seizure? Benzo.
He had a Valium RX. So what?

The. Guy. Was. Fucking. Nuts.
Whatever his "motivation", he was fucking crazy.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Girlfriend knows nothing. Color me surprised.
RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The left wing criminal medial just couldn't contain themselves to start taking pot shots.

Then comes the fake apology after they made their sick point as they celebrate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s-Vegas-cartoon.html

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taxi cab video

Ok here is a full video from the taxi cab driver for you to listen to and watch

Things to note gun fire close by then far away. I at first well that was just an echo.

But if you keep listening to it you hen first hear shots in the distance then shots close by. Opposite of what would happen in an echo situation.

You have to be careful making conclusions when watching video. You are listening to audio playback in two dimensions only, and probably even only single channel. Take into account different windows, maybe even a different gun (muzzle break?), a different shooting position (back inside the room, or gun sticking out of the window?) etc and it all could drastically change the sound signature.
There are no other broken windows, doubtful there was a second shooter.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there two different caliber rifles used also?
.308 and 5.56 would sound totally different.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
There is a very informative video on Facebook meant for the gun control folks on easy modifications to make your semi-auto pistol and rifle into full auto. I suggest you check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/andy....ts/10204058661622357

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahaha!

"This here's a clip."

"Mil-spec butter knife."

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
There is a very informative video on Facebook meant for the gun control folks on easy modifications to make your semi-auto pistol and rifle into full auto. I suggest you check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/andy....ts/10204058661622357

The FBI is going to hate this guy when they start getting calls

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37964 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post