SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
lbj— I didn’t mean to suggest you had lung ca. I am/was a Respiratory Therapist. And I have some COPD. That’s the group of diseases that includes emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma. I also worked in a Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab program. My suggestions/observations are meant to help or at least give you some questions for the Docs.
My question about the maintenance antibiotic Z Pak was about preventing a problem before it happens. You take it every 6 weeks, well or not. But I’m sure your Docs are on top of everything. Being on a vent is no fun. I’ve been on one for 2 weeks. Started out as a cold I thought and went south quick. I quickly went septic and if it wasn’t for my strong heart I wouldn’t have made it. A lot of people get in trouble with a secondary lung infection or pneumonia.
My last oncology visit my Pox was 97%. Usually 94-95. That’s really misleading as my Pox drops as I exert myself.

Do you have a home Pulse Ox? There’s cheaper Chinese ones which probably work but if you ever go to get one, go with Nonin. Remember pulse ox’s are meant to measure trends in home use. So, Everyday you are 95, but today let’s say you don’t feel just right, coughing a little more and you are 93. And the next day it’s the same,and you really need some deep breaths to get it there. Use it as a tool to head things off at the pass. If you already have one great.
It really sounds like you have a handle on everything and are remaining positive. You have a great family and God on your side so what’s not to like.

I hope you aren’t taking this as my overstepping a boundary. A lung infection is something to be concerned about in an immuno compromised person.
And even though I don’t know you, I feel like I do. So I’ll say to you what I say to my friends I care about, love ya man.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
What's the old joke?

I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my great grandfather did and not like the screaming and panicked passengers riding in his car at the time.

Why do jokes like this always make me laugh?? Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Some jokes are just funny.

No, I wasn't offended or insinuating anything, just giving a description of how I am, that's all.

I have a pulmonary doctor, a nefrologist and an oncologist.
In other words, I have a lot of doctors.

I apparently have super mild COPD but do have allergic asthma.
We have cats and they are a major source of breathing problems for me.
There is no way we are getting rid of them.
But if we did, it would help a lot.
It would get rid of some itchy skin too.

I get monitored a lot ie blood pressure heart rate and O2.
When I exercise, I usually drop a point sometimes two but it rebounds quickly.

They say it happens to everyone but I am unsure if that's true.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
My guess is that if it means life or death, they don't worry about resistance and things in that they prescribe at will anyway.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Man, I am having a go of it the last few days.
It's like everything I touch turns ugly.
Life can be that way at times.

First was the not terrific CT scan.
Next, the antibiotics I am taking won't let me sleep.

Older daughter's purse was stolen along with her house key. That key is a slave key to the front door so I don't have to re-key the entire house.
I ran over curb next to me I didn't see while at the locksmith and knocked the alignment out.

Next up was dropping youngest daughter to pick up her car where it was being serviced. One the way home, a snow plow was coming at me obscured by a small hill. He was over the center line so I went right as far as I could and decreased speed quickly. The truck kicked up slush and rocks from it's rear tires and slathered the entire front end of my car and the drivers side to. The result is a couple chips to primer on the hood, and a few on the side as well as a destroyed windshield.

Oh and yesterday, I attempted to open the electric garage door and the sprocket drive broke off and careened across the garage.

I am warning everyone: Stay away from me so these types of bad things don't get you too.
They may be contagious.

Calling Dr. Colorchip.
Eventually Safelite too.

Sometimes worldly thing go like this, you know?

I guess I am not actually paranoid if the world really is out to get me. Ha!

All this reminds me of a movie where WC Fields is a carnival circus owner and is talking with someone.
He says:
"First the sword swallower gets tonsillitis.
Then the contortionist get rheumatism.
I hope nothing happens to that fan dancer, at least not until I get rid of this cold anyway.

Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
Though we watched all the WC Fields movies on channel 11 (in Dallas) and all the Marx Brothers movies (though I don't think you were a fan like me) I particularly enjoyed the WC Fields 33 rpm record you had.......and you did a pretty good impersonation of him while you were age 17.....yes, I remember.......

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I remember that record quite well, practically wore it out.

The latest grandson picture.
He's 20 months old and about 35lbs.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Today was infusion day. Number 70 something.
To brighten things up, here is a photo with guest appearance by Zeke the Cat.

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today was infusion day. Number 70 something.
To brighten things up, here is a photo with guest appearance by Zeke the Cat.

Great picture! That is such a fun age!

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Keep on keeping on, Tom Wigley...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
As I wrote today in a post to Charlie, you're always included lbj, I have followed from day 1 and sometimes cannot express into words how you have inspired hope to many living with this disease...I still fall short of expressing myself but thank you for your strength and spirit..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have followed from day 1 and sometimes cannot express into words how you have inspired hope to many living with this disease...I still fall short of expressing myself but thank you for your strength and spirit..

Well said and thank you for the update.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about my daughters today and wondered if I had had biological children in my life prior to them coming into my life, would I love them the same way I do now.

Obviously this means the "step" thing.

My fear is that I might look at them and or love differently in a mix of biologic and step kids.

The way my life worked out, I am sans any biologic children that I know about and therefore, the step part is out of the equation with regards to my daughters.

Such is a blessing.

I go to church twice a week every week and have since August, 2017.
At first, my mind would attempt all sorts of excuses on why I could just stay home and not go.
I would force myself to go and once there, each and every time I was glad I went.

As the months rolled by, things began to change.
It became easier to actually get ready and get in the car and go.

During the last year, I now look forward to attending and have no issues with mind games about not going.
Looking forward with eager anticipation as well as once there with a sense of belonging is really a good thing.

Such also is a blessing.

Praise God!

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
All this weight loss from the kidney cancer is a good thing.
As we have been told, the way is narrow.

Ha!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The original Hebrew is:

"The gate is tight, and the way is skinny."

Maybe...

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Brilliant!

While cancer doesn't make a lot of sense to me, there are advantages.
Not many, but the above is one.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking about my daughters today and wondered if I had had biological children in my life prior to them coming into my life, would I love them the same way I do now.

Obviously this means the "step" thing.

My fear is that I might look at them and or love differently in a mix of biologic and step kids.

Speaking as one who is in a similar situation, and who has a step-father, I can say with full confidence that it's all good. Nothing to worry about or stress over. It's the relationship itself that matters, and nothing else.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have often wondered about this.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Here is Miles launching the indoor helicopter.

And here is Miles watching the crash and associated carnage after bouncing it off the ceiling. I will say the cats scattered nicely from under the table.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post