SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Cool! Congrats!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most awesome Congratulations.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Congratulations!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yep, there's the one for one replacement for me in our family.
Very nice. The way it's supposed to be.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Gramps!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new little one. I'm not sure anyone can replace you, but I'm sure will be a welcome addition.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, yes, I am very happy.

By the way, I got call and ended up meeting sig2340 2 nights ago. Nice guy, build firearms, knows a lot.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
First off, let me thank everyone for their prayers for me and affirm once again my Christian faith and belief and acceptance that Christ died for my sins.

I saw the doctor this morning at 7AM.
She said the results of the CT scan exceeded expectations.

As we know, there will be no cure and no remission.
That said though, the lung tumors cannot be seen on the CT scan currently.

Basically with that said, today... we're dancing!

Exceeded expectations is always great.

I hope you don't mind a question as I'm also waiting for CT scan results on my lungs. I'm still under suspicion for lung cancer since last November. Several xrays, CTs and MRI and 2 kinds of biopsy procedure. They just see the mass in my lung. But the tests has so far come back no cancer. Other than the bout of coughing, difficulty breathing in the first 4 months, I don't feel sick at all. I got treated for fungal infection in my lungs and the expectation is the mass should be reduced or none at all.

When you say the lung tumors cannot be seen on the CT scan currently, that's basically saying if you don't see any then there mustn't be any, right? And I understand about what could or could not be drawn conclusively but I'm just asking straight. My experience is that if I ask my Doctor if it's raining and we were outside in the middle of the rainstorm, he's going to umm and ahh and hedge his bet and say, "Well, we can't be certain."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No that is not the case, unfortunately.

The words "cannot be seen at this time" were used deliberately by my doctor.
I knew exactly what she meant.

It means what is says in that something can be so small, the CT scan cannot pick it up.
It is possible my lung nodules are gone but that is unknown.
What we do know is they shrank so much we cannot see them currently.
Some cancer cells could and probably are present.

The same applies to my lymphs.
Almost all lymphs have shrunk to be normal size, but that does not mean the cancer cells are completely gone.
The lymphs that are larger than normal size did shrink 80%.

I hope your scan is good, and if the mass is a fungus, if they cannot see it, then something like that might very well be gone.
Cancer, not so much though it is possible.

Miracles do happen, sometimes right before our eyes... President Elect Trump.

I truly believe in Divine Intervention.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
The great week continues!!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing pix lbj, congrats to your family. OUTSTANDING! Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news lbj! Day by day, week by week, and yes miracles do occur. You are living proof!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Considering back in May when the other medication wasn't working, the glide path was dead sometime around Christmas if the Opdivo didn't work.

I've seen many corpses in my life, and I look better than most of them.
I really do. For now anyway.

Youngest daughter is getting transferred back to Colorado and will move in around December 1st.
Her boyfriend will not get transferred until just before the baby is born, at which time they will get their own place.

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:

And what is seen cannot be unseen.
My eyes!

Yes, I know.
The black thong "karma" is prominently displayed on the back wall of my garage, behind two,....no, wait, three recently installed sheets of drywall. Yet, the vision still remains..... Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Cool! Congratulations!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the glide path was dead sometime around Christmas if the Opdivo didn't work.

There's only one person I know who would use the above phrase.......laughing at "glide path".....and it's nice to laugh at it right now!

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the grandchild. I'm really happy for you.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It is gratifying to read about your good progress, LBJ. For what it is worth, you have been in my thoughts and personal prayers. I believe in divine intervention too and am grateful your glide path has been changed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the little one on the way.

Prayers sent for you and Daughter with child.

I have shared my story of my battle here and I would like to share another story.

My Boss’s wife was diagnosed with stage four Adenocarcinoma Lung Cancer and Stage one Brest Cancer a year after my Diagnosis. That was in 2010 for her.

She has been in active Chemo since then. The breast cancer is gone and the Adenocarcinoma is in remission. Per her CT scans they have just spread her chemo treatments out a little bit farther. So she is real happy for that.

Me. I will be tacking my annual CT Scan in December and will see my Oncologist. I hope it is another good one.

Prayers sent

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I hope that you live to one day have that talk with your grandson about the time he dents the family car while out with his girlfriend watching the submarine races, or your granddaughter for going with some creep to watch the submarine races.

May God grant you long(er) life, and happiness.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post