SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:

Question for you, CPD SIG, and Klusk2: Based on your experience and what you have observed, is the increasing sophistication of the rioters home-grown, or are they being coached by professionals? One of the aspects of an insurgency that I do not have insight to is foreign or outside involvement. I have already seen the photos of the founder of BLM with Maduro, so I wonder if there is any assistance coming form Venezuela, or other places. Thoughts?

I can't say as to if there is foreign influence, but I can tell you that many of those arrested during the original onslaught were from out of town. There are teachers, lawyers and ex-military members of Antifa/BLM. They are not necessarily the violent offenders, but they are coaching others who do the real damage. They are studying our tactics and applying them for themselves. This is highly organized and we need to act quickly and decisively. The times for games is over, the battle lines are being drawn. I often pray that I'm wrong, and that's I'm just a cynical old bastard and need to chill out, but I know what I'm seeing and and that little voice in my head is telling me that shit ain't right. CPD SIG and BULLDOG probably agree with me, but we've been on the front lines for a while now and we could be just tired and overworked.

Quite a number of years ago, Mrs. Elk was flying to Germany to visit family and friends. The flight was fully loaded. The LARGE majority of passengers were returning to their homes after spending time and money to protest something or other here in the US. And there had been a good bit of violence involved in it!

I have no doubt that a number of the "demonstrators" (aka terrorists) are funded by our favorite war criminal.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I wasn’t sure where this was appropriate, but I decided to post it here.

Minneapolities (?) and those going there, the former Minneapolis police force has a PSA for you.

"Be a good witness."

Act accordingly.

LOL!!! Without law enforcement (police), exactly when, where, and how, will being a "good witness" mean anything? The elimination of police means the elimination of responses to "incidents" such as robberies (include burglaries, car thefts, assaults, rape, even murder) for the purposes of investigation, identification of the offenders, prosecution, and punishment meted out by a court of law if found to be responsible. Roll Eyes

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Regarding external "advisors" working with BLM.

There have been a few reports at least about their ideological brotherhood.

https://www.israelnationalnews...s/Article.aspx/19482

https://www.aljazeera.com/inde...160906074912307.html

But there has been no hard evidence of blm getting foreign assistance.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Well that's not surprising given the amount of anti-semitism coming from the far left. Collaboration with Hamas elevates them from domestic terrorists to foreign terrorist collaborators, and opens up a whole lot more federal involvement - watch lists, no fly lists, surveillance, etc.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL!!! Without law enforcement (police), exactly when, where, and how, will being a "good witness" mean anything? The elimination of police means the elimination of responses to "incidents" such as robberies (include burglaries, car thefts, assaults, rape, even murder) for the purposes of investigation, identification of the offenders, prosecution, and punishment meted out by a court of law if found to be responsible.

The honest citizens there need to make up their minds on just how much of this crap they will take from the leftists idiots running their city. They need to push back hard (even with their own protests if necessary) and say "NO MORE!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Query: If there are no cops, what happens when a citizen shoots an asshole?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

SSS

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I agree that giving a few of these punks a taste of being arrested, booked, put in containment cells, and then charged with a crime, getting a lawyer, paying a retainer, and having to tell their parents they are in trouble, will scare a lot of the rest of them away. They act out because there are no consequences (probable no discipline at home) and they think they can get away with it be blending into the crowd.

Absolutely agree. Efforts along those lines should winnow them down to the hardcore zealots. Then they can face water cannons all the way up to the microwave pulse anti-riot control device. That should put a crimp in the shorts of pretty much any zealot out there.

See, there you guys go thinking all adult and normal! Cool

You're under the assumption that being arrested is a "bad thing" to them.
They look forward to the experience, and are nothing more than a bigger pain in the ass in the lockup.
They honestly don't care about being arrested. It's a badge of honor and another venue for a possible law such against whatever department & city arrested them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomS:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

SSS

Excuse my ignorance but what is "SSS"?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
I’ve been a cop for 16 years. 3 years as a uniformed local police officer and the last 13 as a fed. I’ve either worked in or done longer term details to some of the worst cities that I’ve seen or could imagine. I do JTTF stuff part of the time, I work as a bomb technician, and I still do work as a generalist as is necessary in a smaller office.

Question for you, CPD SIG, and Klusk2: Based on your experience and what you have observed, is the increasing sophistication of the rioters home-grown, or are they being coached by professionals? One of the aspects of an insurgency that I do not have insight to is foreign or outside involvement. I have already seen the photos of the founder of BLM with Maduro, so I wonder if there is any assistance coming form Venezuela, or other places. Thoughts?

I wouldn't say anything is coming from overseas. However, I won't be surprised in the near future if we're not seeing that.

All of their training is local, and as stated some of it is from former military, they're being coached by lawyers all the time. They do have nurses in their ranks.
Then there's the WWW . (Put in whatever you want to know here) . COM
Soooo much information out there on the Internet.

Google / YouTube search "police riot control tactics"... Then ask yourself "why is there over 1,000,000 hits to this video?"

They're not stupid. They've learned and adapted from the hippies in the 60's.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
SSS.....shoot,shovel,shut up

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^Got it thanks!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Last night on OANN the asses in portland were burning the American flag and bibles.

I didn't see this elsewhere but Graham Ledger of the OANN 'The Daily Ledger' has called it quits (hopefully only for now). He went on vacation and said he's had enough and won't return. He's very passionate about what's happening in this country and it's finally got to him. He'll be missed. Some new faces are hosting his show now. They're pretty, but it's not the same.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Last night on OANN the asses in portland were burning the American flag and bibles.

Simply amazing.

Gatherings to read the bible = bad.

Gatherings to burn the bible = good.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And for a lot of these places, something else is coming: Winter.
As a cop, the weather was a big factor in my activity level. If it was warm (or hot) we were busy. On a 20 degree day or night, maybe a family fight due to combatants being cooped up together.
It will much tougher to advocate anarchy when you are freezing your ass off.
For those of you in warmer climates, your fun could be year round!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
As a cop, the weather was a big factor in my activity level.

Now I have an honest question. Where are the water cannons? Are they illegal to use or something? I have been watching a few twitter feeds for the last couple of weeks about Portland and it seemed like the Feds weren't getting anywhere. Terrorists attack, Feds fire flash bangs and CS gas. Terrorists toss a lot of the canisters back and press the attack. With the amount of PPE (for lack of a better description) the terrorists were wearing it seemed like the CS wasn't doing to much. Now water cannons...

Very powerful. Easy to deploy. Environmentally friendly (not making fun here). No cleanup. Can cover large areas quickly. By soaking the terrorists you have a good chance of soaking the fireworks they hold. No chance of water being turned back on you (i.e. tossing a CS canister back). And as noted above, depending on the weather can REALLY cut down on the motivation of the attacker. Hell even when it's warm outside trying to operate while soaking wet wears on you. It just does. It saps you no doubt about it.

We need more water cannons.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Is Antifa officially recognized as a terrorist organization yet? Or are they just saying they’d like it be so designated.

Posts: 53181 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Where are the water cannons? Are they illegal to use or something?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not illegal to use. They are expensive and can cause serious injury if not used properly. Not exactly media friendly. It is a departmental decision I guess. If you have ever been hit by the blast from a fire hose you would not see them as so innocuous.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Without law enforcement, the new force of social workers will be the front line to crime. There will be no need for prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, court houses, probation officers, jails, etc.

Crime will decrease because no one is reporting it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Not that I think they are innocuous, but for the past month I have been looking at the terrorists crying for the camera with their "wounds" from rubber bullets, or flash bangs going off in their faces, or the burns from CS canisters. Yes a water cannon can do damage but good God it seems like it would be better suited to disperse large crowds intent on mayhem much faster than targeted CS gas which can be turned back on you and can cause enough damage to a person to get them on TV so they can cry for the camera.

The goal is to STOP the rioting and sap their will to continue. Not let them roll play about how they fought the Feds and tossed the CS back and continued to launch IED's at the federal courthouse. Riot, rinse, repeat. Day in and day out.