SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks for nothing SA and RRA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks for nothing SA and RRA Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Rock River was my go to for AR parts.
That is no longer the case and I guess I will write and tell them so.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I do have a couple of Rock River firearms. I won't be buying more.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wallacemf
posted Hide Post
Wow, and I just started looking at one of the new hammer-fired XDs. They can go suck it now, I'll take my money elsewhere!

Posts: 377 | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So people STILL bitch about Ruger and he is cold, dead and six feet under with the company damn near embracing everything high capacity and concealed carry now.

Smith and Wesson was basically a hot second away from villagers with torches and pitchforks at their door and is still hated for the lock.

I feel like somebody should have pulled these corporate officers in a room and give them the old "c'mere sparky.......name Custer mean anything to you?" I mean Christ we gun owners are longest memory, grudge keeping, nose in spite of face, get off my lawn sumbitches this side of the Army Ranger retirement home.

I mean Jesus 2 words......Jim Zumbo and all he did was get a serious case of foot in mouth disease.

Springfield and Rock River better embrace the old there is no such thing bad publicity only publicity mantra because I think there be a shit storm a brewin'

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So people STILL bitch about Ruger and he is cold, dead and six feet under with the company damn near embracing everything high capacity and concealed carry now.

Smith and Wesson was basically a hot second away from villagers with torches and pitchforks at their door and is still hated for the lock.

You sir are a talented wordsmith if there was one!!

I feel like somebody should have pulled these corporate officers in a room and give them the old "c'mere sparky.......name Custer mean anything to you?" I mean Christ we gun owners are longest memory, grudge keeping, nose in spite of face, get off my lawn sumbitches this side of the Army Ranger retirement home.

I mean Jesus 2 words......Jim Zumbo and all he did was get a serious case of foot in mouth disease.

Springfield and Rock River better embrace the old there is no such thing bad publicity only publicity mantra because I think there be a shit storm a brewin'

You sir are a talented wordsmith if ever there was one!!

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I own 3 Springfield's, but have you ever heard of Irish Alzheimer's? It's when you forget everything except your grudges.

Sincerely, O'Wishfull thinker

Posts: 6393 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Quislings.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Gonna rue the day they will. They must know that these facts will spread like wild fire amongst the gun forums. There likely won't be a serious gun owner alive who won't know about it eventually. Freakin' sellouts. Get ready for a storm, idiots.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was kind of intrigued about the new XD-e. That's not happening now. RRA can kiss my arse as well.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield just lost my business as well.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wallacemf:
Wow, and I just started looking at one of the new hammer-fired XDs. They can go suck it now, I'll take my money elsewhere!

I was just thinking about selling something to fund a similar purchase. Guess I won't now.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mean Christ we gun owners are longest memory, grudge keeping, nose in spite of face, get off my lawn sumbitches this side of the Army Ranger retirement home.

^A classic statement if ever there was one.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I was at Sportsman Warehouse fondling the Glock 30SF and the SA XD in .45. I couldn't decide, and the salesdude say wait until Saturday, the SA are going on sale. Well guess what, I suppose I'm finally getting a Glock. I read I'd eventually do that somewhere...

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow, me thinks somebody missed marketing 101. Who releases a new product literally right after you piss of your customer base.

I just went to there Facebook page and call me a meteorologist because I was correct. A shit storm indeed be a brewin'".

Hell I even posted. Do you know how many times I have posted to Facebook???? Once.......today.....because of this bullshit. That in of itself should give somebody some idea that maybe we course corrected a wheeeeebbit close to that iceberg.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Did these guys learn nothing from Ruger and Smith & Wesson?

What is a state gov't going to give you that makes up for losing the majority of your customer base?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Springfield & RRA are dead to me.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just went to there Facebook page and call me a meteorologist because I was correct. A shit storm indeed be a brewin'".

Didn't look on FaceSpace, but I took a peek at their Twitter and they don't seem to be getting slagged there a lot. Some, but it's being buried in all their promo tweets about some giveaway they're running.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I'm not a 1911 guy, but always thought a SA 1911 would end up in my stable, not anymore... RRA will never get any business from me either. Its amazing to see gun manufacturers so this to themselves to me. Glad I can find everything I need from someone else, capitalism allows the customer to be the final arbiter of a company's bottom line and, thus, survival.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'll admit, I was sort of wanting an XD-S in 9mm...

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A smarter move long term, would be for both to move out of Illinois to a state that is more gun, business, and personal liberty friendly.
A move out of state would have cost them much less in the long run.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post