SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks for nothing SA and RRA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks for nothing SA and RRA Login/Join 
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
ARF.com
They are lynching RRA over there, and zero response so far.

SA is getting smoked in at least two threads in GD. In the top 20 active threads.

Robski at AKOU on Youtube just pushed a video about SA and RRA. Rob is based in IL.

Edit ... he's doing a live stream.
Edit 2 ... Rob is doing an epic beat down.
Edit 3 ... AKOU live stream but ending soon

It's building up for a Zumbo if these weasel poseur gun makers don't get a message out. Too bad they're at the NRA show and too busy to respond.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I can't ever find anything on ARF.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I wonder how they're doing at NRA....I'd love to be hovering around their booths today.

Posts: 3663 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I can't ever find anything on ARF.

I will spare the explanation of the Active Topics button and just say ...

Razz Big Grin

ARF GD SA+RRA beating

ARF GD RRA beating

ARF GD SA Facespace beating

ARF Industry RRA beating

Reports from the NRA show in these threads reports very tough questions being asked at the booths.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Very unfortunate because I was going to purchase an M1A but not now. A very simple concept is forgotten by many. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They (SA) removed the reviews tab on their Facebook page. They were getting hammered with one star reviews and accompanying comments.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
State Senator Don Harmon delivered on his end of the deal with an amendment exempting big box stores and manufacturers from this scheme.
Private parties are screwed, but if this is accurate Type 01 FFLs might be able to avoid this mess by getting a Type 07 license instead.

Does anyone have a link to the text of the Bill?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
Self-centered twits. I now have for sale a Springfield XD ported 40 and a M1A Supermatch...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Have not purchased a new s&w since 2000. RRA never made anything I wanted. Wont be buying Springfield Armory either. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
No range officer for me.

They can go to hell.

Posts: 5147 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
State Senator Don Harmon delivered on his end of the deal with an amendment exempting big box stores and manufacturers from this scheme.
Private parties are screwed, but if this is accurate Type 01 FFLs might be able to avoid this mess by getting a Type 07 license instead.

Does anyone have a link to the text of the Bill?

The bill as amended. Found the link in the TTAG article.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Are the XD slides still made in Croatia?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34126 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Are the XD slides still made in Croatia?

I don't know, but the XD series is dead to me, too. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
"We must all hang together or most assuredly we will all hang seperately"

- Benjamin Franklin, on the occasion of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

These twits never learn...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an Illinois resident, a gun owner, a gun buyer and a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, this news saddens me.

I'm (always) in the market for another AR, and was seriously considering a Rock River for an upper & lower.

I love my Springfield 1911's & my M1A. And was honestly considering another Springfield 1911 for this year.

BOTH of these companies can go fuck themselves. Not one more dollar of mine to either of these manufactures! They are selling ME and a few million of my friends out.
One of the FEW good things about the Gun Industry when it comes to the State of Illinois was things like Springfield, Rock River, Lewis Machine and tool(about to move to IA), Armalite, DSArms are here and contributing to our economy. I feel bad for the people that work for those companies. I have a funny feeling that they are about to feel the pain of their CEO's poor decision to sell out. Dennis Reese, Mark and Chuck Larson can choke on a dump truck full of flaming dick. Not only did you sell US out, you sold your WORKERS out too! Have a fun time looking them in the eye as you come into work next week.

As far as US, well... the gnashing of the teeth and wailing will help. Smart purchases in the future will hurt them as well. Rock River, Bushmaster? Rock River, Bushmaster? Rock River, Bushmaster? Hmmm... my money goes to Bushmaster from now on. You can call the Company and let them know that you spent your hard earned dollar with someone else.

NRA Show, SHOT Show? Walk by their booth with your money on hand and tell them you're headed over to Colt, Kimber, Bushmaster, LMT, LWRC... I think they'll understand. I also think that they'll understand as the stock price circles the drain.

As far as the "Fuck them! I'm selling ALL of my Springfield's!!!" Well, that horse is already out of the barn. Selling your existing Springfield M1A or RRA AR for $250 isn't going to do anything to hurt them, and make ME happy, because buying your used Springfield isn't hurting Springfield. They already got their money.

But buying parts for your Springfield or RRA? There's literally a bazillion other places to spend your $ at. Dropping a dime to RRA or Springfield and letting them know that some other company just got your money will help.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lakeray:
I now have for sale a Springfield XD ported 40 and a M1A Supermatch...

Unless the mere sight of them now offends you, that's a largely pointless exercise, in my view.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Looks like my next purchase will be a 320 or an FN, which sucks because I actually liked SA.

Posts: 322 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
If I sell them to somebody that wants them I get the money. SA already got the money from me yes but the person I sell them to doesn't pay SA, they pay me.

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read negative comments about SA and RR concerning this matter on a couple sites other than this and read post after post after post on SA's Facebook site this morning, but tonight I could not see those comments.

I did email them to let them know word was getting around and to count me among those who would never again purchase any of their products.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't own a Springfield or RRA. Will not own either one.

Absolutely never.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post