SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[OUOTE]
I will say one thing. When I took the handguard off this time, I happened to tap it against the 3-prong-flash-hider as I removed the guard. This muzzle device should now be referred to as a tuning fork, and nothing else. no other name will fit as well - no matter how well this thing hides flash. It won't do any other job better than tuning fork; this thing rings for days when tapped!!![/QUOTE]

The HK53 (5.56mm) has a "tuning fork" style flashider too. It is EXTREMELY effective in containing the flash within the device, especially evident at night. Take the tuning fork off... and you will have a fireball as big as a pumpkin!

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:

The HK53 (5.56mm) has a "tuning fork" style flashider too. It is VERY effective in containing the flash within the device. Take the tuning fork off... and you have a fireball as big as a pumpkin!

I believe it. I always heard the AAC Blackout 3-prong as lauded for NOT having the tuning fork ping/twing sound. I have owned one of them before, and never heard it, so it was correctly applauded for that feature - but I'd never heard one in-person that actually had the tuning fork issue. i suppose "tuning fork" attributes were under-exaggerated in my head.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PorterN,

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by immawake:
^^^ When I bought mine, I was told by a Sig rep that the barrel was 13.3" with a 2.7" flash hider.

This is correct - when I ordered my MPX Carbine a few weeks ago, the spec sheet that my LGS printed out from Sig indeed states "Barrel is 13.3 inches with a fixed 2.7 inch 3-prong flash hider for an overall length of 16 inches".

I like this feature because the 2.7 inches of flash hider is significantly lighter than 2.7 inches of barrel! I also plan to try it with my shorter MPX-P handguard.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
The AAC Blackout FH definitely has the ping sound. Silencerco's ASR and Trifecta 3-prong flash hiders have different prong lengths so they do not have the ping.

I took my MPX in to have it cut to 4.5", but he could not get the barrel adapter off. He has done a few other MPX barrels and didn't have that issues. Has anyone run into that before? He has a call into Sig. He only charges $75 and is an amazing machinist.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just got notice my 3 mag pouch shipped today, Sig must be getting mags in now...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
And my Kate Moss folding stock shipped today too.

Does anyone know if Sig has 20 round magazines out yet for the MPX?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my 20 rd mag shipped two days ago.

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
All I need is my MP5 stock to ship....

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
my Kate Moss folding stock shipped today too.

Ill be ordering one of those before the year is out.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burntorange98:
Kate Moss available again

http://store.sigsauer.com/thin...-interface-7854.html

kate moss?

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
kate moss?

quote:

“The MCX comes with Kate Moss? Where do I sign up?” Not so fast. “Kate Moss” (or “KM” for short) is the code-name that I’ve semi-arbitrarily assigned to SIG’s new skeletonized folding stock. The primary reason being: SIG asked me not to give out the true technical name for fear of revealing which tier one unit was behind its inception.

The secondary reason is that this stock is waifishly thin, yet still aesthetically appealing. I really think that the KM stock will become the definitive folder for the MCX and very likely the MPX as well. 30 years from now, we’re still going to see this stock in action, with few changes (maybe a rubberized tube covering the top strut so it’s not as temperature conductive). When it’s folded, Kate adds only ¼ inch to the overall width of the gun. Yet there’s no wobble at all and it’s still very comfortable to shoot from, even with the happy switch rotated all the way to “ecstatic.” On a gun with more recoil, Kate might take on more meat-tenderizer-ish properties, but a suppressed .300 BLK basically has no significant recoil to speak of. See what cool things happen when you get away from the obligatory dimensions of an AR buffer tube?

From: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8990046653

When this stock first debuted, I was asked not to publish the name SIG was using for it, so I had to come up with something else to call it.

The profile of the production stock has changed slightly but the main attributes and locking mech are the same.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
300??? For a stock? Wow. Sig is really proud of this gun!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

I got both my MP5 style and my Kate Moss stocks for $239 each.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I ordered a single magazine from Cabela's, and it just showed up. It seems to be a second-generation. The packaging is different, all black, in comparison to my first generation magazine packages, which were clear.

I just received 3 mags from Cabelas, and although they are in all black packaging, they are still Gen 1 mags with scalloped or shortened feed lips. In fact, all nine of my mags are Gen 1 and all came in all black packaging.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
I got both my MP5 style and my Kate Moss stocks for $239 each.

Where?

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

yeah thats what i was saying..i was dead set against paying that much..but in the end i gave in..

crazy...

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Where?

From Sig themselves. If you ordered anything using your 20% discount and it hasn't shipped they will allow you to add to your original order. Wink

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Sig MPX/MCX folding/telescoping stock video on YouTube. Have we seen this version before? Not the Kate Moss or current telescoping stock that I've been waiting 6 months for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nayEomcEKg

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
New Sig MPX/MCX folding/telescoping stock video on YouTube. Have we seen this version before? Not the Kate Moss or current telescoping stock that I've been waiting 6 months for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nayEomcEKg

Damn, I just ordered a Kate Moss.

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post