SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
http://max-11.com

More stock options for the MPX.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:
Can someone (LDD?) confirm that the "K" will release this month?

YES, can anyone confirm? If these don't show up soon I may go for an MP5-K clone, assuming I can FIND one that I can SBR right away (I.e. w/ American parts in it). Atlantic had tons of them and choices a few months ago, nothing left and the prices have gone up too.

Come on SIG, don't make me buy a Scorpion!!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, after nearly a month of owning an MPX-C, I was finally able to get out and shoot it today. Illness and busy weekends worked against me.
Overall, it was a very positive experience, but it started out badly. The first round or two from the magazines I stuffed full of 30 rounds a few weeks ago to compress the springs a bit would not reliably feed. They got the bullet in the chamber but the bolt wasn't fully closed. Click. After clearing a couple of rounds, it started to go bang and never stopped. No failures of any kind, other than the first round, actually first two rounds, from the magazines. When I started loading them with 25 rounds, there were no problems at all. Not sure what that was all about.
Also had to lower the front sight a lot to get it where I wanted at just 10 yards. But all the time it was cutting out one hole groups from the sandbagged front end rest. Not a huge fan of the factory sights, but even with 65 year old eyes, they did the job just fine. Offhand I was able to keep 50-60 shots in a lemon sized hole at the same 10 yards, even when shooting fast. The reset is superb.
I'll run some pictures out at some point, as I installed an adapter that now holds a buffer tube and a Magpul SL stock. Also put the Magpul SL grip on the gun, as I have gotten to like the more vertical angle.
Other than the unwillingness to feed the first couple rounds out of the fully loaded 30 round mags, it was all I could hope for. Hopefully that is just a magazine spring issue, and under loading them "solved" the problem.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
The first round or two from the magazines I stuffed full of 30 rounds a few weeks ago to compress the springs a bit would not reliably feed. They got the bullet in the chamber but the bolt wasn't fully closed. Click. After clearing a couple of rounds, it started to go bang and never stopped. No failures of any kind, other than the first round, actually first two rounds, from the magazines. When I started loading them with 25 rounds, there were no problems at all. Not sure what that was all about.

Other than the unwillingness to feed the first couple rounds out of the fully loaded 30 round mags, it was all I could hope for. Hopefully that is just a magazine spring issue, and under loading them "solved" the problem.

It's just really tight mag springs. They will loosen up after running a few full loads through them.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's why I compressed them for 3 weeks. Annoying that one needs to do such stuff. Lots of other mags don't need babying.

But thanks for the confirmation. The picture I alluded to.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I just got my MPX 9mm carbine a couple of weeks ago. I was happy that it came with the latest flash hider and not that tuning fork. It would have served me well while on duty but our policy at the time was for 5.556/.223 for a duty rifle.

So far I put 145 rounds through it with no issues other than the collapsible stock not wanting to collapse after it was adjusted to do so before firing it.

Also, I was going to wait and put a Sig Electro-optic Bravo 3 on it but I just couldn't wait. I settled on a 4x32 ACOG. Hopefully, I will get it sighted today, weather willing.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just contacted SIG about the 4.5 inch barrel for the Gen 1 MPX. Was told, will not be available till the end of summer or this fall. Earlier they said end of 1st quarter 2016.

posted Hide Post
Well, that sounds about right. I won't hold my breath for the K. MP5 clones are looking better all the time.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they would be honest at just admit there will be no additional barrel lengths for the GEN 1.

posted Hide Post
hate to ask, but i wanted to revisit the mag issue...I know what sig states, but I am looking for feedback from people who have tried the different mags on the different generations of mpx's.

Will Gen 1 mags work in Gen 2 guns?

Gen 2 mags work in Gen 1 guns?

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I just got my MPX 9mm carbine a couple of weeks ago. I was happy that it came with the latest flash hider and not that tuning fork.

Would it be possible to post a photo of the new SIG flash hider on your carbine? Since I highly doubt that SIG will offer a replacement for early tuning fork owners, I have been looking for a replacement option that is the correct length to keep the barrel rifle-length. Then I just need to find a gunsmith to do the work. Thanks!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Can I order different sized hand guards directly from Sig? If so, any idea on the costs?

I suspect most people that cut their barrels are having the hand guards cut at the same time but I thought I'd ask...

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Can I order different sized hand guards directly from Sig? If so, any idea on the costs?

I suspect most people that cut their barrels are having the hand guards cut at the same time but I thought I'd ask...

Just talked to Ryan last week at SIG and he said handguards weren't available to order just yet. I cut my barrel to 4.5" and kept the handguards the same length, so shooting suppressed is my only option.

Posts: 45 | Registered: February 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What can is that slipjett?

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
What can is that slipjett?

That can is the Gemtech Multimount, here it is with an AAC Ti-Rant 9

...and here with a Liberty Infiniti

All using 3 lug adapters

Posts: 45 | Registered: February 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I just got my MPX 9mm carbine a couple of weeks ago. I was happy that it came with the latest flash hider and not that tuning fork.

Would it be possible to post a photo of the new SIG flash hider on your carbine? Since I highly doubt that SIG will offer a replacement for early tuning fork owners, I have been looking for a replacement option that is the correct length to keep the barrel rifle-length. Then I just need to find a gunsmith to do the work. Thanks!

I've posted images of my MPX in another forum since those forums allowed media to be diresctly uploaded as opposed to a URL link from a photo sharing site. I'll set up an photo sharing account later for the new hider image.

There is a guy on another forum who has sent in his entire MPX to Sig to have them change the hider to the new one, and he says he is only paying shipping. Sounds like it may be considered warranty work. He says he is looking to get it back in April. Here is a link with one but I will take a closeup image later for you: http://ontargetmagazine.com/20...g-sauer-9mm-sig-mpx/

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
http://i1318.photobucket.com/a...jsnl570.jpg~original

Here it is for you.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
That thing looks... odd. I wonder what's the purpose of it being like that? Long and cagey

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
That thing looks... odd. I wonder what's the purpose of it being like that? Long and cagey

It's not winning any beauty contests Wink

Granted, I think all the carbines look weird when compared to the pistol/sbr.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

According to the article ftttu linked, the shorter barrel length with longer flash hider pinned was due to the lack of pressure the 9mm cartridge produces, required to exit the barrel without losing velocity. Making a shorter barrel with longer FH allows the projectile to exit before losing velocity.

13" barrel. 3" flash hider.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post