SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I do not watch cable new at all. Tonight I am in a hotel flipping channels after a long day. Every cable news show has a host and guests hyperventilating over the shithole country comment. I think one brother on CNN was almost overcome with the vapors. I had to log on to see this thread to find out what happened.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. That’s the problem. The libs have something that they are going to hammer Trump to death with now. That statement is going to be played for two weeks straight with more calls that he is unfit to serve, insensitive, a bigot, blah, blah, blah.

Hopefully it distracts from something really great that’s going happen. What, I don’t know but this is what we will hear for the next umpteen days.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
As we all expected, DACA is the camel's nose under the tent Roll Eyes

Senate Democrats claim they have developed a new bipartisan amnesty plan for young ‘dreamer’ illegals – but their plan also offers a quasi-amnesty to the illegal-immigrant parents who brought the 3.25 million ‘dreamer’ illegals into the United States.
The amnesty-plus plan was developed by Sen. Dick Durbin, with the cooperation of several pro-amnesty GOP Senators, including Colorado’s Sen. Cory Gardner, Arizona’s Sen. Jeff Flake and Sen. Lindsey Graham from South Carolina. The claims and details emerged Thursday when the Senators were questioned by reporters after the Senators’ usual Thursday lunchtime meetings.

In an afternoon statement, the Senators claimed:

President Trump called on Congress to solve the DACA challenge. We have been working for four months and have reached an agreement in principle that addresses border security, the diversity visa lottery, chain migration/family reunification, and the Dream Act-the areas outlined by the President. We are now working to build support for that deal in Congress.

The announcement comes one day after President Donald Trump formally backed a new immigration and amnesty bill drafted by four GOP leaders.

Details about the Democrats’ plan are still secret, but advocates say it extends the amnesty to include the several million illegal immigrants who brought up to 3.25 million illegal-immigrant children into the United States.

According to Politico, Flake told reporters that their plan would allow “would be able to obtain a three-year provisional legal status that could be renewed.” If so, the Democrats plan — aided by several Republicans — would be proving a huge amnesty-like benefit to the foreigners who created the illegal immigration problem.

Media reports also said the Democratic plan would eliminate the visa lottery — as required by Trump — but would then assign the green cards to another Democrat-favored group, the roughly 300,000 “Temporary Protect Status” migrants. The migrants are poor people from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Haiti and other disaster-prone undeveloped countries who have been given temporary permission to live in the United States. Their residency is now expiring because Trump’s deputies are refusing the extend the much-extended residency cards.

Flake also admitted to reporters that the Democrats’ have not agreed on a border security plan, which President Trump and the GOP is requiring — along with an end to chain migration and the visa-lottery — as part of any deal. According to the TheHill:

Asked what was the biggest remaining hurdle, Flake pointed to a border security package “and what’s sufficient. That’s what we’re working on but we’ve pretty much got a bill.”

Administration and GOP officials are dismissing the Democrats’ amnesty-plus plan.

Sen. John Cornyn, who is now playing a leading role for GOP Senators, also dismissed the plan. “We welcome their contribution. It’s not going to be something that’s agreed to by just a handful of people,” he told reporters.

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, who joined the Democratic group, defended the giveaway when it was criticized by a GOP immigration expert, Sen. Tom Cotton. Senate Democrats would not agree to anything else, Graham explained.

Flake told reporters that the Durbin bill is the only choice for Republicans:

We’ve got this bipartisan group, we’re at a deal. So we’ll be talking to the White House about that and I hope we can move forward with it. It is the only game in town. There is no other bill.

However, President Trump has already praised the Senate and House GOP bill.

The Senate SECURE Act bill was developed by Sen. Chuck Grassley. The House immigration and amnesty bill was introduced January 10 Reps. Bob Goodlatte and Mike McCaul, who chair the House judiciary and homeland defense committees.

On Thursday, House Speaker Ryan said he wanted a long-term fix to the illegal immigrant problem, not an no-strings amnesty, and he endorsed the Goodlatte/McCaul bill.

However, Ryan did not say that he would bring the bill to the floor for a vote, and suggested instead suggested he would defer to the “Group Of Four” leaders who are now talking about drafting an amnesty:

The group of four consists of GOP Sen. John Cornyn — a Texas Republican with a record of support for mass-immigration — plus House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who is a California Republican with little history of immigration expertise. The two Democrats in the group are Sen Dick Durbin — a hard-line immigration-booster who has been pushing for an amnesty since 2001 — and Rep. Steny Hoyer, a former moderate who has moved left with the Democratic Party.

The Group of Four held its first meeting January 10.

Polls show that Trump’s American-first immigration policy is very popular. For example, a poll of likely 2018 voters shows two-to-one voter support for Trump’s pro-American immigration policies, and a lopsided four-to-one opposition against the cheap-labor, mass-immigration, economic policy pushed by bipartisan establishment-backed D.C. interest-groups.

Business groups and Democrats tout the misleading, industry-funded “Nation of Immigrants” polls because they which pressure Americans to say they welcome migrants, including the roughly 670,000 ‘DACA’ illegals and the roughly 3.25 million ‘dreamer’ illegals.

The alternative “priority or fairness” polls — plus the 2016 election — show that voters in the polling booth put a much higher priority on helping their families, neighbors, and fellow nationals get decent jobs in a high-tech, high-immigration, low-wage economy.

Four million Americans turn 18 each year and begin looking for good jobs in the free market.

But the federal government inflates the supply of new labor by annually accepting 1 million new legal immigrants, by providing work-permits to roughly 3 million resident foreigners, and by doing little to block the employment of roughly 8 million illegal immigrants.

The Washington-imposed economic policy of economic growth via mass-immigration floods the market with foreign labor, spikes profits and Wall Street values by cutting salaries for manual and skilled labor offered by blue-collar and white-collar employees. It also drives up real estate prices, widens wealth-gaps, reduces high-tech investment, increases state and local tax burdens, hurts kids’ schools and college education, pushes Americans away from high-tech careers, and sidelines at least 5 million marginalized Americans and their families, including many who are now struggling with opioid addictions.

The cheap-labor policy has also reduced investment and job creation in many interior states because the coastal cities have a surplus of imported labor. For example, almost 27 percent of zip codes in Missouri had fewer jobs or businesses in 2015 than in 2000, according to a new report by the Economic Innovation Group. In Kansas, almost 29 percent of zip codes had fewer jobs and businesses in 2015 compared to 2000, which was a two-decade period of massive cheap-labor immigration.

Because of the successful cheap-labor strategy, wages for men have remained flat since 1973, and a large percentage of the nation’s annual income has shifted to investors and away from employees.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
After reading that, I can see why Trump is pissed. The Republicans are spineless and are cowing down to the Democraps.

I’d say blow it up and start over.

That being said, I work with a gal from El Salvador. She’s been here on a work permit for 21 years and she is scared to death about being deported. Every year she has been trying to get her green card but .gov isn’t cooperating.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just ask these imbeciles that can't comprehend Trump's comment which country they'd rather be sent to, Haiti or Norway.

I'll leave it at that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that some extremely offensive language has been used over the years behind the oval office doors and every president could expect that it stayed there until now. Trump can't trust anyone, the GOP wants him out as bad as the Dems. You know damn good and well that even Obama has called these countries shitholes, everyone has.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Company I had worked at for 14 years lost a major account, so I decided it was time to move on from south Florida.

Connected with a good friend who worked across-state, our first conversation......

Me: "So, Bill, tell me about Tampa"

Him: "It's a shit-hole"

DJT has me thinking back to those days now. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
My wife and girlfriends go to Mexico every winter for a week

So tell us how many girlfriends do you have? LOL

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump called on Congress to solve the DACA challenge. We have been working for four months and have reached an agreement in principle

So, for 4 freaking months they have been working and have an "agreement in principle?"

WTF do these assholes actually do? Other than travel, party, meet behind closed doors to figure yet another anti-Trump scheme?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Did this continuing Win for President Trump get any play on the MSN?
quote:
South Korea’s president credits Trump for talks with North Korea

https://www.washingtontimes.co...-credits-donald-tru/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Came across this reference in some news reports:

The dossier came out in public on 10 Jan 2017.

On 27 Jan 2017, Comey had a one-on-one dinner w President Trump. In congressional testimony, Comey said:

'During the dinner, the President returned to the salacious material I had briefed him about on January 6, and, as he had done previously, expressed his disgust for the allegations and strongly denied them. He said he was considering ordering me to investigate the alleged incident to prove it didn't happen. I replied that he should give that careful thought because it might create a narrative that we were investigating him personally, which we weren't, and because it was very difficult to prove a negative. He said he would think about it and asked me to think about it."

That is a very strange statement from Comey. "very difficult to prove a negative"

The dossier has some obvious big holes.

President Trump mentions addressing the dossier head on, and FBI Dir Comey warns against that.

Implies the FBI didn't try to verify or disprove the dossier. Keep in mind, the FBI was getting updates from Steele continually since the very first report in June 2016.

It wasn't as if the dossier suddenly burst upon the FBI in January 2017.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I do not watch cable new at all. Tonight I am in a hotel flipping channels after a long day. Every cable news show has a host and guests hyperventilating over the shithole country comment. I think one brother on CNN was almost overcome with the vapors. I had to log on to see this thread to find out what happened.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
He is correct in that--it is very difficult to prove a negative (that something didn't happen).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
On 27 Jan 2017, Comey had a one-on-one dinner w President Trump. In congressional testimony, Comey said:

'During the dinner, the President returned to the salacious material I had briefed him about on January 6, and, as he had done previously, expressed his disgust for the allegations and strongly denied them. He said he was considering ordering me to investigate the alleged incident to prove it didn't happen. I replied that he should give that careful thought because it might create a narrative that we were investigating him personally, which we weren't, and because it was very difficult to prove a negative. He said he would think about it and asked me to think about it."

Didn't J Edgar Hoover engage in the exact same tactic? Approach powerful people with some sex related scandal and then essentially blackmail them?

I guess it helps when your blackmail material is legitimate.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Came across this reference in some news reports:

The dossier came out in public on 10 Jan 2017.

That is a very strange statement from Comey. "very difficult to prove a negative"

The dossier has some obvious big holes.

President Trump mentions addressing the dossier head on, and FBI Dir Comey warns against that.

Implies the FBI didn't try to verify or disprove the dossier. Keep in mind, the FBI was getting updates from Steele continually since the very first report in June 2016.

It wasn't as if the dossier suddenly burst upon the FBI in January 2017.

Not only that, but if people started checking it out, they might find the whole thing was phony. You wouldn’t want the wrong people to get that impression.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me: "So, Bill, tell me about Tampa"

Him: "It's a shit-hole"

Yep,...I had a job interview there in 1967 and there were riots going on. Things weren't good back then so how much further can they go down hill??

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
"Shithole country" is just a crude version of "third world country," as far as I'm concerned.

The president does need to keep a filter in place at all times, IMO, as it's clear there will almost always be someone around willing to feed his every word to the press.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The liberals may not like what Uncle Trump said, or the way he said it. But he once again told the truth and gave voice to something I have wondered for over a decade. Regards 18Dai

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of stories about John McCain and the dossier. Most of the stories are missing some of the best sources of info on this.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerus...ion-gps-revelations/

Sir Andrew Wood, a former British ambassador to Moscow, said McCain first consulted him about the claims inside the dossier at a security conference in Canada shortly after last November’s presidential election.

Wood stated that McCain had obtained the documents from the senator’s own sources. “I told him I was aware of what was in the report but I had not read it myself, that it might be true, it might be untrue. I had no means of judging really,” Wood further told BBC Radio 4 in January.

Last Month, Wood related that he served as a “go-between” to inform McCain about the dossier contents. “My mission was essentially to be a go-between and a messenger, to tell the senator and assistants that such a dossier existed,” Wood told Fox News.

In March, Vanity Fair raised questions about the alleged involvement of David J. Kramer, a former State Department official, in helping to obtain the dossier directly from Steele. The issue was also raised in a lawsuit filed against Steele by one of the individuals named in the dossier.

We know a lot more than that.

We have Simpson's interview w Sen Judiciary Comm (that Feinstein so graciously shared w us), and we have the written statements by Steele's lawyers in the London lawsuit suing Steele and his company.

Sir Andrew Wood sounds like he is playing quite a deceiving game here. McCain didn't approach Wood. Wood approached McCain.

Steele had become concerned that the FBI wasn't believing his dossier. A NYT article on 31 Oct 2016 said the FBI was looking at whether there were ties between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, but the FBI had investigated and found nothing. (from Simpson interview)

Steele was then looking for another avenue to be sure that Comey got the dossier.

Sir Andrew Wood isn't a casual bystander. Wood is an associate of Orbis (Steele's firm) and was aware of the pre-election reports.

Wood told McCain and David Kramer of the reports. McCain had Kramer follow up with Steele.

Kramer told Steele that the intelligence he had gathered raised issues of potential national security importance.

second defendant = Christopher Steele

McCain provided the dossier to Comey on 9 Dec 2016. The FBI already had it from Steele.

(did not see a comment on whether McCain subsequently provided Comey the 13 Dec 2016 report)

Since McCain and Kramer were the only people outside of Steele and Fusion who actually had copies of the reports, it was suspected that one of them provided the dossier to Buzzfeed.

(news organizations were briefed by Steele in Sept 2016, but were not shown the reports)

(Simpson would not say if his "clients" got copies of the reports. That would be law firm Perkins Coie representing Clinton campaign and DNC)

McCain said he did not give it to Buzzfeed. Perhaps congressional comms will ask Kramer about that.

Also note that Steele notified the UK security official. So our U.S. intel shills could claim they heard about this info "independently" from our "allies".

posted Hide Post
Haiti- What's more offensive- What Trump is accused of saying or the Clinton Foundation robbing Haitian Disaster Aid after the Earthquake?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post