SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

He was a Green Beret for god's sake.

No, he wasn't. And neither was his wife, which is the point.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
Both sides think their guy is relentlessly attacked, undeservedly so, and that the attackers are nitwits. You don't think Obama was attacked? Just go back and read this forum from the years of his presidency. Did you watch Fox News? It was 24/7. Read Breitbart? Listen to AM radio? Pay attention to the Republican-controlled Congress? You're surprised and disappointed that the liberals didn't attack him?

And both sides think the guy they hate gets a free pass.

This is how politics works. At least in 21st century America.

So you hate AM radio? I switch between local AM and local FM. Does this make me good or bad in your world?

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Showpro...

I've been following this thread with you showing your dislike of Trump.

Who do you think would be a better POTUS right now?

Trump is my voice.... and I like his style.

The whole world needs a kick in the Ass and Trump is the only one who has the balls to do it.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3481 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
So you hate AM radio? I switch between local AM and local FM. Does this make me good or bad in your world?

I'm sorry...what?

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

He was a Green Beret for god's sake.

No, he wasn't. And neither was his wife, which is the point.

Ok, Special Forces group - he wouldn't have been there if he didn't want to be.

Johnson eventually transitioned to be a member of the 3rd Special Forces Group, a Green Beret unit. He worked in the unit as an operations officer, not a Green Beret.

According to the Military Times, Johnson’s awards and decorations since enlisting include: the Army Achievement Medal, the Army Good Conduct Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Army Parachutist Badge, the Army Air Assault Badge, the Driver and Mechanic Badge, and the Marksmanship Qualification Badge — Sharpshooter with Rifle.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/10/...-trump-killed-niger/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Trump is my voice.... and I like his style.

The whole world needs a kick in the Ass and Trump is the only one who has the balls to do it.

I get that. But I don't agree. I think President Trump's behavior is random and mainly based on whatever opinions he happens to hold, which seem to be based on years of watching Fox News, combined with whatever his fragile ego directs him to do.

quote:
Who do you think would be a better POTUS right now?

No idea. We don't have an election for several years, so it's pointless.

posted Hide Post
I just have one thing to say, Trump may speak off the cuff, he may upset some folks, but he does try to do what he says he will do, he does try to live up to the promises he made while running for president. I would rather have him running this country than Hilary who has been proven to be as bad a liar as obama (she was his understudy).

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
'knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.'

He was a Green Beret for god's sake. A warrior, he knew exactly what he was in for and he wanted to be there. Least we forget there were 3 other men who died and no one is making up fake news about the Presidents discussion with their families.

Thankfully he didn't call him a corpse-man, that would be terribly insensitive.

No different than saying "He died doing what he loved".

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Showpro, it seems obvious that you never served in the military.

Let me explain something which you will never be able to comprehend.

'knew what he signed up for... but when it happens it hurts anyway.'

That statement would be a compliment to the fallen soldier.

It's a sacrifice that those that served knowingly signed up for.
We all, at one point wrote a blank check to defend freedom for our Family and fellow Countrymen.
Some checks are cashed and it hurts losing the best America has to offer.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
(she was his understudy).

Or vice versa.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump is odd, buffoonish, brash, and not particularly eloquent.

But so what, in a broad sense. Sure, it matters some, but not that much.

I'm happy to have him, and not particularly bothered by such things.

posted Hide Post
The new age(religion) left believe they can create reality by what they believe, and by changing what they believe, they can change reality. Nothing has reality until one says that it is reality or says that it is truth.

Many forthright citizens fail to grasp this context, instead blindly projecting their own honesty to all parties involved.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a lot to infer from the little that I've written, here.

Except I am not just reading what you have written here. Your shots are all left of center. Remember, this forum has a function that allows us to see what has been written over the past several months.

G.W. Bush was relentlessly attacked. Reagan was relentlessly attacked. And so was Obama, BTW. And Clinton. The difference is that President Trump is far more thin-skinned than even Obama, who until Trump came along had the thinnest skin I've ever seen. The difference is that President Trump is no man's bitch and he'll tell you to your face. A man that doesn't stand up for himself is weak and ineffective as a leader, and let's face it: HE not Hillary is the leader of the free world and you're pissed!

All he had to do, here, was issue a statement saying that he respects all those who serve and none more than those who make the ultimate sacrifice. And that if his call was interpreted any other way, he deeply regrets that. Weak kneed lawyer speak that most politihacks prance around with. This man is very easy to understand if you want to. Though, I bet some folks have a hard time hearing, especially with their heads so far up their own asses!

But instead, he'll argue and attack. And threaten. And tweet. It's all a monumental waste of time. And he has nothing to gain from any of it.

Waste of time?
Nothing to gain?

Tell that to every person that has told a lie about President Trump that they had to backtrack because it was absolutely and unequivocally false and made up. The man is fighting to drain a swamp that more closely resembles a cesspool. But yeah, let the little shit slide because, it's un-presidential, that's the ticket. The man is a fighter and I applaud him for it. His willingness to stick to his guns (right or wrong) shows me that he serious and will not be backed down by childish antics and emotional outbursts from dolts.

Last thing I have to say to you is, you'd better strap in tight, because it's gonna be a helluva ride over the next 7 years and change.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think President Trump's behavior is random and mainly based on whatever opinions he happens to hold, which seem to be based on years of watching Fox News, combined with whatever his fragile ego directs him to do.

Good lord! Frown The water in western WA really is tainted.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to the Military Times, Johnson’s awards and decorations since enlisting include: the Army Achievement Medal, the Army Good Conduct Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Army Parachutist Badge, the Army Air Assault Badge, the Driver and Mechanic Badge, and the Marksmanship Qualification Badge — Sharpshooter with Rifle.
None of which, AFAIK, are combat decorations.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Anyone who thinks Obama was attacked on the same level as Trump is out of their fuckin' mind. Obama and Michelle were Camelot Part II. The Smartest Man In The World. The entire Mainstream Media (TV, magazines, newspapers, etc) gave him a blow job all 8 years of his Presidency. Democrats adored him. Hollywood worshiped him. They all excused his incompetency, totally ignored it.

Yeah, Obama got rolled just as bad as Trump Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Anyone who thinks Obama was attacked on the same level as Trump is out of their fuckin' mind. Obama and Michelle were Camelot Part II. The Smartest Man In The World. The entire Mainstream Media (TV, magazines, newspapers, etc) gave him a blow job all 8 years of his Presidency. Democrats adored him. Hollywood worshiped him. They all excused his incompetency, totally ignored it.

Yeah, Obama got rolled just as bad as Trump Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That's from your perspective. From Obama's supporters' perspective, he was relentlessly attacked. For goodness sake, Donald Trump was one of the attackers.

This is the problem with America today. It's very, very polarized. Each side thinks they're right and the other side is not just wrong, but evil and worthy of destruction. And those perspectives are recursively reinforced by the various media outlets and the internet echo chamber.

Nobody is willing to take a minute and try, even a little, to understand the other side's perspective.

It's really a terrible situation.

Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade

Tell that to every person that has told a lie about President Trump that they had to backtrack because it was absolutely and unequivocally false and made up.

I'd love to see that list. Roll Eyes

quote:
The man is fighting to drain a swamp that more closely resembles a cesspool.

From the golf course, eh?

quote:
But yeah, let the little shit slide because, it's un-presidential, that's the ticket. The man is a fighter and I applaud him for it. His willingness to stick to his guns (right or wrong) shows me that he serious and will not be backed down by childish antics and emotional outbursts from dolts.

Someone who sticks to his guns when he's wrong is an idiot. And the only childish antics and emotional outbursts I've seen are from the tweeter.

quote:
Last thing I have to say to you is, you'd better strap in tight, because it's gonna be a helluva ride over the next 7 years and change.

Maybe. At the rate he's going, it's not going to be much change at all. He can't seem to get anything done, even with a Republican majority. We'll see if he still has that in another year.

What a waste.

posted Hide Post
It's so peaceful when I use the ignored function.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Anyone who thinks Obama was attacked on the same level as Trump is out of their fuckin' mind.

Polite understatement of the week.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post