SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
People talking about obamacare repeal act like it is mind numbingly complicated. Most of it is straight forward.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...idual-mandate-repeal

"Thanks to information that was leaked to me by a congressional staffer"

"Nearly three-fourths of the difference in coverage between Obamacare and the various GOP plans derives from a single feature of the Republican bills: their repeal of Obamacare’s individual mandate"

CBO says 16 million will voluntarily drop out of the market because they no longer face a penalty.

REPs need to keep pounding this. Repealing obamacare doesn't take your insurance away if you decide to not get insured.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
At last week’s Fortune Brainstorm Tech event in Aspen, Colorado, Target Corp. Chief Executive Officer Brian Cornell claimed that Hispanic shoppers, a sought-after demographic for retailers across the country, have stopped leaving their homes to shop, presumably for fear of being deported.

First, consider who babbled this nonsense.
The moron stuffed both his feet in his own mouth with all that bathroom crap.

I end up in a couple of stores at least every other day, and have yet to see any decline in the Hispanic shoppers. In fact, the 2 malls I have to go into to do my shopping, are over run with Hispanics, and many of them do not speak English.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I don't know why the CEO of Target even has his job.
But hey, if Target stockholders are this dumb and are happy losing value, full speed ahead.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
People talking about obamacare repeal act like it is mind numbingly complicated. Most of it is straight forward.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...idual-mandate-repeal

"Thanks to information that was leaked to me by a congressional staffer"

"Nearly three-fourths of the difference in coverage between Obamacare and the various GOP plans derives from a single feature of the Republican bills: their repeal of Obamacare’s individual mandate"

CBO says 16 million will voluntarily drop out of the market because they no longer face a penalty.

REPs need to keep pounding this. Repealing obamacare doesn't take your insurance away if you decide to not get insured.

The truth matters not SDY. Democrats do not believe in personal freedoms or choices. They think people are too stupid to, to look at the numbers and where they come from or to make financial decisions on their own. The democrats believe they know best what is good for me and you. Doesn't matter if the people can actually afford to use their healthcare, only that they can add them to the stats as having coverage. All this at the detriment of the US people both in actual care received and financially.

If you actually look at the numbers the vast majority of people they've added to the rolls of ObamaCare are those that were forced to buy it; those that needed to replace lost coverage after not being able to keep the coverage they liked; and those added to Medicaid. Take out those people and very few actually gained coverage under ACA. It's all a shell game and everyone has fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

For anyone who believes in freedom and capitalism, ObamaCare (and the recent proposals) are the antithesis of those.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonyny:

You've been away a while Tony. Photobucket no longer works here. How about an update, hopefully your situation has improved.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sounds like some of the DEMs have woken up a bit

DEMs going to pitch a new agenda (at least a new focus):

curbing prescription drug costs,
smarter trade deals,
job retraining,
increased Internet access into rural America, and the $15 minimum wage

From Chuck Schumer:

“When you lose to somebody who has 40 percent popularity, you don’t blame other things — Comey, Russia — you blame yourself,”

“So what did we do wrong? People didn’t know what we stood for, just that we were against Trump. And still believe that.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ssia-are-to-n2358604

new DEM slogan:

"A Better Deal: Better Skills, Better Jobs, Better Wages"

edit: I saw another version:

“A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future”

"you don't blame other things like Russia"

so all the Russia election hacking is BS, right Chuck ?

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Jake Tapper at CNN just made up fake news about his background.
What is wrong with these people?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-on-live-television/

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I agree.

With respect to the following from the article, maybe the closest we have is the NRA?

"There are simply no conservative or Republican mass movement analogs to Black Lives Matter, Animal Liberation Front (ALF), Women’s March, Peoples Climate Movement, Million Hoodies Movement for Justice, or People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Earth First! and countless others.

Considering the number of guns and ammunition sold in the past 8 years, some may underestimate the amount of support behind a 'silent mass movement' - if you want to call it that.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
sounds like some of the DEMs have woken up a bit

DEMs going to pitch a new agenda (at least a new focus):

curbing prescription drug costs,
smarter trade deals,
job retraining,
increased Internet access into rural America, and the $15 minimum wage

From Chuck Schumer:

“When you lose to somebody who has 40 percent popularity, you don’t blame other things — Comey, Russia — you blame yourself,”

“So what did we do wrong? People didn’t know what we stood for, just that we were against Trump. And still believe that.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ssia-are-to-n2358604

new DEM slogan:

"A Better Deal: Better Skills, Better Jobs, Better Wages"

edit: I saw another version:

“A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future”

"you don't blame other things like Russia"

so all the Russia election hacking is BS, right Chuck ?

Pitching isn't doing.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
A long, interesting article about the attempted coup against President Donald Trump. If you have a quiet, lazy Sunday....

http://www.americanthinker.com...ute_for_victory.html

If you missed this it's a good read:

quote:
it is among the leftist elites who inhabit urban America -- people who shape the culture through the knowledge (schools), information (msm) and entertainment industry -- the base of the Democratic Party.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jared Kushner wrote a short paper on his statement to congressional committees.

It is well worth a read. 11 pages but the type is big and it reads fast.

https://assets.documentcloud.o...to-Congressional.pdf

It puts into focus how ridiculous the claims are of collusion.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is Jeff Sessions beleaguered?
Does Trump want him gone?

Monday morning tweets:

Donald J. Trump ✔
@realDonaldTrump

Drain the Swamp should be changed to Drain the Sewer - it's actually much worse than anyone ever thought, and it begins with the Fake News!
5:40 AM - 24 Jul 2017

Donald J. Trump ✔
@realDonaldTrump

So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillary's crimes & Russia relations?
7:49 AM - 24 Jul 2017

Donald J. Trump ✔
@realDonaldTrump

Republicans have a last chance to do the right thing on Repeal & Replace after years of talking & campaigning on it.
8:18 AM - 24 Jul 2017

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Monday morning tweets:

So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillary's crimes & Russia relations?

I don't quite know what the make of all this stuff in the media like this "LOOK! Trump is upset with Sessions!" crap. If he were, he would be gone today, wouldn't he?

You can read that tweet two ways and one way is critical and the other is sympathetic.

What is it?

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
One factor is the disruption resulting from an attempt to confirm a new guy.

You know the kinds of questions and assurances that guy will have to answer and give.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tuckerrnr1,

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi on the "new" DEM platform:

“Special interests are given special treatment, while hard-working Americans are ignored.”

do they even begin to comprehend how stupid and hypocritical that is for a DEM to say?

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Really, the Democrat party is nothing but special interest groups.