SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chris Wallace of Fox asks pretty direct questions to DEM senator Chris Coons

Wallace knows what the DEMs are trying to do

https://youtu.be/Xhe6IW7hsUM

http://www.breitbart.com/video...hiff-of-mccarthyism/

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
It's funny to watch the left squirming this morning demanding to see what evidence President Trump has regarding the wire-tapping/surveillance.

I think Trump has a lot of evidence. Watch the Mark Levin tape, above, for some sense of it. But he is giving them a taste of their own medicine. They accused him of working with the Russians with absolutely not one shred of evidence.

This is his loud "Fuck you!" back to them.

Wouldn't Trump as Potus have access to the FISA applications to the judge? I'm guessing this is the card he is holding. I hope it's not just a Breitbart article that he's hanging this on.

Schumer thinks he's got him either way. If he's just throwing this out there as a diversion Schumer says that proves he is not capable of being POTUS. If it's true and a judge did in fact grant a FISA order he is in even more trouble because that indicates there was enough evidence of Russian collusion proving that the surveillance was warranted.

My guess is the surveillance went far beyond the scope of the granted FISA order.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...pped-his-phones.html

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:

Getting even scarier. I don't know where this ends up.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's the NYT-- so I am immediately skeptical. Notice that Comey did not issue that statement himself.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

That's two strikes. Trump should just go ahead and fire this clown before he racks up number three.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I don't know where this ends up.

It ends with some resignations, a lot more tweets, and the President moving forward.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

Getting even scarier. I don't know where this ends up.

Like I said, were I the President and learned of this horseshit, my first action would be to demand the immediate resignation of EVERY political appointee and member of the Senior Executive Service, irrespective of where they worked or cwhen they assumed their office.

EVERY LAST DAMNED ONE.

And he can do just that, since all of those people hold those positions at the President's discretion. Then I would reassign everyone GS-14 and above to the US Embassies in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somlaia, Syria, and Yemen or the Consulates in Benghazi, Kandahar, Mosul, Peshawar, and Raqqua.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
That's two strikes. Trump should just go ahead and fire this clown before he racks up number three.

quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's the NYT-- so I am immediately skeptical. Notice that Comey did not issue that statement himself.

Ya, maybe... but I'm still not sure about Comey. Maybe he should talk to Comey first. Call him into the White House for a chat. I don't believe everything the NYT puts out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Comey is an unending one-man soap opera. He needs to be retired.

quote:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
John Bolton one of the most loyal patriots of this country not to mention generally one of the smartest men in the room regardless of what room he's in said on Fox this morning that Comey should have been gone January 20th.
I totally agree. I don't trust him any more than I trust the NY Times.

I still can't understand how Bolton is not part of Trumps cabinet.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I really believe Trump has the goods or he never would have started this.
And the Media can say anything they want, but if Lynch ordered it, it's the same as if the President did so.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Thought this was hilarious - need a bit of humor these next few years given the bad behavior from DIMs I expect ...

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Assuming the article is basically true, that is Comey said what was reported, why would Comey communicate such a sensitive matter to DoJ in a manner that it gets immediately released to the NYT ?

And here is an example of why Jeff Sessions recusing himself hurts the chain of command flow.

But even given Sessions recusal, Comey knows how super sensitive this topic is. He should have been absolutely positive his concern was transmitted to the President in a private manner.

Rather than let something so super charged hit the news, Comey should have arranged a mtg w Donald Trump and had a very private discussion.

At this point, and even from earlier events, I believe Comey has demonstrated he is the wrong person to lead the FBI.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I really believe Trump has the goods or he never would have started this.
And the Media can say anything they want, but if Lynch ordered it, it's the same as if the President did so.

I hope you're right, but he shoots from the hip a lot. If he is proved wrong on this, he will become a joke.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
There is nothing Trump can't do.
He is making Babs Streisand gain weight.
Trump is amazing.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...-making-gain-weight/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I hope you're right, but he shoots from the hip a lot. If he is proved wrong on this, he will become a joke.

Has he missed yet?????

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
President Trump is in an interesting position.

If there was a FISA operation, his tweets have basis.

If not, FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS!!!! EVEN CONSERVATIVE MEDIA DOES FAKE NEWS!!

Nice hedge Mr. President!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assuming the article is basically true, that is Comey said what was reported, why would Comey communicate such a sensitive matter to DoJ in a manner that it gets immediately released to the NYT ?

And here is an example of why Jeff Sessions recusing himself hurts the chain of command flow.

But even given Sessions recusal, Comey knows how super sensitive this topic is. He should have been absolutely positive his concern was transmitted to the President in a private manner.

Rather than let something so super charged hit the news, Comey should have arranged a mtg w Donald Trump and had a very private discussion.

At this point, and even from earlier events, I believe Comey has demonstrated he is the wrong person to lead the FBI.

Exactly. Why is this all a public discussion anyway? Oh, that's right, it originated in alleged leaks and possible violations of the law by Dems.

Overall, the surveillance question creates a backfire even if not ordered at all because the Dems are now left with the position that there was no FISA request and, consequently, no probable cause for surveillance.

The allegations against the President were pushed through un-sourced media reports. But, those same media reports now prove that tapping was done according to Mark Levin. Unless, of course, the media reports were false to begin with.

I wish Sessions had not given in so easily because no matter what, I'm not sure there will be confidence in a DOJ investigation because of the deeply embedded partisans. I have more confidence with Sessions at the helm than an Obama appointee. I will have less confidence now and feel a bit cheated out of the confidence I was seeking with my vote.

Comey seems like quite a loose-canon "politician" at this point. But, it was reported in the NYT, after all, so who knows what was really said.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post