SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I don't know how to embed a video here, but this cracked me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wWMG3jPHc

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Stickman approves of this other stick man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
. . .Democrats may regret Sessions’ recusal, as his replacement is a mini-Sessions: a long-respected, a-political, highly ethical prosecutor, Dana Boente, whose reputation is well-warranted from his service at the Tax Division, and who won’t be limited by any perceived ties to Trump, given his prior appointment by Obama. Obama himself appeared scared of Boente, as he removed Boente from the successor-to-Sessions position during the lame-duck part of Obama’s presidency, but Trump restored Boente to that role earlier this month. Democrats may get the investigation they wanted, but it may be their own that end up named in the indictment. . .

^^^^^I am VERY MUCH LIKING this.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is true karma. Some of Obama's worst deeds coming back to haunt him. This is so unexpected and extreme that no one would have imagined it. This is going to be a great year.

Lock him up!

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
This open warfare against the President in order to bring him down is beyond disgusting. The left is not opposing his policies or agenda, they are seeking to destroy his administration. The media no longer attempts to hide their absolute lack of objectivity.

We've reached medieval era politics. My pessimism for the future of our country is growing.

Posts: 9445 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
This is true karma. Some of Obama's worst deeds coming back to haunt him. This is so unexpected and extreme that no one would have imagined it. This is going to be a great year.

Lock him up!

We'll see. We can only have faith that justice is done.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
The new travel ban is out. The libtards are still whining.

WASHINGTON — President Trump signed an executive order Monday significantly scaling back his original travel ban from January. The new order drops language that privileges “religious minorities” in refugee admissions from Syria and other countries.

The new executive order goes into effect on March 16.

Trump’s January executive order was blocked nationwide by a federal judge in Washington for potentially encouraging unconstitutional religious discrimination. That case is still winding its way through the courts.

Among other things, the original executive order called into question the U.S. visas and green cards of people from seven majority-Muslim countries, including Iraq and Syria, while also suspending all refugee admissions from any country for four months and banning Syrian refugees indefinitely. Later the administration clarified that green card holders from the countries would be exempted.

The new executive order drops Iraq from the list of seven countries that will be banned and now only bars people from the six remaining countries from receiving visas in the future. It wholly exempts immigrants who currently hold valid U.S. visas from the ban and reinstates bans canceled by the original order. Refugees from Syria are no longer indefinitely barred from entering the United States, though the entire U.S. refugee program is still suspended for four months.

“To our allies and partners around the world, please understand this order is part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate vulnerabilities that radical Islamic terrorists can and will exploit for destructive ends,” Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said in a brief news conference after the order was signed.

The text of the new executive order also states that Attorney General Jeff Sessions informed the president that the FBI is currently investigating 300 people who originally came to the country as refugees for potential terrorist plots or ties. The new order directs the administration to release a report in 180 days that publicizes how many foreign-born individuals were “radicalized” once entering the United States and how many were implicated in terrorist activity. It also asks the administration to track “honor killings” in the country.

President Trump. (Photo: Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)
President Trump (Photo: Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)
More
Perhaps the most important change for the executive order’s chances in the courts is the dropping of portions of January’s order that appeared to carve out exceptions for religious minorities. The new executive order defended the previous order’s directive to privilege religious minorities in Syria and other countries when making case-by-case decisions about letting refugees into the United States despite the ban, but did not repeat that language. Those sections were specifically cited by the Ninth Circuit justices who blocked the order from going into effect as potential religious discrimination.

“That order was not motivated by animus toward any religion, but was instead intended to protect the ability of religious minorities — whoever they are and wherever they reside — to avail themselves of the [refugee program] in light of their particular challenges and circumstances,” the new order states.

Trump administration officials speaking anonymously insisted to reporters on a call Monday that the new, significantly revised order is not a concession that its original one is unconstitutional, but is the fastest way for the president to protect national security without court interference.

The Ninth Circuit judges also objected to the first version of the executive order for depriving legal immigrants from the banned countries of their legal rights to travel and return to the United States, since their visas would have been invalidated if they had done so. The Fifth Amendment right to due process applies to any people residing in the United States, not just U.S. citizens, the court reminded the Trump administration. The administration clarified days after the order went into effect that it did not apply to legal permanent residents of the United States, also referred to as green card holders. But the Ninth Circuit said it could not trust the government to stick to that interpretation, given how often it had changed its mind.

The new order is much clearer that it does not apply to green card holders, potentially helping it clear the legal bar.

However, a spokesman for the American Civil Liberties Union, which filed lawsuits against the original order, said the change is not enough to make it legal.

“The Trump administration must think the American people are fools if they think we don’t all see this for what it is — a Muslim ban,” said Faiz Shakir, national political director of the ACLU. “It is denying entry to Muslim visa applicants and Muslim refugees. It fulfills Trump’s dreams and ambitions of imposing a religious test on those who enter the United States.”

However, the changed executive order means that some of the plaintiffs in the original lawsuits may now lack standing. For example, Iraqis who are no longer banned.

But the ACLU said it would be amending its lawsuits and may file new challenges. “We’ll see you in court,” said ACLU’s National Legal Director David Cole.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...guage-163854132.html

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
On 1 March the Daily Mail published a story that Valerie Jarrett had moved in with the Obamas. That story got rereported all over various media and online news sites.

On 2 Mar, snopes.com put up a comment on the story and reported that

"Kevin Lewis, Barack Obama’s post-presidency spokesman, called the story “absurd” and devoid of facts, stating to us that Jarrett was neither moving in with the Obamas nor launching a political movement intended to oust President Trump from office."

http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/...rett-move-in-obamas/

I have been looking to see Kevin Lewis' denial in any other news source. Haven't seen it.

Just seems odd that something as bizarre as Jarrett moving in w the Obamas gets denied by the Obama spokesman, and there are no follow up clarifications or questions from any sources.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Mark Levin has had it with this asshole from Very-Fake-News CNN:

quote:

OPEN LETTER TO CNN'S BRIAN STELTER, YOU ARE THOROUGHLY DISHONEST.

MARK LEVIN·MONDAY, MARCH 6

Did you listen to my show on Thursday, before President Trump tweeted? Did you watch my appearance on Fox and Friends Sunday morning? I know you are ticked I did not appear on your show, despite your numerous requests. Your ad hominem attacks about "right wing" radio host and conspiracy theory stuff ... incredible.

I simply put together the stories that YOUR profession reported, on the public record. Do you deny there were two FISA applications? Do you deny the first was turned down? Do you deny the second was approved? It's called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. It is about surveillance. The fact that we cannot discern all the details because of the secrecy, except for what the media have revealed and selective leaks by the government, should cause you to want to know more, not to trash those who point it out.

And yes, we can make several logical implications based on events and experience. A FISA application is a big deal. One, or two in this case, that involve campaign surrogates, or a server or computer related to a candidate or campaign, etc., is a big deal. President Obama's statement is not a definitive statement of anything, other than he, personally, did not order a wiretap, which I never claimed. But that does not mean he was unaware of surveillance activity by several of his departments, even through routine reports to the president, such as the Daily Intel Briefing or information conveyed to him or his staff via the Justice Department re the FBI counter-intelligence activities. As for Clapper, despite his past dissembling before Congress, he may not have been aware of what was taking place since the FBI counter-intel operation reportedly sought the warrant. The Daily Intel Briefing might provide useful information in that regard as well.

Of course, the release of the FISA applications would also shed a lot of light on events, assuming YOU believe reports that they were filed.

Furthermore, Clapper has said, as recently as yesterday, that no connections between the Russians and the Trump campaign have been found. I am extremely critical of Russia, Putin, and the efforts to influence our election, although I do not believe they succeeded. That said, how would Clapper know of no connections if he, as former Director of National Intelligence, didn't look? On what is that based?

Your lack of curiosity and dishonesty about such matters and in dealing with me demean you and your profession. You are free to circulate this communication to whomever you wish, as I am making it public.

https://twitter.com/marklevins...s/838804965502119936

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Beautifully said.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"For a time such as this..."

Several schools of thought, but all are "correct", from a certain point of view...

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Kevin Lewis, Barack Obama’s post-presidency spokesman, called the story “absurd” and devoid of facts, stating to us that Jarrett was neither moving in with the Obamas nor launching a political movement intended to oust President Trump from office."

Just seems odd that something as bizarre as Jarrett moving in w the Obamas gets denied by the Obama spokesman, and there are no follow up clarifications or questions from any sources.

I agree... the obvious follow up question would be: "where does Ms. Jarrett live?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
This open warfare against the President in order to bring him down is beyond disgusting. The left is not opposing his policies or agenda, they are seeking to destroy his administration. The media no longer attempts to hide their absolute lack of objectivity.

We've reached medieval era politics. My pessimism for the future of our country is growing.

Close it down a few stop and replace "President, etc" in the above, with "me or I" and "us" in place of "administration", and the depth of field is amazing.

"We the People..." are the target. The Constitution (and what that word actuallay means) of these United States, and its destruction, is the endgame.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Text of Trump's revised immigration order

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...migration-order.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Absolutely right, Monkey.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
On 1 March the Daily Mail published a story that Valerie Jarrett had moved in with the Obamas. That story got rereported all over various media and online news sites.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/...rett-move-in-obamas/

I have been looking to see Kevin Lewis' denial in any other news source. Haven't seen it.

No idea whether snopes report on this is accurate, or not. However, snopes lost all credibility long ago with their pandering to the wild eyed left.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I'm shocked Snopes didnt have a "fact check" rebuttal on this about 29 minutes after the article came out, they are slacking over there!
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The NYT article that bama highlighted above was in the paper 19 and 20 Jan 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...s-investigation.html

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said.

It is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself. It is also unclear whether the inquiry has anything to do with an investigation into the hacking of the Democratic National Committee’s computers and other attempts to disrupt the elections in November

Mr. Manafort is among at least three Trump campaign advisers whose possible links to Russia are under scrutiny. Two others are Carter Page, a businessman and former foreign policy adviser to the campaign, and Roger Stone, a longtime Republican operative.

The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.

that would be obama

Counterintelligence investigations examine the connections between American citizens and foreign governments. Those connections can involve efforts to steal state or corporate secrets, curry favor with American government leaders or influence policy. It is unclear which Russian officials are under investigation, or what particular conversations caught the attention of American eavesdroppers.

Representatives of the agencies involved declined to comment. Of the half-dozen current and former officials who confirmed the existence of the investigations, some said they were providing information because they feared the new administration would obstruct their efforts. All spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the cases.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

ha!

stolen for future use Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

ha!

stolen for future use Big Grin

That was hilarious. Big Grin

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post