SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Today a first: awamori, the traditional liquor of Okinawa. Though I'm one-half Okinawan, I confess I've never tried it before. It's somewhat similar to Japanese sake, except it's distilled rather than fermented and brewed, so has a little higher alcohol content (the one I'm sampling is 24% ABV). Usually served chilled rather than warmed like many sake are.

(Actually a closer comparison would be shōchū, or soju in Korean, which I have had before.)

I must admit I did not like the first glass, but somehow developed a taste for it by the end of my second cup, and had to have a third serving. Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Turkey American Honey, straight. And in moderation Wink .

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jameson's Black Barrel

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J.T.S. Brown with nothing added.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
old pic, but I am enjoying this again this evening.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
old pic, but I am enjoying this again this evening.

Last night I opened the bottle of Eagle Rare that we brought back from Kentucky. I must say, that was pretty tasty. Smile

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Jameson

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Some Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
J.T.S. Brown with nothing added.

Fast Eddie Felson approves.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Posted this in the Bourbon thread in “The Lair” but thought I would post here as well for input...

Decided to give his Bourbon thing a try.

As I am getting older I don’t need the calories of the sweet and fruity drinks I have always favored (daiquiris, frozen margaritas, pina colada, etc.)

Back in my Marine Corps days I drank a fair amount of rum and coke or Jack Daniels and coke. Never been a big drinker, no more than 1-2 at a time and no more than once or twice a month.

I don’t want to spend a crazy amount of money on multiple bottles that would take many years to drink, so decided to pick up some samplers of some of the more oft mentioned varieties.

So far I have samplers of Buffalo Trace, Maker’s Mark 90 proof, Woodford Reserve 91.4 proof, Knob Creek Small Batch 100 proof, and Bulleit 90 proof.

I am guessing the best way to decide preferences and compare them against each other is by drinking neat with something to cleanse palate between brands? Seems also the experience of one can change when sampled neat vs. diluted with water.

Spring water, fridge filtered, distilled? Does it matter and how much water would one add?

TIA for suggestions and info.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spring water, fridge filtered, distilled? Does it matter and how much water would one add?

How much water for your whiskey.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pabst Blue Ribbon (it's not just for hipsters).

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My youngest son just dropped off a 4-pack presento of New Holland Dragon's Milk. I am intrigued! Big Grin

UPDATE: Opened a bottle for after-supper enjoyment. My son knew I like Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout among others and thought this Imperial Stout would strike my fancy.

I am impressed. Nice mouth feel, no bitterness; malt, vanilla, and other notes come through with this creamy beer. Doesn't taste like the 11% ABV it has. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
On tap for sampling this weekend.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Early Times BiB earlier; and as the rain falls now, and with the Grand Canyon Suite on the stereo, Tullamore DEW. Feeling kind of Zen-rene.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I'm on my last bottle of Buffalo Trace. There is no supply in St. Louis as all my sources have not had a single bottle for sale in the past 4 months. Frown

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Long day of yard work

A cold Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier sure hit the spot

As for the BT, I was getting worried that it was out of stock for a couple of weeks, all is well now though

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig barrel proof as I watch the derby.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Officially started my (re)introduction to bourbon tonight.

Bulleit on ice, a few sips to get a taste for it, then added some Pepsi to finish.

I like it, definitely better than the Jack and Jim I drank years ago.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post