SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
My polite suggestion is to avoid perpetuating this conspiracy theory BS. It will take you nowhere and it's exactly what the anti-2A crowd wants you to pay attention to. Instead, debate on the absurdity of their proposals and arguments.

Word.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"At the age of seventeen Mark Twain says he thought his father the most ignorant man in all the world and just couldn’t stand him about. At the age of twenty-three he found that his father knew a few things and he could put up with him occasionally; at the age of twenty-seven he knew that his father was the smartest man in all the world and he just doted on having him about".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
It is not clear what either wants to study. Hogg has a 4.2 GPA and scored a 1270 on his SATs, both of which are considered above average.
How does one get a 4.2 GPA? Most schools have a 4.0 as highest.

flashguy

I'm pretty sure all schools still consider 4.0 all "A"s, however...

If you take AP courses, you can raise your cumulative grade point average above a 4.0
Nobody did that when I was in high school.

flashguy

No one took AP classes or AP classes weren't offered at your high school?
I don't think anyone did in 1950s. I took a college-prep curriculum in the most academically-oriented school in Detroit, Michigan. The competition was high, because 85% of the students were well-off Jew who were planning to be scientists, doctors, and lawyers.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here is part of the predictable insanity, the inevitable overreaction:

http://www.wvlt.tv/content/new...h-gun-478057053.html

Student suspended for drawing stick figure with gun

ROSEBORO, N.C. (WRAL/CNN) – A middle school student was suspended after doodling stick figures holding guns and knives, WRAL reports.

The Roseboro-Salemburg Middle School student's father said he couldn't believe his son was punished for drawing the pictures. He added that he was not surprised about his son's drawings because he is a hunter.

“When I see that, I see a normal 13-year-old boy. I drew pictures like this,” the student's father, James Herring told WRAL. “You know, any other person that’s of age drew drawings like this. You know, it’s nothing to get expelled from school from.”

Eric Bracy, superintendent of Sampson County Schools, said schools are being extra vigilant due to recent shootings across the country.

“There are some things that list possible threats or things like that. We have categories – category one, two, three and four – which sort of grades potential incidents and the level of seriousness,” Bracy told WRAL.

Bracy said the drawings could fit into one of the school's categories, but would not discuss the specifics of the school suspension.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
More predictable insanity ...
A class on how to build an AR-15 was held at a VFW Post in Marshall, MI last night. About a dozen protestors showed up to picket the class.

A major complaint seemed to be the "timing" of the event. Never mind that it had been planned and scheduled well before the Florida school shooting. Not to mention the class has been held at that post for the last three years. Suddenly, a dozen people need to protest it.

This raises the question: when a car is used to plow into a crowded sidewalk in a deliberate act of murder, what should we suspend / postpone?
Driver's Ed classes?
Auto mechanic classes?
What?

Link

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I find this figure hard to believe, but what do I know...

One in five Americans wants the Second Amendment to be repealed, national survey finds ...

Out of a sample of what? And who did the polling?

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I find this figure hard to believe, but what do I know...

One in five Americans wants the Second Amendment to be repealed, national survey finds ...

Out of a sample of what? And who did the polling?
Yep. Want me to prove via polling that a large majority of Americans believe the earth is flat? With the right question(s) and group(s), no problem. I'm thinking we'll start in San Francisco...

quote:
One caveat is that other polls have shown that many Americans do not know what the Second Amendment is.
Now I 'might' agree with that polling result given the rampant stupidity of huge cross sections of the current populace.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why are we looking at polls? You have to be joking. Do you know what polls tell you? Nothing. You cannot trust polls. Polls are worse than worthless. Polls are tools of propagandists.

Please don't post such stuff in this thread.

Polls? Polls????

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Why are we looking at polls? You have to be joking. Do you know what polls tell you? Nothing. You cannot trust polls. Polls are worse than worthless. Polls are tools of propagandists.

Please don't post such stuff in this thread.

Polls? Polls????

Sorry, I deleted my post.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The good guys and gals.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I found this interesting. They did a survey of the crowd at the march, and the majority weren't kids, as allegedly advertised.

WAPO: Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives. (No, it wasn’t mostly young people.)

quote:
Like other resistance protests, and like previous gun-control marches, the March for Our Lives was mostly women. Whereas the 2017 Women’s March was 85 percent women, the March for Our Lives was 70 percent women. Further, participants were highly educated; 72 percent had a BA or higher.

Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Here is Hogg’s interview with TIME magazine following the shooting in which he claimed that he was in his AP environmental science class at the time the shooting occured(sic):

When Hogg heard a “pop” while sitting in an AP environmental science class around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, he told his teacher it sounded strangely like a gunshot."

Bolding, mine.
I'd bet a week's lunch money that that translates as Climate Change Political Indoctrination Class. Not sure how to investigate that.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd bet a week's lunch money that that translates as Climate Change Political Indoctrination Class. Not sure how to investigate that.

I had to do a little digging, but here you go:

quote:
The goal of the AP Environmental Science course is to provide students with the
scientific principles, concepts, and methodologies required to understand the
interrelationships of the natural world, to identify and analyze environmental problems
both natural and human-made, to evaluate the relative risks associated with these
problems, and to examine alternative solutions for resolving or preventing them

I was hoping to find a school map to see how close Hogg was to the shooting. They have conveniently removed that from their website.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Hogg heard a “pop” ... he told his teacher it sounded strangely like a gunshot."

Why would such a self-righteous antigun advocate know what a distant gunshot sounds like? How many gunshots has he heard under similar conditions?

A common statement by survivors of active shooting incidents is that they didn’t recognize the noises as gunshots at first. Even experienced shooters have seldom—if ever—heard shots fired inside buildings.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://trib.al/VloUeuy

Jimmy Carter is trying to regain his title of Biggest Idiot Ever a President from Obama. “NRA serves gun manufacturers, not gun owners” Roll Eyes

from Jimma's statement "There is no threat to the Second Amendment among the side of young people to have good background checks before you can buy a weapon and you can do away with the rapid-fire military weapons that we have authorized.”

I'm stone sober, and for that statement to make any sense at all I'd have to polish off the Christmas Rye and read it backwards. Poor Jimma's cheese done slipped down off his cracker.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
I found this interesting. They did a survey of the crowd at the march, and the majority weren't kids, as allegedly advertised.

WAPO: Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives. (No, it wasn’t mostly young people.)

It was a Nasty Woman pussy-hat rally promoted as a kids rally.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Report I just saw said Cruz is getting fan mail. WTF?!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Little Hitler is mad at Laura Ingraham and wants his Brownshirts to boycott her:

https://www.washingtontimes.co...ra-ingraham-boycott/

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post