SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
His own quote:

DAVID HOGG: On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could (snip)

"Road." One more indicator that young Mr. Hogg [or someone from CBS news] should have actually been in school a bit more? Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
His own quote:

DAVID HOGG: On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could (snip)

"Road." One more indicator that young Mr. Hogg [or someone from CBS news] should have actually been in school a bit more? Razz

I'm trying to stay away from conspiracy shit, but here's the video....how can you be a "survivor" if you were not there?

4:25

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
The former president touted the potential that young people have to create change, citing the survivors of the Florida high school shooting who organized Saturday's “March for Our Lives” rally for gun reform, according to the news outlet.

He also said that a lot of today's problems are “caused by old men.”

Reality just doesn't matter either to this narcissistic pothead...

What they call "gun violence" is almost always caused by young men.

I wonder if Obama was smart enough to include himself in the "old man" comment.

Funny, a lot of those "young men" that cause the violence could probably be his son...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8349 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

That is another image that speaks volumes of truth.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and let’s all focus for a second on the fact that David Hogg was not at school the day of the shooting. Can his 15 minutes be up, please?
His own quote:
DAVID HOGG: On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m...d-grief-into-action/

Apologists (Vox) are now claiming the quote is taken out of contex. That, after the shooting he went home, got his camera then returned about 6 PM to take photos.
What we need is a couple of minutes either side of the quote.
https://www.redstate.com/sarah...school-day-shooting/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I feel like I've been dragged into a high school glee club and I can't get out. I'm more than ready for next big news event - anything that will get me out of this nonsense.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If we wanted to play as dirty as the commies, we would start a rumor on social media that David Hogg was not in school the day of the shooting because he was an accomplice to the shooter. We are outraged! We demand justice! Lock up David Hogg!! Lock up David Hogg! No justice no peace!!

It makes no sense. It is totally false. In other words, it is exactly like what they do.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If we wanted to play as dirty as the commies, we would start a rumor on social media that David Hogg was not in school the day of the shooting because he was an accomplice to the shooter. We are outraged! We demand justice! Lock up David Hogg!! Lock up David Hogg! No justice no peace!!

The leftists lie and 'misrepresent' all the time. We need to be better than that. The truth will prevail above the lies.

As the quote goes, "One must fight the beast without becoming the beast."

I would LOVE for somebody to pin this punk down in an interview and ask him WHERE he was when the shooting started. That quote above (about him roading his bike to the school ( Cool ) with his camera) implies he was at home when the shooting started. That means, he is NOT a 'school shooting survivor' as he claims (and as he has staked his entire identity upon). This also means that he RUSHED to the scene with his camera to document it; not to help fellow students. He was likely, IMO, trying to start media-whoring right away, after the bullets stopped flying and his life was no longer in any danger (like jesse jackson starting his political career literally covered in Martin Luther King Jr's blood).

I mean, imagine you are in high school, and you learned there was a mass murder just committed there. How many of us would think "Hey, I should grab my camera and RUSH right over")? He didn't say he wanted to get there to comfort his classmates, or help with the wounded or emotionally traumatized - he took his camera to, in his own words, "to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could."

Smug little punk needs taken down a few notches.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

The leftists lie and 'misrepresent' all the time. We need to be better than that. The truth will prevail above the lies.

As the quote goes, "One must fight the beast without becoming the beast."

I would LOVE for somebody to pin this punk down in an interview and ask him WHERE he was when the shooting started. That quote above (about him roading his bike to the school ( Cool ) with his camera) implies he was at home when the shooting started. That means, he is NOT a 'school shooting survivor' as he claims (and as he has staked his entire identity upon). This also means that he RUSHED to the scene with his camera to document it; not to help fellow students. He was likely, IMO, trying to start media-whoring right away, after the bullets stopped flying and his life was no longer in any danger (like jesse jackson starting his political career literally covered in Martin Luther King Jr's blood).

I mean, imagine you are in high school, and you learned there was a mass murder just committed there. How many of us would think "Hey, I should grab my camera and RUSH right over")? He didn't say he wanted to get there to comfort his classmates, or help with the wounded or emotionally traumatized - he took his camera to, in his own words, "to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could."

Smug little punk needs taken down a few notches.

He is sounding more like John Kerry every day!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Former SCOTUS says that we should repeal the Second Amendment. Pretty chilling shit, right here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...econd-amendment.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
There are very rich and powerful organizations out there that are spending millions if not billions of dollars in an attempt to take away our ability to defend ourselves.
What nefarious shit are they going to try if they are successful?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
There are very rich and powerful organizations out there that are spending millions if not billions of dollars in an attempt to take away our ability to defend ourselves.
I think there are two primary motives. First is absolute control. Second is part of the first, self defense/preservation. I think they have screwed things up so bad that to remain in control they will have to captivate us. Were we to suffer what is to come and be armed, we would soon learn who is responsible, find them and take them out. There is no place left on earth to hide. Better to captivate the population, reduce the population via war and eugenics and remain the man behind the curtain pulling the levers and extracting the value of the peoples' produce. Keep us in debt, drugged and fighting with each other.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I think there are two primary motives. First is absolute control. Second is part of the first, self defense/preservation. I think they have screwed things up so bad that to remain in control they will have to captivate us. Were we to suffer what is to come and be armed, we would soon learn who is responsible, find them and take them out. There is no place left on earth to hide. Better to captivate the population, reduce the population via war and eugenics and remain the man behind the curtain pulling the levers and extracting the value of the peoples' produce.

Scary.
And good reason to do everything we can to educate our young and keep up the good fight in preserving our freedoms.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
What leftists suffer...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Darth is absolutely correct. That is why there is no "compromise" on gun control. The left does not want to control guns, they want to eliminate them. No matter what our side may 'get' in a 'compromise', the left will be back for more until they have reached their objective of the total elimination of civilian firearm ownership.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Darth is absolutely correct. That is why there is no "compromise" on gun control. The left does not want to control guns, they want to eliminate them. No matter what our side may 'get' in a 'compromise', the left will be back for more until they have reached their objective of the total elimination of civilian firearm ownership.

The Left thinking is "guns for me, but not for thee". I wonder how many anti-gun politicians would agree they would never allow any firearms used to defend their own lives - no armed guards or law enforcement of any kind to protect them.

A few years ago there was a very anti-gun CA state assembly person (or senator?) who himself carried a 9mm Beretta. When asked about the apparent contradiction, his response was something like "I never know when someone might want to take a potshot at me".

It is sad that too many in society don't realize that, and are willing to surrender their rights for an empty promise of security, which will amount to oppression and captivity.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

The Left thinking is "guns for me, but not for thee". I wonder how many anti-gun politicians would agree they would never allow any firearms used to defend their own lives - no armed guards or law enforcement of any kind to protect them.

A few years ago there was a very anti-gun CA state assembly person (or senator?) who himself carried a 9mm Beretta. When asked about the apparent contradiction, his response was something like "I never know when someone might want to take a potshot at me".

It is sad that too many in society don't realize that, and are willing to surrender their rights for an empty promise of security, which will amount to oppression and captivity .

I think more often too many are willing to surrender others' liberty for security and profit...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
What leftists suffer...

I can't believe how unhinged parts of this country are becoming. Liberals are literally losing their minds and their anger seems to grow on a daily basis. Gone are the days where you could talk to liberal friends about disagreements because now they literally hate you.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I can't believe how unhinged parts of this country are becoming. Liberals are literally losing their minds and their anger seems to grow on a daily basis. Gone are the days where you could talk to liberal friends about disagreements because now they literally hate you.

I'm amazed but, not yet disturbed by the reactions, melt-downs and outright apoplexy the liberals I know are going through. The last 30-years have seen every Republican candidate for any office, being tarred as the anti-Christ, the worst thing known to mankind. At what point do they run out of adjectives and insults?

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post