SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Is this

the other side of this

?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Not your typical "Have it your way, the customer is always right, have a nice day" kind of marketing bullshit.

Either the owner/operator is a serious sociopath, or this is reverse/perverse marketing of the finest kind, designed to appeal to a particular (SigForumesque) customer.

Simple, straightforward, no bullshit taken or given.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Do we really believe someone has a business like that selling one item—grilled cheese sandwiches—and for $1.00?

If it is true, then I would wish him all the good fortune possible.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Raw cost of goods: under $.30/ea.

Gross margin: +70%.

If there's a market with sufficient volume, I'd do that all day long.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Is this

the other side of this

?

flashguy

Probably not, one has single axle and the other has two. Brothers, perhaps.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Is this

the other side of this

?

flashguy

Probably not, one has single axle and the other has two. Brothers, perhaps.

On the building behind the lower trailer there's a partial sign that I assume says "trailers." These trailers both appear brand spanking new, so they're probably just an advertisement for a business that sells trailers, or specifically, food trailers.

Maybe?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
Probably not, one has single axle and the other has two.

Good catch. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Do we really believe someone has a business like that selling one item—grilled cheese sandwiches—and for $1.00?

If it is true, then I would wish him all the good fortune possible.

I had a friend that used to take his family to some of the bigger music festivals and pay for the whole thing by spending whatever time they weren’t seeing the acts they really wanted to see by making and selling dollar grilled cheese sandwiches. As Artie notes, the profit margin can be insane, and if you set up in a good location, like, say at a music festival with all kinds of inebriated folk milling about, you can make good money. Nobody cares that it’s the cheapest white bread and American cheese you could find. They got a grilled cheese sandwich for a buck. They leave happy and feeling like they got the best deal ever and you doubled your money at worst.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
That’s a APDS round for a tank’s main gun. It is a spike that discards the blue sabot when it leaves the barrel...at extreme speed. It will kill anything it hits and is designed to kill other armored tanks....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
That’s a APDS round for a tank’s main gun. It is a spike that discards the blue sabot when it leaves the barrel...at extreme speed. It will kill anything it hits and is designed to kill other armored tanks....

So how does it make a grid square disappear?

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes.
Almost as precise and selective as a sniper's bullet, and not intended or suitable for area damage.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:

It doesn't. It's a kinetic energy projectile that punches through armor without explosives. The most famous would be the depleted uranium rounds from our Abrams tanks that punched through T-55 and T-72 tanks in Desert Storm.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

It doesn’t, but you don’t wanna get hit by one

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It doesn’t, but you don’t wanna get hit by one

A better photo would have been of a high explosive round. Sabot rounds like that kill via kinetic energy. I don't think they even explode.

It's a cool concept but I know too much to really enjoy it.

A better photo still would have been 155mm rounds for a Paladin self propelled artillery gun. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Clearly created by someone who has no idea what the soldier is holding, other than it's big and scary looking

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post

I like the meme, but who are they?

flashguy

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It’s Tom hardy from his show, Taboo....takes place during the reign of the East India Company, he returns from Africa when his dad dies, and he is bequeathed the family business.

Great outfits, great historical firearms and the like

He plays a really good bad guy...

He was in Peaky Blinders as Alfie Solomon’s. Also played Bane in one of the Batman movies.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Never heard of him or the show. Must be on broadcast TV.

flashguy