SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thought he was really good in The Drop too.

Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Thanks. Never heard of him or the show. Must be on broadcast TV.

flashguy

FX on cable and BBC One. I suppose BBC One is cable too unless you live in England, though I haven't had cable in quite a while.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Ok, I don't get this one:

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:

[picture of roll of TP]

Professional ass-wipes? Hell if I know.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I think it's literally toilet paper that is marketed and sold to businesses. That single-ply garbage that tears the instant you touch it and gets more shit on your hands than on the paper. I guess the joke is the "professional" part of it since it's practically useless.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

[picture of roll of TP]

Professional-grade (GMC commercial?) TP. Can't knock that!

GF and I were traveling last week and saw that very TP-wrapper. We got a good laugh out of it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
quote:

[picture of roll of TP]

GF and I were traveling last week and saw that very TP-wrapper. We got a good laugh out of it.

Have an engineer at work who's a professional ass-wipe, maybe the roll was made for her?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
quote:

[picture of roll of TP]

Have an engineer at work who's a professional ass-wipe, maybe the roll was made for her?

"Strong enough for an engineer, but made for an operations manager." Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OK...I have to admit I don’t get ASG’s meme with Dan Crenshaw in the orange parka.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
OK...I have to admit I don’t get ASG’s meme with Dan Crenshaw in the orange parka.

You're not alone. The eyepatch over NOT in the second image... WTF? It it supposed to mean that the libtards are blind to the 2A? Dunno... the meme's a stretch no matter how you cut it.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THANK YOU! I thought it was just me..... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Dan Crenshaw, veteran and conservative, is saying red flag laws are hunky-dory.

Breitbart link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Dan Crenshaw, veteran and conservative, is saying red flag laws are hunky-dory.

No he isn't. He's saying due process and demonstrable imminent danger is paramount if any red flag statutes are passed and NOT the same tripe echoed from the left.

...ah I now see you've added a link which says as much.

Bottom line if the meme is meant to criticize Crenshaw it's lame and inaccurate.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

You're not alone. The eyepatch over NOT in the second image... WTF? It it supposed to mean that the libtards are blind to the 2A? Dunno... the meme's a stretch no matter how you cut it.

What's not to get? Anti's think the 2nd amendment can be infringed upon. So they stuck an eyepatch over "not." They used an eyepatch as a way of making fun of Crenshaw who is a 2nd amendment supporter. I don't think it gets any more deeper than that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your correction, bald1, for which I am grateful. I do think that was the gist of the meme, and am happy to be wrong about Crenshaw in this case.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

What's not to get? Anti's think the 2nd amendment can be infringed upon. So they stuck an eyepatch over "not." They used an eyepatch as a way of making fun of Crenshaw who is a 2nd amendment supporter. I don't think it gets any more deeper than that.

Okay... fine.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Glad to see I’m not the only one this confused. Crenshaw is a STAUNCH 2A advocate/supporter and level-headed Conservative. I just wasn’t getting it.

Some days I wake up on the not-so-bright side of the bed... Cool

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's not to get?
I had the very same question as bald1. I looked at that meme several times and I had no idea what it meant. I thought it was some kind of dig against Crenshaw.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
What's not to get?
I had the very same question as bald1. I looked at that meme several times and I had no idea what it meant. I thought it was some kind of dig against Crenshaw.

Yeah, me too. I didn't think to post here when I first saw it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Okay... fine.

Apologies, bald. My post was rude. Normally I reread my posts before posting and edit as necessary. That first sentence was completely unnecessary.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post