SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain the meme thread
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain the meme thread Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
When I first originated this thread I was serious--there were (and still are) memes that totally flew over my head and I wanted explantations. It has been somewhat gratifying to learn that I'm not alone in my cluelessness, and I have truly appreciated all the help in understanding what those cryptic (to me) memes are about. Thanks to all who offer assistance.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Oh believe me, you aren't alone.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I get most of them, but Flashguy, yeah a few leave me scratching my head.

Most, like 98% are funny as hell, 1% are like OK, that's somewhat funny, then there like the other 1%....well, that's all I got to say about that.

ARman

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Then why was it I who posted a thread wanting explanations? I was frustrated by the rule that on the meme threads no other posts could be made. I figured (correctly) that Para would not object to a thread specifically devoted to getting explanations. I'm glad it is working.

flashguy

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Then why was it I who posted a thread wanting explanations? I was frustrated by the rule that on the meme threads no other posts could be made. I figured (correctly) that Para would not object to a thread specifically devoted to getting explanations. I'm glad it is working.

Given the wide range of ages among the members here, it is not surprising that many of us old codgers are dumbfounded by some of the stuff the youngsters post. lolololololololololol

So kudos to flash for originating this welcome thread! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. And I think it needs to be made a permanent thread--most of the time when I want to use it, it has gotten migrated to sevaral pages back and I have to go look for it.

flashguy

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The Harley Davidson meme... ?? Confused

I'm not a biker dude, so I'm befuddled.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
There are better options than HD, but HD and HD owners act like it is the best thing since sliced bread. As portrayed in the comic, they act like they are #1...

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A good example of that meme in real life.
My uncle buys a brand new HD Breakout. We go on a ride up to the mountains and his bike randomly stalls three times and barely makes it back after developing a throttle issue. A few weeks later I hear that he had to get a new throttle part as it had failed completely and rendered the bike inoperable.
A few weeks after that he looks at my Suzuki and asks me when I’m gonna buy a real bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How about the one on p. 259 with Betty White, the cookies and the spools of sewing thread? Is she hanging on by a thread? (She is 98 years old.)

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Betty White doesn't want cookies in the tin, she wants thread. Fairly standard practice for elderly people who sew a lot. I think we found 5 or 10 of them at grandma's house.

The original meme originated from the singer Drake and the song hotline bling.

edited typo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Betty White doesn't want cookies in the tin, she wants thread. Fairly standard practice for elderly people who see a lot. I think we found 5 or 10 of them at grandma's house.

The original meme originated from the singer Drake and the song hotline bling.
Did you mean "SEW a lot"? (Autocorrect strikes again)

flashguy

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
There are better options than HD, but HD and HD owners act like it is the best thing since sliced bread. As portrayed in the comic, they act like they are #1...

Ahh.. gotchya. Thank you.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Did you mean "SEW a lot"? (Autocorrect strikes again)

flashguy

Yep thanks.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Sorry, but those lame comics are a low point in an otherwise incredibly awesome and funny thread.

Those are a low point for you? In a thread filled with images that don't the bill as a meme, or a comic, or cartoon, or anything, like people just found a picture of a tree they liked, and posted it? Awlrighty then.

I find a lot of the Strange Planet to be humorous, simply because that's how I see the world. When I first saw those comics, I thought, "this is how people on the autism spectrum see the world." Now, all you normies might not like it, because you don't get it, but I like 'em because I don't get the world.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
What ASG said.

Never been tested for it myself, but wouldn't be surprised if I landed somewhere on the spectrum...it would explain a lot.

Haven't seen the Strange Planet stuff before, but I did find them funny with a quickness.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember my friends If your girl is not shaving on this quarantine she wasn’t doing it for you

“not shaving on this quarantine” means what, exactly?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Remember my friends If your girl is not shaving on this quarantine she wasn’t doing it for you

Shaving her parts. Your woman was shaving because she's out getting strange.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Shaving her axe wound. The implication is that if she stopped shaving while stuck inside with you, she was shaving it before for another man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Lmao at “axe wound”. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post