SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Delusions of grandeur.

Delusions of adequacy.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
In the same interview...

AOC Slams Capitalism As "Irredeemable" System...

Hey, you vacuous twat, the "CEO" sees a need to supply a widget to "widget consumers", and also sees "widget makers" who need a job "making widgets", and surmises he will "risk" his "capital" (or that of investors) in the effort to hire "widget makers" and also invent in obtaining "widget components, equipment, facilities and what not" in the effort of producing "widgets for consumer".

In all of this "business math", the "widget makers" (labor) is but a part of the equation. The "widget maker" is not the "most important component" of making "widgets".

Get over yourselves and your importance to the end game.

You are but a fungible component in the "world of widgets".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
and here she is again

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...eal-problem-n2542894

Cortez was asked about the threat of automation and technology eliminating jobs

“We should not be haunted by the specter of being automated out of work,” she said

“We should be excited by that. But the reason we’re not excited by it is because we live in a society where if you don’t have a job, you are left to die. And that is, at its core, our problem.”

“We should be excited about automation, because what it could potentially mean is more time educating ourselves, more time creating art, more time investing in and investigating the sciences, more time focused on invention, more time going to space, more time enjoying the world that we live in,” she said. “Because not all creativity needs to be bonded by wage.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cortez is a looney tune.

Well since the unemployed in western countries are not being left to die, we should be seeing great art, invention and learning from them. I don’t see it.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Delusions of grandeur.
Delusions of sanity.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well since the unemployed in western countries are not being left to die, we should be seeing great art, invention and learning from them. I don’t see it.

Don't we already have cities that have groups of people that don't work?

I don't see much art and innovation coming from those communities.
Unless she is talking about graffiti and chalk outlines.
Look at how well they are doing with all that free time on their hands.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
We should be wary of any opinion that spews out of her pie hole.

I suspect that AOC does not believe much of what she spouts. Her goal is control of the masses, with her being one of those on top. What she says is mostly to obtain votes, and does not reflect what she really believes.

What she believes is:
I want power and money
I want control
I cannot obtain this through work or skill, so I will try using manipulation. This is so much easier than earning things through work.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wonder who is really pulling her strings

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
quote:

Don't we already have cities that have groups of people that don't work?

I don't see much art and innovation coming from those communities.
Unless she is talking about graffiti and chalk outlines.
Look at how well they are doing with all that free time on their hands.

Damn good point.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Cortez:

"And this idea of like 10% better from garbage, is, shouldn't be what we settle for, it's like this like it feels like moderate is not a stance it's just an attitude toward life of like hmmm."
"Like" used five times in one sentence. Is this a world record?

Well, she does have almost all the brains of a Valley Girl.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

https://www.youtube.com/attrib...-uTTC-r8VyP9TKXBNSXo

Posted a couple of pages back.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

See video at bottom of page 76 of this thread. Very enlightening...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
and here she is again

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...eal-problem-n2542894

Cortez was asked about the threat of automation and technology eliminating jobs

“We should not be haunted by the specter of being automated out of work,” she said

“We should be excited by that. But the reason we’re not excited by it is because we live in a society where if you don’t have a job, you are left to die. And that is, at its core, our problem.”

“We should be excited about automation, because what it could potentially mean is more time educating ourselves, more time creating art, more time investing in and investigating the sciences, more time focused on invention, more time going to space, more time enjoying the world that we live in,” she said. “Because not all creativity needs to be bonded by wage.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cortez is a looney tune.

AOC, I want you to build me a rocking chair. I want it to be lightweight, well balanced and be built in the mastercraft of carpentry to reflect your artistic talents and the 10k hours it will take you to learn and do this. I want it to sit my ass in. I want you do to it for free, and live on your Basic that is provided while doing it. Then I want you to forge me a knife (blade length of 3 3/4" in your signature style . . . .so I can sit my ass in that rocker and whittle wooden chess pieces.
all for free, because "not all creativity needs to be bonded by wage."

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And then Obama the numb-nutz wonder putz will come along and say to AOC, "You didn't build that!"

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The video posted by 6guns is definitely worth watching.

It explains Cortez. She wasn't elected, she was selected by audition. Amazing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

adding:

saw comments by Joe Scarborough that made me look up the primary contest w Cortez

The NY 14th district has about 700,000 people.

In the DEM primary contest between Cortez and incumbent DEM Crowley,

30,000 people voted

17,000 for Cortez
13,000 for Crowley

So we got this nut case by 4,000 NY primary votes

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know, the more AOC talks, the more she subtracts from the intelligence of mankind.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cortez takes a shot at one of my favorite politicians, Devin Nunes

once again, "swing and a miss" for Cortez

sorry Cortez, California Assembly Bill 1884 prohibits full-service restaurants from providing single-use plastic straws unless they are requested

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/...now-actually-exists/

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ewwwwwwwee. Please pass the brain bleach.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cortez:

"So, hypothetically, if there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline, why shouldn't Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?"

Wells Fargo CEO: "Because we don't operate the pipeline."

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cortez:

"So, hypothetically, if there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline, why shouldn't Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?"

Wow, just wow. Its truly hard to believe any adult could be that stupid.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Cortez:

Wow, just wow. Its truly hard to believe any adult could be that stupid.

Oh, it gets worse.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...-pipeline-oil-spill/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post